“Great service for the price!”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Stuart
Dania Beach, Florida
“Great service for the price!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel . For about $65 a night you can get a nice room. Clean , microwave oven and Fridge.
Breakfast is outstanding with eggs, bacon, sauge, waffles, fruits and drinks
The only problem that I found is that you can smell smoke in their NON Smoking Rooms.
Great Customer Service

• Stayed July 2014
Assistant M, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear guest, Thank you for staying with us and reviewing our hotel. We are
delighted that you found the service and the accommodations well worth
the price paid. Our hot breakfast buffet is a great value as we have over 21
items to choose from. Please tell your friends and family when traveling to
Stuart. Best regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Czech first
Rumson, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I did not expect much from this hotel when I walked in I was very surprise. The lobby clean and open. Tiki bar by the pool very relaxing. Clean rooms. Helpful staff. For the location it is right in the middle of Stuart. Very nice breakfast FREE.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Assistant M, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear guest, We all love surprises!!! We are glad you found us to be everything
and more than you expected from our breakfast, clean rooms, right down to
our helpful staff. Thank you for staying with us and we do hope you will come
again. Best regards.
GREAT FALLS
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed one night at this Clarion and would most definitely stay again. This motel was terrific for the price. Very clean and updated. Beds were very comfortable. Falt screen TV. Nice pool area. Bar & restaurant on-site. The free hot breakfast buffet was better than any other motels "continental" breakfast. They had eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, juices, waffles, etc. This is a terrific motel.

As other reviewers have said, the only improvement needed is to put a power strip in each room so there are outlets to charge all of the devices we have in this day and age..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Assistant M, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback on all our
amenities and great breakfast. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and
would stay again. We have noted your suggestion of the power strip and
the benefits of more outlets in the rooms. Please do come again. Best regards,
the Clarion Staff and Team.
Oxford, Mississippi
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This property is a bit run down but it's still clean. I spent the last night of a long road trip here and it provided everything I needed. I did have an issue with noise s's the walls are quite thin. I recommend a room as far from the pool as possible.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Assistant M, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear guest, Thank you for staying with us and we are glad to have
provided everything you needed. Customer service is very important
to us and even more important as an established hotel. Safe travels
and we do hope to see you again when in our Stuart area.
Grassy Creek, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The rooms were very clean, the beds were great..very good breakfast, we will always remember the Waffle man!!!! I would have given a 5 star but we could hear everything that was going on from the room next door but only on the one side...the kids and the mom we thought were never going to be quite....it was a lot better once they checked out....but other than that the clarion was great!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pamela H
Assistant M, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for reviewing our property and we are happy
that you mostly had a great experience and found our rooms clean
and the beds comfy. Our apology for the noisy neighbors!!! Best
regards and please do come again when staying in Stuart.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I) PREAMBLE:

This Clarion is a couple of blocks from the Choice Quality for which I published a long comment in Trip Advisor on June 12, 2012.

As I explained in that review, I often go to Choice Hotels in Stuart and Fort Pierce only for the promotion of 8,000 bonus points that they offer a couple of times every year: with only two stays in a high end hotel like the Clarion, Quality, Comfort or Sleep Inn, you get enough points for a free night in many hotels in Europe. With cheaper hotels like Rodeway Inn or Econo Lodge, the promotion still works, but you must sleep two nights in a row in order to make one stay, while in the more expensive ones, only one night is enough. Therefore, I slept Friday, October 11 at the Clarion Stuart and Saturday 12, 2013 at the Sleep Inn Fort Pierce for this fall deal.

During the spring 2013 promotion, I cumulated enough points to have four free nights in France, which I used in June as follows: one at the Quality Suites in Paris, where the rooms sell for about $200 a night without breakfast, another night at the Quality Dijon, which sells for the same price, and two outstanding nights at the Clarion Troyes, a charming medieval city between Paris and Dijon. I already posted a review for each of those three Choice hotels in France. The Clarion in Troyes, where the “suite” that I got June 15, 2013, thanks to a complimentary upgrade, sells for $300 US per night, was an outstanding value at only 8,000 points.

By comparison, I also have points at the Holiday Inn and at the Best Western (where I have the “Gold” status), but the cheapest Award night with their program needs two and three times more points than with Choice Hotels!

II) CLARION STUART: EXCELLENT ROOMS BUT NOISY BY THE POOL

This is a motel type construction, with outside corridors. KING ROOM 261, which I got on Friday, October 11, 2013 for only $52.50 + tax (= $57.75) with a 30% discount for a 3 days advance purchase (NO changes and NO refund at this rate) and with a breakfast buffet included, was fully equipped. It had an individual AC with digitally controlled temperature, a BIG FRIG, a small MICROWAVE, a COFFEE POT, IRON & IRONING BOARD, 2 CLUB CHAIRS + 1 LARGE SOFA sitting three persons.

You will find such a completely equipped room in Europe or South America only in your dreams!

