“Would be a great location for a motel !”
Review of Quality Inn Stuart

Quality Inn Stuart
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Stuart
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Where do I begin. We arrived for an eight night stay about an hour early. We were told by the clerk that we couldn't check in until "exactly" 3:00pm. She said her computer wouldn't let her. No problem, we went next door for a drink. We came back at 2:50pm to sit in the lobby and wait. She was just already checking in another couple when we walked in. WHAT??? That certainly didn't please us much. Another woman at the counter immediately started to check us in. Her name was Sandra and she was perfect. She even acknowledged my Gold status. After check in, I handed her an employee recognition card that is worth Choice points to them. She thanked me. It was precious to see the disgusting look I received from the other clerk that had snubbed me. (She never spoke to, or assisted us the rest of our stay. Even walking away from the counter when we checked out ??) The room itself was just OK. The place was more suited as an Econo Lodge than a Quality. Everything was bare bones, You couldn't even get a new towel without trading a towel in. The pool was not heated and it was ice cold. The area had a transient feel to it, and it was obvious to me that they had monthly occupants in certain sections of the building. I overheard a conversation between two people at the pool that confirmed they lived at the motel. The "regulars" were very territorial and hogged the breakfast tables in the morning purposely not leaving after eating. One even called me a "jerk" for asking him if he was finished. This motel is billed as a NON SMOKING motel which was a large factor in our choosing it. However certain areas of the hallways reeked of cigarette smoke. Every entry door had a smelly cigarette ash urn, and most of the time there were people standing at them smoking. People smoked in the pool area as well. After the fourth night we could no longer take it. We checked out and went to a much nicer motel. The ONLY saving grace to this stay was the fantastic FLANIGANS RESTAURANT/ BAR that is attached ! With different management this motel could be saved, but I'm afraid it's headed in the wrong direction at this point.

Room Tip: I suggest the Clarion down the street!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dm8711
Rose T, General Manager at Quality Inn Stuart, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Thank you for expressing your opion. I will address the items that are correctable. I'm sorry about the pool, but we don't advertise anywhere that we have a heated pool.

Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

Checked in for 1 evening! Reserved the lastroom available and the stay was great! Check in was smooth, the girl who checked us in was amazing and helpful! A little dated but very clean! Look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: March 2013
Rose T, General Manager at Quality Inn Stuart, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

why would any hotel not have a heated swimming pool in this day and age? I don 't know if they close the pool even in winter but it is open in February with the pool water temperature in the 60's. the hotal itself is clean but older. you also can't check in before 4:00pm. the desk staff is a little surly at times.

• Stayed: February 2013
Rose T, General Manager at Quality Inn Stuart, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Thank you for expressing your views. The check in time at the hotel is at 3pm.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

This hotel offers a no frills everything you need stay for the traveler needing to stop for a rest.
The biggest drawback is noise. If you enjoy a peaceful quiet room, this is not the place. You can hear doors slamming and people talking/yelling from quite a distance through the door of your room. I realize that people who slam doors & talk loud in the hallways are not really the hotel's fault - it is just something I've seen a lot in the USA... some societies have less respect for others.
From the bolted shut patio doors, you can clearly hear the road traffic if you happen to be on the road side of the hotel. But the very worse noise you will hear is the horrific buzzer from the card key locks of the entrance doors. If they were a bit louder they could be used as the town's hurricane alert. My questions are: What purpose do the buzzers fulfill? Who needs to hear this? If you have a room anywhere close to these entrance doors, don't expect a relaxing stay.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Rose T, General Manager at Quality Inn Stuart, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

I'm sorry that you didn't have a pleasant stay with us. Your issues will be passed on to ownership.

Reviewed 13 February 2013

the only reason we stopped was because someone recommended the Flannigan's restaurant which is right beside the hotel. The morning staff were heartless humanoids, with nasty attitudes. Was told not to put my state map on the glass table in the lobby because I might break it! Was told to take coffee back to "dining area" even though all the tables were full. Breakfast was nasty as the staff. Give someone an ounce of authority and see what happens? brutal.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Rose T, General Manager at Quality Inn Stuart, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

So sorry to hear about your experience. Those issues will certainly be addressed. Hope if you are in the area again, you'll give us another try.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

We were in town for 2 birthdays; a newborn and a 70 year old and this place put right in the middle of the family action.

The upstairs room was clean and bright, the beds comfy and the pillow abundant. The only hiccup was the controls on the AC unit worked backwards and the sliding doors were screwed closed.

On the upside, the breakfast was good and there is a very good restaurant attached to the motel. My only mistake was that I didn't,t ask about available discounts until I checked out and none were offered. Could have saved a few bucks, but my bad.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Rose T, General Manager at Quality Inn Stuart, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

Glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2013

This property has everything to be a great choice, it just needs a few refinements. First, the check-in was very efficient and friendly. We recieved the exact room that we requested, and at a great price. The room was very large and clean with a flat screen tv, fridge and microwave, large bathroom. The a/c worked wonderfully and there was no smell to the room. The breakfast was good though the room could be a bit larger. The location is on busy US 1 but only a few minutes to the pedestrian friendly downtown area.
But, the sliding door/window in the room was bolted shut. The front desk said this was due to guests hanging out and throwing beer cans, etc. before the current owners took over this year. Seem to me that this would be a fire hazzard. The pool was very nice, large and very clean, but it could have been heated. The sound proofing to the room could be a bit better as we could hear the planes landing nearby.
We would return but the bolted windows are a deal breaker.

Room Tip: Away from the road.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cordyroy

Thank you for sharing with me on some items of your concern. Will address them to our corp. office. Hope you will change your mind if your in the area and come see us again.