“You get what you pay for”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Stuart
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Stuart
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We were looking for a cheap place to spend one night and we found it! This hotel had a great rate for 2, the location was ideal for our needs and even on a busy weekend they had available rooms. The front desk clerk was purely business. The first thing we experienced was a drug deal taking place as we pulled into our parking spot. Not a good sign! The bed was a double bed with the old bulky TV, have not seen those in ages. The room did have a microwave and a small refrigerator which was very convenient. The bathroom was clean and very large, the towels were nice, clean and fluffy. They have other nice touches like a massage head in the shower and dishes and utensils in the kitchenette area. They even remembered a full bottle of dish-washing liquid and a new sponge. What they forgot was to steam clean the carpet...I was shocked when I walked into the shower and noticed that the floor looked like someone had tracked in mud, all I had done was walked barefoot from the bed to the shower!

Room Tip: Get a queen bed room and ask for the rooms in the front of the hotel and 2nd floor or above
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lee9
HeidiFL968, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Stuart, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing our property! I am pleased that you found our amenities convenient, and that we were in a good location and that you found our prices reasonable. I would like to apologize about the carpet. We just purchased a new steam cleaner, and our maintenance staff will be spending more time on cleaning the carpets. Our hq has also told me that we will be putting in new carpeting in the near future. Your feedback really does help us improve our hotel!
If ever you notice anything suspicious in any hotel, in the future, please immediately report it to the front desk . We do not want illegal activities present at our hotel, and I am certain that any other manager would feel the same way. The only way we may eradicate the problem is with knowledge.
Thank you, again, for taking time out of your busy schedule to let us know how we are doing. We look forward to serving you in the future!
Heidi Zeltmann, G.M.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

My room was supposed to be smoke free but it reaked of smoke.... whick penetrated on all the items i had with me. My clean clothing smelled like smoke. I asked to be changed but wasnt because there were no rooms available. A few roaches. Room was pretty small.

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank Mbarrera13
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We stayed here on our way to Miami. The trip was long and tiring. Our needs were not great, except for a good rest. Surprisingly, our room was perfect for our needs. The clerk was great and while, the hotel was not top of the line, it was more than adequate.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor. No noise from above.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank bilewis
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I've come to like the Suburban Extended Stay chain (a Choice Hotels property). All I want is a clean, comfortable room and they've always delivered. The kitchenette is a bonus, lets you enjoy an early breakfast in your jammies, saves considerably on meals. I only stayed here for one night, so that may have affected the rate, which was twice what I've paid in the past in other cities. The desk clerk was cheerful, helpful and prompt, both coming and going, and I was hard-pressed to find something to complain about. They've got a convenient "master" switch at the door to make it easy to turn off everything in the room as you exit, saving power. A good idea, but turning it off resets the alarm clock and turns off any chargers you might have plugged in for your gadgets. Several ways to address this.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank PhoebeAnn
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Our stay at Suburban in Stuart Fl. was most enjoyable. All the staff were very pleasant and helpful and courteous. We enjoyed the fact that we could eat in and the utilities were all there at our disposal. The hotel was centrally located for our needs.

We will certainly stay there again in the future, Suburban will be our first choice.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less unit noise, although you have to traverse the stairs if you stay on the oppo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Leon M
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Check in was fast and my reservation was as planned. The room was small but was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was also clean. There were alo many TV channels. Considering the price was about half of other chains in the area, I feel this was a good value & will stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank MJGoldfarb
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We have our sailboat on the hard and this week we are getting her in the water, putting up the sails, solar panels and making sure everything is ship-shape before we head off for the Caribbean. We wanted a place that was inexpensive, clean,had a small kitchen and was close to services. This location fit our needs perfectly. Its not luxurious but its very nice and the staff are very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple