“Glad I overlooked the reviews.”

Holiday Inn Express Stuart
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Stuart
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We stayed here last weekend (very last minute) for a high school sporting event and I have to say, I was really impressed with the customer service. Harry at the front desk was very accomodating and helped us get a room when there was initially nothing available. We called day after day until something opened up and he was incredibly helpful every time I called. The room was spotless, the bathrooms immaculate and the bed was incredibly comfortable and clean.

Within the same parking lot as the hotel, you'll find an italian restaurant, a Baskin Robbins/Dunkin Donuts and a Wendy's. It was nice to have it all within walking distance.

My only complaint about the rooms was the TV's colors and components. We were only able to watch a few channels without the contrast of hues, but the comfy beds helped us doze off quickly and the TV issue was irrelevant at that point.

The breakfast was a bit simple, but satisfactory nonetheless.

Thanks for a great stay, we'll be back next year

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 7,261,211

Reviewed 30 September 2011

I have never posted a review about a hotel in the past because I typically don't have the time and it was really never warranted, until now. I am a corporate traveler so I travel very often. New assistant booked me at the Holiday Inn Express Stuart for a recent trip only because she didn't know I always stay at the Marriott (which is directly across the street). Late check-in at 10:30 PM on a Tuesday night. Lobby a/c was off and it was hot. Room was on the 3rd. floor and the hallway a/c on that floor was off as well. As soon as I opened the door I was hit with the most horrible odor I haven't smelled since my college days. Bad Feet, Bad Shoes or bad socks.....I don't know but it was nasty, nasty, nasty. I didn't even walk in the room it was that bad.
I immediately went to the front desk and notified the attendant of the discusting odor and that I was not staying. I went directly across the street to the Marriott Courtyard and was truely home. Although the Marriott couldn't match the $80 per night at the HIE they did give me a rate that was $9.00 more. I mentioned to the front desk attendant at the Marriott how bad the smell was and she said I wasn't the only person that had come to the Marriott under the same circumstances.

I called the Holiday Inn the next day to make sure they didn't charge me and sure enough they did. I called Holiday Inn Corporate and they were able to get their Franchise owner to refund 2 of the 3 nights pre-paid but would only refund 1/2 of the 1st. night even though I didn't even walk in the room.

That $40.00 just cost HIE my business and they will soon find out that they lost my companies business as well (I am CEO with in-house travel department). I have instructed management to eliminate HIE from our travel pool moving forward. I'll bet I get a call from Holiday Inn Corporate asking me why we aren't using them anymore.

Owners are Patel. Enough said. Don't make the same nistake as me.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Joey B
Reviewed 24 September 2011

When reading reviews before booking they were all pretty positive, with the exception of one that stated that a guest had extended their initial trip another night and the owner knocked on the door asking if they were leaving or extending. It disturbed me to read this, but there were other good reviews so I booked. I wouldn't say a terrible mistake because the hotel is nice, however when I asked and was given late check out the day before my departure and the owner knocks on the door asking if I am leaving or extending that was it for me. I have stayed at many hotels and never had such a tacky and obviously cheap owner stoop so low. When I was loading the car, he asked if we were okay and I said yes because I didn't want my bill to be altered now that I was leaving, but was thinking 'sure things are fine, but I won't ever be back!!' Not to mention that the hotel was empty during my entire trip of five nights so what did it really matter if I checked out late there were plenty of other rooms. Stay at your own risk ~ if you don't mind this behavior and having his entire family (all ages) around all the time 'doing stuff' and watching you. Just a weird feeling to have strangers watching you all the time you moved around the hotel!! Next time I will be staying at the Courtyard Marriott across the street :)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2011

This is one the nicest hotel I have stayed in. The staff is friendly and the room are very nice. The breakfast in the morning was very good. Also when I went to check out this morning, the guy there helped me print a boarding pass from my laptop. The only complaint I have is that the closets are very small. I had a hard time even getting the luggage rack and ironing board out. But over all it was a good experience.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank heatherjames08
Reviewed 28 March 2011

We booked 2 rooms at this hotel (1 for 3 nights and 1 for 2 nights). I am still disgusted with how this turned out. Day one was ok. Morning of day 2 (before manager knew a 2nd night was booked) he knocked on our door, and as my brother walked to the door, it was already opened. His reason was to let us know check-out was 11am, it was 9am!!! He knew we were not happy and after that incident, he was overly friendly. The 3rd night, we realized one of our ipods was missing. It never left the room during our stay, so it was stolen! ($200 loss). We went down to the front desk and asked if it was found. Front desk told us if it was found, it would be in managers office to come back in the morning. Went back the next morning and it was not there. Couldve been cleaning crew? Who knows. 2 days spent by the pool, we had to use bath towels. Last day we were offered pool towels. Our last night, we had a clogged toilet, called front desk and they told us to come down for a plunger. I asked if they could plunge it because I did not want to be responsible..I was told either come down for plunger or wait til the next day!!!! Overall it was a terrible experience. Ive stayed at MANY HIE's throughout the years and never experienced such terrible service.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank joalenjd
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Our room here did need a few updates - like new paint and good deep cleaning. But the room was comfortable. There were only 20 or so t.v. channels. We were supposed to have wifi but we were on the 3rd floor and were told there was no wifi on the 3rd floor. One time we had to go to the main sitting area to access the wifi and the owner's/manager's little daughter was sleeping on the couch and he told us to "shhhh" Really? It appeared the owner/manager used the hotel as a daycare for his daughter as she would watch t.v. in the sitting room and also ride her bike around the hallways. This was slightly disruptive. Also, the free breakfast was lacking. All in all, not a bad experience but we would probably stay in another place next time.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fencelover
Reviewed 16 January 2011

After reading some of the other reviews I was a bit hesitant to stay here but I was pleasantly surprised. Clearly a 2-3 star hotel in amenities but a 3-4 star hotel in quality, closer to a 4. Check in was efficient, front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I had a room with 2 queen beds and a pool view. Hotel is new, clean and convenient. I work in the hospitality industry and this hotel is of the "express class". What's most important is a clean, quiet, safe and friendly place to sleep. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family