“Excellent stay”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Stuart
Forked River, New Jersey
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

This was probably the best hotel we've stayed at in years and cannot wait to go back!!! Must have been recently redone because everything so super clean. Staff was extreamly friendly and helpful! Pool was awesome! Excellent Location close to beach and downtown.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Rose T, General Manager at Quality Inn Stuart, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Titusville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

I read other reviews before booking this hotel stay so I was a bit cautious going in. The price was extremely reasonable for the King Bed Room I stayed in. The desk clerk was very friendly and acknowledged my Choice Priviledges Status, this only occurs on rare occassions. My work has me travel frequently so I have the opportunity to stay at many hotels. The room was large, with a desk and an office chair. There was an additional club chair in the corner. There was also a microwave and a refrigerator. The king size bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. The free wireless internet was outstanding, this was a plus for me since I have to submitt reports via the web and upload massive photos.I have never stayed in a hotel that the internet connection was capable of handling the volume of photos I upload. The breakfast was average for the Choice Hotel Chain. The "hot" breakfast consisted of sausage gravy & biscuits, the remaining buffet was continental style : cereal, fruit, yogurt and danish. All in all I was pleased with my stay and would stay here again when in the Stuart area. One very big plus for me was this is a no smoking establishment. All rooms are interior access and all are no smoking rooms. There is an outdoor pool which looked very nice, although I did not use the pool.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Joseph S
Rose T, General Manager at Quality Inn Stuart, responded to this review, 1 September 2012
The staff and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the kind words. We hope to see you soon.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

They are horrible for customer service. I will never stay here again! I think they are racist! It was 9:30 and other people were still eating breakfast and the lady told me kitchen is closed with a snotty attitude...breakfast looked horrible anyway! I will take my money elsewhere if I'm going to be treated like this! Hallways smell like BO!

• Stayed August 2012
Rose T, General Manager at Quality Inn Stuart, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
I'm sorry to hear about your experience with us. The issues with the staff will be address. Thank you for taking the time to let me know so that these issues can be corrected.

Travellers are raving about these Stuart hotels

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

I) THE BEST HOTEL LOYALTY PROGRAM OF ALL

CHOICE HOTELS is, by far, the very best hotel loyalty program of all those that I belong to.

In the first place, only ten nights in a year will give you the Gold status and with twenty nights you reach the Platinum status, which will give you some important privileges such as complimentary late check out until two or three p.m., as I had last Monday at the Quality Suites rue de Tolbiac in Paris, even though I had paid with 24,000 points for three nights.

Secondly, their Award night starts at a low 8,000 points, which I have never seen in my Holiday Inn nor Best Western programs, where the lowest Award starts at 15,000 or even more points. It is true that some Choice hotels abuse and require 24,000 points for only one night, such as the one in Annecy, France!

Only my SPG (Starwood Preferred Guest) program offers an Award night for 3,000 points at the Sheraton Four Points in Montevideo or in Los Angeles (LAX) for Friday and Saturday, and 4,000 points the other days, which is an outstanding bargain! On my last two trips to Montevideo, I only paid 10,000 points for three weekend nights, as I already paid for another three nights during the weekend for next month. However, for the rest, their program is not as generous as Choice's

In the third place, Choice runs from time to time a promotion where you can earn 8,000 bonus points by just staying two different nights in two different hotels of the group. Usually, you need two consecutive nights per stay if you go to a low end hotel like Econo Lodge or Roadway Inn but if you go to a Clarion, Quality, Sleep or Comfort Inn, one night per stay is enough.

Therefore, if you stay four different nights at any four of those high end hotels, you will earn 16,000 points, which is enough for two Award nights at the Quality Suites in Paris (for which I wrote a review here in Trip Advisor), where the night is sold between $150 and $180 US without breakfast, depending on the day you arrive and the exchange rate between Euro and US $, which goes up and down daily like a mad yo-yo!

So when they ran this promotion in April 2012, I went to the Fort Pierce region just for the weekend and spent the first night at this Quality Stuart and the second night at the Quality Fort Pierce, where I usually go when I drive from Miami to Tampa via A1A until Fort Pierce, then take highway 70 to cross Florida and join US 41 (the Tamiami Trail, linking Tampa to Miami) at Oneco, which is my other route when I go to Tampa via the Everglades. Some times, I continue the next day to Vero Beach, which is north of Fort Pierce, and take US 60 straight to Tampa.

US 60 from Vero Beach is a far better choice if you want to go straight to Tampa, but then you will miss the scenic Skybridge (I think that's how they call it) between Bradenton and Saint Petersburg, which offers breathtaking views of the Tampa Bay. I always take this Skybridge when I go via US 70 from Fort Pierce to Oneco, or when I take the Tamiami Trail all the way from Miami with a detour by Saint Petersburg for the scenery.

