“Great Food and Show. Ambiance not quite so great.”

Fuji Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #15 of 27 Restaurants in Summerfield
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Reviewed 16 December 2012

This is a locally owned restaurant, which I always prefer to the chain stores, which provides some pretty good fare by an amusing and talented chef. This restaurant could use some serious updating of its decor which over the years has become somewhat shop worn and dated. I am not sure if it has been refurbished since it opened about 15 years ago. However, the food is good and the value is high; the portions are enormous and it is clean. As at most, if not all, Japanese Steakhouses the food is prepared by a chef on a hibachi (actually I think the correct term is teppanyaki grill), in front of you and then served directly from the hibachi to your plate so everything is served piping hot. Cesar, our chef, was a non-stop talker with amusing anecdotes which he shared as he demonstrated his skills, particularly with his knives, as he prepared our food. Our drink service was responsive and our hot tea cups never went dry. The hostess' were lovely in their kimonos and added to the dining experience by being in costume. The seating area for each grill is eight comfortably, we were told there was seating for ten but I think it would have been rather crowded. We were a group of eight friends which added to our fun because we could all relate and react to each other as well as the chef. If you want a fun place to go with good and plentiful food for a couple of hours entertainment you will like this place. If you want an upscale restaurant to impress someone you should probably try a different restaurant.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

We enjoyed the show put on by the chef who prepared our food on the hibachi grill. Quite entertaining. Food tasted very good. this is a good place to go with a party of 8!

Reviewed 5 July 2012 via mobile

Food is great. lunch is the best value. you have to be there before 2pm for lunch.

Reviewed 21 December 2011

The Restaurant opened promptly at 4:30. The "early bird" special was $14.95. It included chicken, steak , shrimp, rice, a lo mein type dish, vegetables and soup, with absolutely no substitutes. I do not eat shrimp. If I chose the steak and chicken only, as my son did, it would be $19.95. There was plenty of food without the shrimp. I gave the shrimp to another lady at the table. The restaurant appeared to be dingy. The atmosphere resembled a casual neighborhood greasy spoon. When all was said and done, the cost for my son and I for dinner was close to $50.00 (without desert.)

For that type of money I would expect a cleaner and more modern restaurant. There were 5 people at out grill top. 3 on one side and my son and I on the other. Though the chef gentleman was pleasant, he knew the lady on the other side and most of his cooking consisted of social talk with her and her family.

Though the food was good, I am sure there are other good Asian restaurants in the area that might suite me better.

Reviewed 1 May 2011

great prices...entertaining chefs, and wonderful food! one of the best steak houses in my area!