“Great food and easy prices”

Darrell's Dog Gone Good Diner
Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in Summerfield
The Villages, Florida
“Great food and easy prices”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

One of six locations in the greater Ocala area, open for breakfast and lunch until 3 p.m. Homey family atmosphere with a friendly staff. Nothing fancy, just the basics, but the food is really good. Lots of breakfast choices along with a variety of lunch entres, soups and daily specials. Located in a small strip shopping center on US 27/441 just north of the Spruce Creek entrance.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank John P

“A new favorite breakfast spot”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This new Darrell's location is sure to be a hit. We've been here a couple of times now for breakfast, and have been more than satisfied with all of the menu selections we've tried: omelets, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, corned beef hash. All items cooked properly, and very generous proportions too. We are big coffee drinkers, so when the wait staff does a good job making sure our cups are always full without having to ask, we really appreciate it. Overall, the staff does an excellent job taking care of their customers, with quick and friendly service. We are very impressed with Darrell's and will keep coming back!

• Visited July 2014
“The diner experience”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

The lyrics from the theme song from the sitcom Cheers "where everybody knows your name and they're always glad you came" could have been written about Darrell's Diner. The restaurant is very clean and bright; the coffee cups are bottomless; the food is reasonably priced; and the staff is the friendliest I've ever encountered. The biscuits are baked fresh daily and are some of the best I've ever eaten.

FL, USA
“Great diner”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We went for lunch, hard to decide what to have, everything coming out of the kitchen looked appetizing. I had the mushroom/swiss burger which was huge and I had onion rings on the side. My wife had the patty melt which she only finished half of and could not finish her fries. Our server was always there for anything we needed.
We will definately return.

“Excellent service!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I had an excellent experience at Darrell's (by The Village's) especially with a waitress named Tossa (hope I spelled her name right) My dad came to visit From Orlando and we were looking for a little mom & pop type of joint to eat lunch in with my 2 year old. They are excellent in there... they were quick and on top of their tables. We had excellent service. They went out of their way to please my 2 year because she loves grilled chicken and they didn't charge us extra for her small portion. Definitely going back again. It was wonderful! The burgers were delightful.

1 Thank Kathryn H