II) GOOD HOTEL, EXCELLENT RATE, GOOD LOCATION

This Quality Stuart seems to be a recent Choice member because the day I arrived (Friday April 13, 2012, two weeks before my trips to Lima and Montevideo), they were hanging the sign outside. It is just north of Clarion Stuart (on the left hand side of US 1 going North) and south of Treasure Coast Mall.

I got room 217 on the top floor with view over US 1 but I wasn't bothered by the noise. It's a big king room with the usual amenities of all Qualities except that I had a US coffee maker and a refrigerator BUT NO microwave. When I arrived, it was one or the other and I preferred the frig.

Total price for it was $62.65 including tax and the usual buffet breakfast, a price that you will never find anywhere in Europe or South America for an equivalent room, except in your wildest dreams...

I invite you to read some of my more than fifty reviews so far about hotels in France, Vienna (the real one, in Austria, where I was last month, so my reviews are very recent), London, Madrid, Lima, Sao Paulo or Montevideo to have an idea of how much you must pay to sleep in a decent closet, especially in London!!! As I wrote in one of those reviews: if you want to get the most bang for your bucks, don't leave the US!

You may find these reviews altogether at the following link:
www.tripadvisor.com/members-reviews/Efrin_Knight

There are several places to eat around this hotel such as a Burger King & Flanigan's at door or McDonald's next to Flanigan's (CAUTION: they close early!). SONNY'S (one of the very best values for money in the US) is only one mile south, and you will see a CVS, Walgreens & STARBUCKS with a convenient Drive In for smokers only 2 miles south on the same US 1.

Since Choice Hotels is currently running the same promotion until August, I expect to go again to those places next month, between my return from Frankfurt and my trip to Montevideo in July. If you go from Miami to Saint Augustine, as I often do when I have a long weekend, you may have four or six nights, which will give you 8,000 bonus points for every two stays of one night each in two different hotels. You may even stay at three or four different hotels in the same city (for example, Saint Augustine or Fort Pierce) and every two stays will give you 8,000 points as long as it is a Clarion, Quality, Sleep or Comfort Inn.

Also, you may return to the same hotel and qualify for another stay as long as there is at least one blank night between to stays. In other words, if you stay one night at the Quality Stuart, a second night at the Quality Fort Pierce, a third night at the Sleep In one block from the Quality Ft. Pierce, a fourth night at the Comfort Suites Ft. Pierce, a fifth night at the Quality Ft. Pierce and a sixth night at the Quality Stuart, you will get 24,000 points, enough for three award nights at the Quality Suites in Paris rue de Tolbiac. That's over a $500 value!

All in all, this Quality Stuart is an excellent deal at $62.65 including tax and buffet breakfast on your way between Miami and the North of Florida or just for a points earning weekend, as I did last April.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Efrin_Knight
Rose T, General Manager at Quality Inn Stuart, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Thank you for the great review and loyality. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Stuart, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

Reasonable rates - good-sized rooms. Convenient location to everything that matters to anyone traveling to or through Stuart: restaurants, supermarket, convenience stores, laundry services, etc. Extremely helpful, accommodating and friendly staff/management.

They made our relocation transition a no-stress experience. THANK YOU Quality Inn Stuart!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Rose T, General Manager at Quality Inn Stuart, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Thank you for the lovely review. I'm glad we were able to help make your relocation a success.
Newtown, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

We moved from the very 'smoky' Clarion Inn in Stuart to the 'non smoking' Quality Inn in Stuart. What a difference! You could 'breathe', the rooms were clean and renovated and the staff was terrific. New management took over a few months ago; a husband and wife team who were wonderful. I lost a diamond ear stud and informed them on checkout. They informed the housekeepers who actually FOUND it when cleaning the room. The manager called me on my cell and we did a turn around to retrieve it. And, when she realized I could't wear the earring because I had lost the 'back' to it; she gave me one of her own! Our hats off to the management and the staff!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kathleen R
Rose T, Manager at Quality Inn Stuart, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Thank you so much for the kind words. Look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Redondo Beach, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

The best thing about this hotel was Jennifer at check in. She was so nice, I felt obligated to keep my reservation. I would have normally complained and checkout out immediately for these conditions. The hallways smelled like death with out deodorant!!! The room smelled like mold, I almost slept in the car. The Flannigans next door was ok for a bite to eat. Btw, the sliding doors no longer open. The only reason I booked this motel is because I thought I'd get fresh air daily...I get moldy rooms can be a problem in FL. Maybe they should open both hallway doors daily for certain hours so you don't smell funk???

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank exotik
Rose T, General Manager at Quality Inn Stuart, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to our attention. I will look into these matters and get them corrected. The sliding glass doors have been sealed for your safety. I hope that if you are in the area again, that you will give us another try.