“Great property and beautiful views”

Pirate's Cove Resort and Marina
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Stuart
Florida
“Great property and beautiful views”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I really loved the spacious room and marina views here. When we first got there the check in lady wasn't too welcoming, but the one later was great. I had mentioned something silly, like not having vending machines for late night snacks to my fiancee and the manager overheard and asked if there was anything I needed, which showed how quick he was to help out. I wasn't even really being serious, but I know if I had been, he would have taken care of whatever problem there was.
We ate at the restaurant that had yummy food and views and the service was great. I bought some of the scrub that they had free samples of (which I thought was a unique touch).
We wake up later, so there wasn't much left of the complimentary breakfast.
Even though I'm a local and went here because a family member got this as a gift on Groupon, I would definitely go back for a fun getaway.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Cape Canaveral, Florida
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Wonderful place on the marina. The key west style room was spacious and clean with an awesome view of the marina.. The bars offered great drinks and friendly service. Had a great time at both the inside bar and the tiki bar. I would highly reccommend the food at the restaurant- really good! We enjoyed our weekend there so much we are planning to go back this summer. No complaints whatsoever_ great hotel

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
annapolis, md
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Good location for boaters
Enjoyed our stay
Nice atmosphere at tiki bars

• Stayed February 2012
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 February 2012

We stayed at Pirates Cove for 2 nights. The resort was wonderful. Beautiful room, nice bar, 3 great cats! Two of the front desk staff, Betty and TG, were wonderful! They were very accomadating and gave great customer service. The other front desk agent, Samantha was rude, curt and couldn't be bothered with helping us. Unfortunately, Samantha changed my perception of the resort and i will not be returning. Sad how one bad apple can ruin the whole bunch! I purchased this stay through groupon and i have made them aware of the situation. I also purchased an additional stay for my daughter which i have cancelled and groupon has credited my money.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank 656Annie1949
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I bought this hotel voucher through Groupon. I requested to have a room far from the bar as I heard it gets loud. But I was not offered since I have to believe because of my Groupon deal. The room was very clean and access to the balcony where I enjoyed every morning leaving the door open to get fresh air and over looking the marina. The hotel also provide decent free breakfast. When you have issues, they fixed right away. However I wish they could invest on the windows and doors especially those rooms close to the bar and pool. It is the reason I didn't give full rating. All the sound can hear right there while I wanted to have an earlier sleep, people kept going on yelling, screaming and laughing. It was so annoyed. Other than that, I enjoyed staying at this charming hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room far away from the bar/pool unless you are a night owl.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Mieko K
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 20 January 2012

The hotel itself isn't too bad. The rooms are clean and descent but lack a microwave and an alarm clock that works. The hotel staff, mainly the front desk clerk was extremely rude and unprofessional. For how expensive the rooms were I wasn't impressed. Will definitely never stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Ryan N
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We stayed in Pirate's Cove using a recent GroupOn deal for $65. We live in the area. The rooms are older rooms where everything appears 20-30 years old but are clean and reasonably maintained considering the age of everything. There are nice plantation shutters on the windows and there is a balcony. The view of the water is pretty nice. We arrived early in the afternoon and were given early check in which was nice. The place appeared to be dead at that time which was fine. We went to dinner at Thai Bistro nearby and then returned to the room and hoped to go to sleep at a decent hour. It turns out a loud band was playing and would not stop until midnight. In addtion, the room next door was apparantly having a party and the noise goes right thright the walls. We could hear every word of their conversations which were quite loud. The walls and adjoining doors are thin. We had to move to another room in the middle of the night to avoid the party noise. The band is another story. I sleep easily but it was impossible to sleep until after midnight when the band stopped. We slept ok after midnight. Pilows are then and beds are acceptable but not great.

I would suggest if you stay on a Saturday night plan to party at the bar or somewhere until midnight becuase you will be unable to sleep. If you stay up watching TV or a movie until midnight thats probably ok as well.

As I mention we paid $65 for the GroupOn deal. I would have felt a little ripped off for the rack rate which I think is $150. I think that would be kind of pricey for what you get. Breakfast is offered in the morning. It is cookies, bagels, etc. Nothing hot. Dogs stay for $20 and boat slips are $1.75/ft. One issue with bringing a dog is there may be limited opportunities to move if you have an issue with your room.

There was no hot tub on property. People were saying the pool was very warm but we did not try it. TVs are old TVs probably 10-15 yrs old. No flat screens.

We went to downtown Stuart which we enjoyed. My wife enjoyed the shopping. I walked along the Riverwalk with our dog. We went back to the Green Market sunday morning downtown which was nice.

Room Tip: Get as far away from band as possible to sleep. Make sure you don't have an adjoinging room if y...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DiverM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stuart
Old Colorado Inn
Vistana Beach Club
Vistana Beach Club
#1 of 1 in Hutchinson Island
Best Western Downtown Stuart

Been to Pirate's Cove Resort and Marina? Share your experiences!