Sugarloaf Key / Key West KOA
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Sugarloaf
See available hotels
Venture Out Resort(Cudjoe Key)
Good 3.5/5
Sugarloaf Lodge(Sugarloaf Key)
Very Good 4/5
Melody Key(Summerland Key)
Excellent 5/5
Good 3.5/5
Parmer's Resort(Little Torch Key)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
The Perry Hotel Key West(Key West)
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
All reviewstent areatent campingbath housebait shopboat rentalswater trampolinewashers and dryersrv sitesno see umsdog parkspring breakbeach areahot tubmile markerlower keysweek staysmall beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Have been here many times over many years, and always have had a good experience.. They used to have the little log cabins back in the day, but due to storms they were eliminated back in the late 80's, and since we have graduated to a 17ft motor home, it is just fine.. :-))
It is clean, well maintained and friendly..

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kayla M
Reviewed 11 July 2013

So I read the reviews and went, would never go back!!!! Staff was very pleasant, but that was it. They were not very busy and parked us so far away from everything else we felt secluded.Had we been closer we may have gone to the tiki bar for a beverage or 2.The mosquitos could carry you away and thanks for puting us right in front of the dumpster,like I said they had "no " other spots that would accomadate us.We made the most of it w/ low water prsseure and no working cable. I would not reccomend this place and we have stayed in many KOA's.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ajsmom26
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Let me start by saying that if you are used to camping in state/federal parks with large, private, spacious sites, this is a very different experience (this was the first privately owned campground that we stayed in). The campsites are close together and don't have any privacy like we were used to in the state parks. That being said, if you are ok with that, you can have a blast here. Also, there is a pool, bar with live entertainment, a small marina, and you are in the KEYS! :-)

We have stayed here several times, at two different times of year. We spend Thanksgiving here each year - this will be our third trip for Thanksgiving this upcoming November. Our most recent stay was over Spring Break from March 23 - 30, 2013. There are big differences during the two different times of year. Spring break was super crowded, and the bath house was incredibly crowded with a wait almost every time I was in there to shower. By the time the cleaning crew came in to service the bath house, it REALLY needed it with all the use it got. I chose to use the smaller bath house located near the office/pool area as it seemed not many knew about it, so it was a more pleasant experience. Also, during the Spring break week, there was a group of tenters that played loud latin music late into the night. I am talking BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM! It was very annoying, but I think management may have spoken to them because it wasn't as late the next night. This group was there for the weekend only - and due to the music - we were glad they left! While there were some things that weren't perfect, we still enjoyed ourselves during our stay.

Our previous stays over Thanksgiving were a completely different experience. LOVED it during this time. Not crowded at all, perfect weather the past two years, nice pool and hot tub experience. The on premise bar has live entertainment on the weekends.

I must speak about the staff here - they are SUPER FRIENDLY and very pleasant to deal with. All my interactions with anyone in a yellow shirt was great. The folks who work here are good people. The kids in our group enjoyed fishing off the bridge. Bait is available in the marina store right onsite.

There is a Winn Dixie Supermarket in Big Pine Key north of the campground. It's about 11 miles or 20 minutes away. The campground is located on mile marker 20 so you are just far enough away from the craziness of key west, but just close enough to go and enjoy all that key west offers. Don't miss the nightly sunset celebration at Mallory Square!

I hope you found my review helpful. If you have questions please feel free to ask. Also, I'd appreciate a helpful vote of yes if you feel it is deserved. Happy travels to all! :-)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
24  Thank cooldoggie
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I stayed here (tents) with a small group in spring of 2013. We had reservation and paid over 80 dollars for each of our "sites." When we got there the only place available for our sites and group was back in the woods. There were no sites like at real campgrounds. It was 300-400 yards to bathrooms and electricity. The road had four to six inch rocks sticking up and one of our cars got stuck in mud. There was NO insect control and many in our group left with dozens of red ant bites each as well as mosquito bites. When it rained the sites all flooded - no concept of drainage. You are better off sleeping in your car than staying at this place, especially if it is near full, and again, over 80 dollars per night per site. The people that worked there were nice enough, it was a corporate decision to rent primitive sites and call it a campground with all the nice pictures.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank jthamm
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This was an OK camp, not the best I have stayed in and certainly not the worst. The service was very friendly from reception all the way through to cafe staff. The bathroom facilities were good, not exceptional but good. and the camp had most facilities you could want. So all in all I would recommend it but you wont be blown away at all.

Room Tip: There is a fantastic Bar/restaurant right on the main road where you turn off, it has amazing food and live music most nights. I dont remember the name but its the only one there. I would also reccomend a camp as far away from the road as possible as it gets loud quite early.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple