“Deep sea fishing”

Lady Stuart I Deep Sea Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted best fishing boat on the Treasure Coast since 2000, the Lady Stuart I is a spacious & comfortable 65-foot boat, located just minutes from the St. Lucie Inlet. With our great location, we offer THE MOST FISHING TIME OF ANY FISHING BOAT IN THE AREA. Trips are available daily year-round. 5-hour trips at $40 for adults; 7-hour trips at $50 for adults. Discounts for seniors & kids. Trips include FREE fishing gear, tackle, bait, and license.
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Local or on vacation and want to catch fish and have alot of fun I highly recommend the Lady Stuart or the fort pierce lady. Both boats are excellent. The captain and crew are the best you'll find anywhere. They are knowledgeable, friendly and will go out of their way to assure you catch fish and have a great time. Both boats are family friendly so feel free to bring the kids.

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were in the area on out honeymoon since we love fishing on lake Winnepesaukee we decided this would be a great way to make memories. We had a great time saw a lot of cool fish someone even got a Maui maui such a pretty fish! My husband said it's the best fishing trip he's been on in Florida.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Recently went with the AM fishing group of about 20 persons. Crew and captain were very helpful. Fishing was not very good for anyone on boat as very few fish caught that day. Took about an hour or a bit more to get out to fishing area and same time back.

Rosemary K, Owner at Lady Stuart I Deep Sea Fishing, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate the positive feedback. We always try to provide our customers with the best possible experience. Our success rate is pretty high. Unfortunately sometimes the fishing is not good no matter what we do. We do encourage you to try our boat again.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Pros: crew was very polite and helpful. Cons: transit time and time spent trying to locate fish resulted in less than 2.5 hrs of fishing time out of the four hrs paid for, equipment wasn't in the best condition and definitely not set up for anything more than smaller type fish such as black bass, over 30 individuals were fishing, which appeared to be too many on the boat given the frequency of tangled lines.

3  Thank Salvatore L

I’m sorry that you did not have a good experience on our boat. Unfortunately, with fishing, not every trip will be a success. Like all fishing boats, we do have trips when the fishing is poor. You may have joined us on one of those trips. All we can guarantee is 100% effort.

I do, however, want to address some of your issues. First of all, our ½ day trips are five hours, not four. If you went on a 4-hour trip you may have been on a different boat. It take us 45 minutes to an hour to get to our normal fishing grounds. That’s typical in our area. That is why our ½ trips are 5 hours instead of the 4 hour trips offered much further south. That usually leaves about 3 hours for fishing. However, when the fishing in our normal area has been poor, we may venture further out, further north, or further south. Then the trip can take longer.

Second, we keep our equipment in very good shape. We are constantly changing our rods and reels with newer ones. But they do get used frequently. Also, we set our customers up for the most common fish caught – the smaller species like sea bass, vermillion snapper, lane snapper, porgies, triggerfish. Those rigs do work with the larger fish as well. However, the rigs for larger fish do not work well with the smaller species. When customers ask to be rigged up for larger fish, we set them up. However, not everyone will catch the bigger fish.

Finally, our boat is licensed for over 80 people. Most companies with boats our size will fish with up to 55 anglers. We max out our boat at just over 40. 30 anglers is not a lot. The only way to avoid tangles is to send the boat with very few people. We would go out of business if we did that every trip.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Me and one of my friends went out on the Lady Stuart this past Sunday the 25th of August 2013 and it seems as if the trip was doomed from the onset. the Capt. was giving us reasons before we left the dock that it was going to be a hard day of fishing because of all the sharks. and undersized fish they were catching. If I am catching somthing I will allways be happy regaurdless of having somthing to take home or not. As well I think most of the folks on the trip would have felt the same way. The next thing that I do not understand is a 5 hour trip that once you deduct 1.45 travel time each way 2 hours and 50 minutes and the the fact that we moved 3 times and had to reanchor multiple times we ended the day with a total of 45 min of actual fishing time on the 5 hour Fishing trip, if I had wanted to go sight seeing I would have gone on a diner cruse and enjoyed a nice meal for just about the same price. They had two mates Brian and Matt, Brian was very friendly and was a shinning star on a otherwise disappointing trip. I hope for there sake that this was the exception and not the standard otherwise I just can't see people paying good money for nothing in return.

2  Thank william M

I am very sorry that you did not have a good time on your fishing trip with us. Unfortunately, with fishing, not every trip will be a success for everyone on board. All we can do is give the trip 100% effort. On that particular day, there were fish caught, but not by everyone.

I do want to address some of your issues. First of all, we would never begin any trip by announcing that the fishing is going to be bad. We always start every trip with a positive attitude, regardless of how bad the previous trip was. Every day is different. I can say that our success rate is pretty high. However, if a customer asks me how fishing has been, I will be honest. I won't lie. Fishing had been tough the previous few days because of sharks, jellyfish and a strong current.

We also may have mentioned to everyone on board that we was planning to head much further south because the fishing had been tough in our normal fishing grounds. That is also the reason it took us about 80-90 minutes each way. (It has never taken an hour and 45 minutes to get to any spots). I would say that you got about 2 hours of fishing time not 45 minutes.

Perhaps you would have been happier going to a closer spot, staying there and catching mostly sharks, but most people aren't. Most anglers want to have the best shot of catching keepable fish. And, most anglers appreciate that we move when the fish aren't biting. We try to do what's best for most anglers on the boat. But we can't please everyone.

Been to Lady Stuart I Deep Sea Fishing? Share your experiences!