“Needs new beds!!”

Sun City Center Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sun City Center
“Needs new beds!!”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

The place just needs some new beds and it wouldn't be too bad.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
manhattan beach ca
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My sister and I took our mother to see friends in Sun City Center. We were hoping to stay at the guest room in their retirement community, but it was booked so the friends reserved a room for us here. It was cheap and convenient and the staff were very friendly and nice, but the room itself was dark and dumpy and very old/dated. Cleanliness was iffy. The beds were lumpy and the pillows should have been thrown away years ago - flat little pancakes with a lump here or there. The towels were very low quality. The grounds were very unkempt. The walls were paper thin and it appears they are renting room to longer term residents (who like to sit in the courtyard and night and party). It was OK for the 2 nights we spent, but if we go again and need a hotel, we may try the Comfort Inn closer to the freeway.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
suncitycenterinnfl, Webmaster at Sun City Center Inn, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sun City Center Inn for your recent stay in our area. I hope your mother had a wonderful time visiting with her friends.

• Staff received our commendation for the courteous, friendly way in which they treated you, our valued guests.

• Housekeeping received extra training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Grounds maintenance received extra training in maintaining the grounds properly. This is often the first impression possible guests get of our establishment.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Sun City Center Inn. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Sun City Center hotels

new york
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I stayed here with my sisters and it really isn't clean. They had been there before so we knew to bring lysol wipes so we ended up cleaning all the surfaces ourselves. As people describe, it is very dated but we could live with that if the rooms were clean.

The bathroom is very dated with spotty water pressure and there was mold in both bathrooms. The towels were clean but threadbare.

There is a dearth of hotels in the area and rumored crime activity at another hotel. This seems to be a situation where they have a capitive guest base so they don't make much effort. As others have mentioned the front staff is very friendly.

I hope not to have to stay here again but with family in the community, I may not have an option.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank travelfan456
suncitycenterinnfl, Webmaster at Sun City Center Inn, responded to this review, 17 September 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sun City Center Inn for your recent stay in our area. Thank you for telling us that you found the front desk staff to be very friendly. I would have expected nothing less from them, but it is always nice to hear.

• Front desk staff was informed of the nice comment you made about them and received our commendation.

• Maintenance was informed of the spotty water pressure you experienced in the bathroom of the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its repair.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Sun City Center Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 1 March 2011

Don't book at the Sun City Center Inn! Whatever you do, don't book here. I know the low rate will tempt you, but don't do it. You will regret it. My wife and our 14 month old planned a trip to visit my grandparents in Sun City. We looked for a cheap, nice place to stay for a few nights. I found this place, along with mixed reviews, and decided to give it a shot. Boy was that a mistake. Here is how it went down…

Checked-in late in the evening, went to our room, opened the door and was immediately overwhelmed by the smell of mildew. Gross. The bed was a single king, even though I had reserved AND confirmed reservations for two doubles. OK, easy fix. I went back to the front and the nice night clerk girl sent us to a different room. This is when it gets good. My wife bathes our son and reaches for a towel to dry him off only to find a large brown booger-like thing on said towel. Disgusting. After drying him with a different towel she reaches for a blanket which was in our room. Upon unfolding the blanket to dress our son she discovers huge nasty stains, bloody looking stains, on the towel. Sick! OK, so it is late and we decide to just crash. We wake up in the morning and decide to head down for the free breakfast. It is 9:40, which is cool because the binder in our room says that breakfast goes until 10. Well… we get down to the lobby only to find out that breakfast stops at 9:30!

So, long story short about the 2nd room... we find plywood in between the mattresses (see picture), with jagged edges sure to scare our son as he climbs up and down from the bed, dirty linens, a hair in my bed, holes in the linens, a hole in the floor, one must unplug the fridge to use the microwave and vice-versa, dirty stained carpets, etc. etc.

Next day I approach the manager. She says she is going to get us a nicer, 3RD room and will give us a few bucks off our stay. After we get the poolside room my wife and I scour the place for any glaring issues. Within 5 minutes here is what we find… (keep in mind that she and her staff are well aware that they are putting us in our 3RD room and that the maids JUST finished cleaning this one)… toilet is broken, phone is covered in sticky nasty stuff, wet dirty washcloth hanging from shower curtain rod, trash in the drawers, stain on towel.

So… I go back to the front desk only to find a sign that says "Back in 5". It takes the manager over 45 MINUTES to return from an errand. I tell her that we are leaving. Guess what she does??? She actually tries to justify some of said issues, saying "yes, I saw the tags and the things in the drawer, but I would not call that trash." OMG are you kidding me?! I was furious. Also her stocky son was standing next to her staring at me trying to intimidate me apparently. I gave him a head nod and a look suggesting that if he wanted beef with me he better be ready for it. Anyways, after all of this we finally got out of there and down the street to the Ruskin Inn (formerly Holiday Inn Express)! Stay here! They were very friendly and gave me a super rate after hearing about my fiasco at the Sun City Center Inn.

Also, a bit of info, it appears that a large, very wealthy Indian family called the Patels owns the Sun City Center Inn, in fact, they also own the Ruskin Inn where we ended up staying. I understand that the Patels have given millions to the Tampa area and have built some great medical facilities. I am guessing that the Sun City Center was turned over to some of the less than competent members of their family to manage. So far they have been doing a horrible job at running this place and I will not be surprised if if the place goes into the ground by end of year. Don't stay here!

If you want any more info I have lots more to tell so shoot me an email!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank McIlhargies
suncitycenterinnfl, Webmaster at Sun City Center Inn, responded to this review, 25 March 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sun City Center Inn for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon the receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) The management staff received additional training regarding the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training as to the level of cleanliness which they, as our employees, are required to maintain.

Rhode Island
Reviewed 17 February 2011

The only bright spot was the desk clerk...very nice. The place is so run down and shabby.
Ex: I dropped a black sock on the bathroom floor, when I picked it up it was full of white stuff. Terrible cleaning job. Also, as my husband and I were leaving for dinner one night, we were approached by a young man wearing a hoodie. Looking for money, he was just hanging around the courtyard of the hotel.

The breakfast has been approved.

Never will I stay here again. We were here due to a death in the family and needed to book a room at the last minute.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EileenF_9
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sun City Center Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am very sorry for your reason for being in our area, you have our sincere condolences. I am glad that you found our desk clerk to be nice. I would have expected nothing less, but it is always nice to hear.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) The desk clerk was informed of your nice comment concerning him/her.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

3) Security staff was notified of the person who approached you asking for money in our courtyard.

canton
Reviewed 8 February 2010

I stayed at the Sun City Center just after Christmas and was highly surprised with the friendly staff and accomodations. This is an older property in the heart of Sun City and was very well equipped, cozy and quiet. I did not expect much when I arrived-but was very pleased by the time I left. I would recommend the hotel and look forward to my next stay in Sun City.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank cozycritter
texas
Reviewed 21 June 2009

This hotel is not even a typical Days Inn. The room we received was not cleaned. The carpet had wet dark stains between the beds.the end table was all sticky and had a clump of sticky stuff (VISIBLY) in the middle of it. We had asked for a crib to be in the room when we arrived but it was not in the room at check in. At 9:30 PM we still did not have a crib. when we finally got a crib there was no bedding and couldn't get any. We went out to walmart at 10:00PM to get bedding. The breakfast was not worth even going for and got worse with the week. the coffee was cold, there was no milk for the cereal .
The bananas were brown and spoiling. The bagels were at least 2-3 days old and the same english muffin packages were there all week. The desk clerk was more interested in the internet then helping the guests. The only good aspect was the pool, clean and nice. All and all an unpleasant week.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cat2009Texas
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sun City Center Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you enjoyed the pool.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) The desk staff received extra training concerning the courteous way in which they are to treat our valued guests.

2) The breakfast staff received extra training in presenting a proper breakfast.

3) Housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness which they as our employees are required to maintain.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Sun City Center Inn. I think you will be very pleased.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sun City Center
Harborside Suites at Little Harbor
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon West
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon

Been to Sun City Center Inn? Share your experiences!