The most you may expect in the “Old Continent” or in South America is a tiny “mini bar”, which is in fact a money making machine for the hotel, full of expensive bottles for sale with no space left for you to put a glass of water to cool! In here, you have a BIG FRIG completely empty with plenty of space, with an ice compartment (which you won’t find in European “mini bars”) that you can fill with your own stuff.

To have an idea, you may want to read my reviews of the IBIS and the CLARION, both in FRANKFURT (Germany), which I commented in August 2013, and you will see the kind of equipment that you may expect for almost twice the price of this Clarion Stuart, but without breakfast! At the Clarion Frankfurt, there was NO microwave, NO sofa, not even a club chair, and only one (yes, ONLY ONE!) padded chair by the mini, mini desk!

You will find several reviews that I published right here about these two EXCELLENT CHAINS OF HOTELS, mainly in Florida but also in France, London and Frankfurt for “CHOICE”; and in Europe + South America for “IBIS”. Unfortunately, there are currently no “Choice Hotels” in Buenos Aires, Lima, Santa Cruz de la Sierra (Bolivia) or Montevideo.

The BATHROOM at this CLARION STUART is not too big, but it has a bathtub with a wall shower (not as convenient as European mobile showers with a long hose) with several positions for the jet strength. Naturally, there are lots of towels, unlike the only two that you get at all Ibis hotels: never one, never three, always two…

There is a RESTAURANT in premises that serves lunch and dinner, but I didn’t try it.

Besides the Tiki bar by the pool, there is also an inside bar, for those who enjoy living in the shadows, and a game room for young (and less young…) travelers.

Finally, there are several tables and chairs under the trees in a typically Floridian set, surrounding the Tiki bar.

Naturally, there are a couple of computers with free access to the Internet, unlike some palaces overseas where you have to pay extra for this service!

BREAKFAST is served from 6:30 am and, as usually in high end Choice Hotels, it was a small buffet with juices, cereals, a hot section, fruits etc. The only difference is that the waffle machine, usually in self service, is in the kitchen, where your waffles are done by a friendly guy who sings and keeps asking if you need anything.

THE STAFF IS EXTREMELY FRIENDLY and, if the front desk hostesses didn’t sing like the cook, they were very nice and helpful and also very grateful for your visit, which is not always the case in other hotels.

The PROBLEM is that this is a motel type Clarion as I said, and corner room 261 (on the top floor) faces the pool and the Tiki bar. This would be OK with a good sound insulation, but that’s not the case. You will therefore hear some Troglodytes screaming at midnight like Tarzan calling Cheeta in the middle of the jungle! But that’s not the hotel’s fault: lack of education and consideration towards others is at fault.

On the other hand, there is A TRAIN TRACK NEARBY and, for some reason, train conductors love to blow their horn at 3 am as if it were twelve noon! But a good dream transistor with soothing sounds, in conjunction with the AC fan, will help cover the noise. All hotels along US 1 in Florida have the same train problem, of course.

Nevertheless, given the low price that I paid (you will never get such a well equipped room in Europe or in South America, even if you pay $500.00 instead of $57.75…), this is a small inconvenient to which I am used, because I almost always hear my neighbors’ “pillow talk” in all budget hotels where I have been in those two continents, for two or three times this price without breakfast!

III) GOOD LOCATION

Finally, this Clarion is right on US 1, close from downtown Stuart, less than half a mile from MANY STORES AND RESTAURANTS like Sonny’s or Flannigan, and only a couple of blocks from a McDonald’s and a Burger King, which are next to the above-mentioned Quality Inn. And if you need an espresso shot, you will find a Starbucks about half a mile, on the right hand side going south, and there is another one at about the same distance, on the right hand side going north.

And for those who like Indian food, there is a new restaurant only three blocks from this Clarion, called “India Palace”, at 890 S. Federal Highway (US 1). I tried it for lunch on my way back to Miami Beach, on Sunday October 13, 2013 and I had a full Indian lunch for only $8.95 + drinks, tax and tip; in total $15, which is very reasonable for a real meal.

If you drive the French way, via I-95 nonstop, you can do the trip in a couple of hours from Miami, since there are only about 110 miles.

But if you like to enjoy your trip as I do, and go via A1A to Jensen Beach, it will take you about five hours driving at an average of 30 mph, without counting the coffee breaks…

IN SHORT, this is an OUTSTANDING VALUE FOR MONEY in spite of the noise.

Room Tip: WARNING: several rooms have the window FACING A WALL after the corridor!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Efrin_Knight
Assistant M, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the kind review of our property and the value you found
in the hotel's amenities and accommodations for the price you paid.
We appreciate your business very much and do hope you will visit again
soon while in our area. Best regards.
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is dated but rooms are clean, safe and spacious. Bathroom is small but it has a separate vanity/sink area. Lounge, on premises, is noisy but I wasn't bothered. It would be a bother to a light sleeper. I got this at a 40% discount, so to me it was a great value!

Room Tip: If quieter room is preferred, consider upstaires, outside facing room. Pool is in center courtyard.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Assistant M, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us recently and we appreciate
the feedback. We are pleased that you found your
accommodations and amenities a good value. Please
do come back when in the area to stay with us. Best regards.