“Nice stay”

Holiday Inn Express Stuart
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Stuart
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We only stayed for one night.The front desk clerk was very friendly and accomodating.The room was very clean and comfy,the bed with different pillows (soft/firm)was awesome!I slept like a log. Breakfast was okay...You need about 10 Mins Car Ride to Downtown Stuart and 15 Mins to the beautiful beach of Hobe Sound.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Rootbeer-girl
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Stuart

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I agree with the other reviewers.... The hotel is clean and affordable enough (not so clean or affordable that you would be excited about it) but the service was horrible. The Internet, which is very important for business travelers was horrible.

When I travel, I bring a roku box with me (it is like apple tv, a way for me to watch Netflix and hulu on the TV instead of my computer) when using a roku, you need to get onto the hotels wifi, but to do so, you need to call the Internet provider because you can't do it yourself and neither can anyone at the hotel. It may not sound it, but this is very common. I travel for a living and do this at every hotel I visit without an incident.... not at this hotel though. I called down to the front desk and asked for the phone number to the Internet company and the front desk person asked me why I needed it. I said that I wanted to hook up my Roku to the Internet. He said that he did not know what that meant. I explained that it didn't matter because it was the Internet provider who could help me, not him. Apparently this upset him and he refused to give me the number. He went as far as to tell me that he doesn't have a number for them. I asked what he would do if the internet went down and his answer Was "Nothing" Sadly, I believe that to be true.

Finally, I went out for a bike ride and while I was out, they came in to clean the room. They also took it upon themselves to readjust my thermostat from 72 degrees up to 78, so when I came back from a long and hot bike ride, I was greeted by an uncomfortably warm and humid room. I am paying 140 a night.... LEAVE THE AIR CONDITIONER ALONE. penny wise and pound foolish. Go across the street to the Courtyard. Comparable prices and much better service. I will be going back there from now on.

I have to wonder how Holiday Inn let this place get so bad. They are damaging the reputation of the whole chain.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Greg D
hixstuart, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stuart, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff . This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. This feedback we received from you will help us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We understand that your stay was not satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We were driving back home to Orlando after a road trip and just had to find someplace to sleep for the night. We got lost after pulling off the highway and came upon this motel. It was late and we paid too much for the room but were too tired to drive on.
It was clean, staff ok but certainly not overly friendly.
We overslept and didn't make it to breakfast so it ended up being an expensive stop - wouldn't seek it out again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelinggrandma001
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We have stayed here before and the hotel continues to meet our expectations of the brand. The hotel is clean, comfortable and convenient. The hot breakfast is acceptable for this type of hotel, everything was hot/cold and fresh. Rooms were clean and comfortable, front desk staff was efficient and friendly. Bathroom was clean, beds were comfortable. What more can you ask for from this type of hotel. We had no complaints and will return when we are back in town. Good value for the money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Orlando_Fam
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We will stay here again. We were here for 3 nights while I was a art vender at the Jensen Beach Fine Art Craft Show. My mother (81) stayed at the hotel while I was working... and they were so helpful, accommodating and nice to her. When she had trouble with the microwave they immediately came to her rescue (and plugged it in). The room was spacious, VERY CLEAN and the beds were comfortable. The front desk check in was effortless and very friends. The gentleman at the desk the next two evenings was so very nice to my mom. Breakfast was good. I have no complaints and will stay here again next year. I was surprise I didn't receive the bottle of water welcome package for being a 'member' but really never even thought to ask until we had checked out -- not a deal breaker. I do appreciate the excellent service and clean rooms! Excellent value!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelHappySews
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Bad Holiday Inn Express Hotel.

Front desk very unfriendly.

Poor service all around.

Rooms have terrible design.

Only department that worked properly was Room Service.

Our first and last stay at this location !!

Room Tip: Override this hotel !!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Jaar3
hixstuart, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stuart, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff back in February 2013. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. This feedback we received from you will enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We understand that your stay was not satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot for job. Was very hesitant staying due to previous bad reviews. I am a Platinum traveler for IHG and stay at many of there businesses. This was a week long stay. The check in was fast and my paperwork was waiting for me. Desk staff was very friendly and nice. The room was wonderful. Very clean room, bed very comfortable, and no noisy refrigerator. For being right next to I95 it was very quite. You can walk to the close restaurants for lunch and dinner. Breakfast was good and plenty available. The ventilation in the hallways are the only thing that needs to be watched as it can get hot and stale. Had a good trip!!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business