“Excellent staff and little extras really put this hotel at the top of my list!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Courtyard Stuart

Courtyard Stuart
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Stuart
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I am one day into my three night stay at the Courtyard Marriott. I thought that I had made a reservation through my rewards account, but somehow it did not go through. No worries though! The front desk clerk quickly checked me in with the best rate that I found online and even honored my request to be on a high floor away from the elevators.
I am very particular about the cleanliness of my room, but not overly creeped out if I find a hair on a linen. (Some people must have maids that lent roll their linens, because even I have a few a straggling hairs in my towels at my own home.) with that said, I think this is THE cleanest chain hotel I have ever visited.
A few things my husband had an issue with were: not a tub in this particular room (unsure if you can request a tub); water didn't get cold enough (or we just couldn't figure out how to get it cold, either way, you aren't running out of hot water here); air conditioner was loud (I didn't mind it, but did wish the bed was closer to the unit, as we have to keep it constantly running to be a comfortable temperature).
I think the bistro is ok. Had the wings, they were just ok (think the grease needed changing), came out burnt, but not crispy. Other items looked delicious and they have a few Starbucks items.
I am doing laundry at the facility, although it is $2 to wash and $2 to dry, it is no more than a laundry mat and the hotel provides complimentary Tide detergent and Bounce dryer sheets. The laundry area is on the second floor and rooms 215-217 are next to/across from the laundry area and elevators, just incase anyone wants to avoid getting a room next to this area.
The maid service comes by early AM. I am on the 4th floor and they were knocking around 0930. We were still in the room and she came back after we left. We got back to the hotel at 1500 and the room was spotless.
The hotel provides high end hair and body products. They use Paul Mitchell hair shampoo and conditioner and provide the tea tree lemon-sage body wash and lotion. Both excellent products as these are what I use at my own home.
Overall great hotel that is
maybe 15 minutes from an awesome beach and downtown area. About 15 minted from Tradition with lots of shops and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Tiffany L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I am in this hotel again because I love it. I have been traveling for about a month out west, and it's good to come back to this hotel and chill out. It's clean, friendly, and SO comfortable.

Denise is always nice when I check-in (as I do quite often). She is accommodating and friendly. All the staff members I come into contact with are the same - nice and friendly!

My room is spacious, super-clean, and the A/C works great on these hot summer days; the bed is SO comfy. The bathroom is big and functional with good water pressure and a lot of storage space. There are select rooms with balconies, which are really nice. Mine overlooks the pool and I saw a beautiful sunrise this morning. There's a mini-frig, microwave, and little coffee pot (there's also Starbucks in the lobby - for those who prefer to pay for coffee).

I will be back here again and again. I have written reviews before and they stand. The location is great for me - right off I-95. It's a few minutes' drive to downtown Stuart, and a couple more minutes to a large area of Jensen Beach with every shop and restaurant you could ask for. Hutchinson Island, with one of the cleanest, most beautiful beaches in Florida, isn't too far either (maybe 1/2 hour or less, depending on traffic) - certainly not walking distance, but not a long drive.

There's a very nice area in the back where there are tables and chairs, and a firepit and grill. On a nice night, it's nice to sit out there by the pool. The outdoor pool is beautiful, and there is gym (neither of which I use). Plenty of free parking, and great free wifi. No free breakfast, but there is a Cracker Barrel right outside the door (if that's your thing). All good. Stay here!

Room Tip: Try for a balcony facing the back. It's nice to sit out there and overlook the pool.
Green Features: When I first began staying here, there were recycle bags in the room. But, the past couple times, I have not seen them anymore. There are no recycle bins where the ice is, nor do I see any around. I really wish ALL hotels would recycle, but those are few and far between.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tczig
Oneida, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I had to go to Stuart to settle her dad's estate, not a pleasant task. We picked this hotel, which we found (after we checked in) was less than 2 miles from the property we had to deal with, a huge plus! From the very start, the ladies at the front desk - Denise, Jacqueline, et al went out of their way to help us. We needed boxes to pack up things at the property, they gave us what they had and directed us to Publix to get more. Needed directions to a Florida DMV office, they sent us to a more convenient (and closer) branch -no waiting in line, thank you! Needed a list copied each day - no problem. Late checkout (our flight was at 5:30 PM) - you got it! Help printing our boarding passes the night before - of course! The room was clean and our bed was very comfortable. Easy access to the free internet in the lobby, which we took advantage of. Each night we had a nightcap or two at the bistro, and the servers there were professional, courteous and always upbeat, which helped us relax after some trying times. The only complaint I had was that the cell phone reception in the room was terrible - had to go down to the lobby or even outside to make a connection! Also, how about getting MLB network on the TV, we missed our baseball! But the room rate was very reasonable, and Cracker Barrel within a short walk was a big plus. Overall, we could not be more pleased with our visit to this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank joe c
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Except for the bistro worker who was having a bad day, this was a great stay. Centrally located and safe. Salt water pool and hot tub. Gas firepit. Best of all a Starbucks in the lobby. There is a Cracker Barrel in the same parking lot. Easy access to the interstate. Overall a perfect fit for our trip.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Bald_on_the_Beach
Charleston, SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

There is little to choose from for mid-priced hotels in the Stuart area, and it's really this or the Hampton Inn. Both advertise as being pet-friendly - a negative for us. We have used both properties several times in the past. I was dismayed to learn that the free coffee that used to be offered in the mornings has been replaced with the opportunity to purchase Starbucks coffee at their bistro. In fact, the lobby seems to suggest that this is a coffee shop with rooms, instead of a hotel. Not being a fan of Starbucks, or willing to put up with having it pushed on me, I suppose I will simply go next door to to Cracker Barrel, and give them my breakfast business, The location is great for a quick access to I-95, but further away from the downtown area. The positive comments of other reviewers are on the mark.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DandCCharleston_SC
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Courtyard Stuart, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
We all love to hear the wonderful things out guests have to stay about their experience and thank you for letting us know that the many positive comments that previous writers have stated were on the mark.

It is true that the Courtyard brand removed the morning coffee in the lobby a couple of years ago, however, I assure you that we will continue to provide our guests with the same quality of complimentary coffee in our guest rooms.

It is also true that we strive to provide a great service to guests that bring their furry and feathered friends along on their trip, and we hope that this was not an inconvenience to you. Thank you for staying with us and hope that you will come see us again on your next trip to Stuart.

Warms Regards,
Jacque Lewis
Hanson, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Recently stayed at this Marriott Courtyard, and found, as is the case at all other Marriott Courtyards in which I have stayed, that it had terrific accommodations, good food, and very good customer service. Definitely felt like the value was worth the reasonable rates paid.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ed F
North Bergen, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Room was nice and place was convenient and clean. Water pressure for shower was very low and frustrating. Pool was OK and the evening fire by that pool, comfortable and nice before turning in. Service was very helpful and friendly. Conveniently next door to a Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 777Steve777
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stuart
BEST WESTERN Downtown Stuart
Old Colorado Inn
Old Colorado Inn
#1 of 11 in Stuart
Hampton Inn & Suites Stuart-North
Holiday Inn Express Stuart
Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Stuart

Been to Courtyard Stuart? Share your experiences!