“A perfect place to stay”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sun City Center
“A perfect place to stay”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

A clean hotel with a friendly staff and nice swimming pool, we enjoyed our stay here. The free breakfast was great! I do not recommend the two restaurants located very close by. Mediocre service, mediocre food. But there are other places nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Jessie H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
We were very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.We need to know the good and the bad. It helps us maintain a nice clean hotel and keep our guests happy. Thank you for your kind comments and we hope you will come back soon to see us. If you do come back please come see me and say hello so I can thank you in person for your kind comments.
Jessie and staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Siesta Key, Florida
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We had a really bad experience at this hotel in Sun City Center this weekend. We arrived late and arrived to soiled, wet sheets on one of the two queen beds. The toilet seat was dirty. When we spoke to the manager, Jessie, she said that we "could have moved to another room and that she would take $15.00 off of our bill" (lol!). Not that she was sorry or that it was unacceptable. The maids came by and said they would talk to the "big boss", whoever that might be. Upon checkout, Jesie forgot to tell the desk clerk about the whopping $15.00 discount, so we had to pay full price. What a joke and what a mess!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Leslie S
Jessie H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
I am sorry to hear of your bad experience at our hotel. Your husband came to the f/d and said you were ready to go to bed and his daughter told him the bed was wet.The f/d clerk offered to move you and your husband said no you were tired and unpacked. The next morning your husband came to see me and asked if I knew about this.I said yes I was sorry and I would go to his room to check it.There was no mention at any time about a dirty toilet.I did go and check the bed .The bed was not damp it was very wet and I asked why would you sleep in a bed like this and he said the daughter put towels over it. I was surprised they did not change rooms.I offered$15.00 only because you chose to stay in the wet bed.You said that was not enough ,and I said I could not give a comp room. You were offered to move. You came to the front desk ,threw the keys on the counter and checked out. The$15.00 was applied to your credit card 30 minutes after you left. I am sorry you chose not to move. We have a very high rating for a nice clean hotel and it was unfortunate you had this experience. Thank you

Travellers are raving about these Sun City Center hotels

Jonesborough, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My Husband and I along with my Sister stayed here for two nights recently. I had made reservations on Priceline and had confirmation numbers for both rooms. At check in, they could not find my Sister in the system and had a difficult time locating us! The man who checked us in told me that they will match prices if you call the hotel directly. Good to know as this is about it in this area of Florida. The rooms could use some fixing with drawers that don't work properly, stains and rust in bathtub and some obvious spots on bedspreads. The folks at the front desk were very nice and most helpful with some directions.
We moved over to Clearwater to the marriott for the final night as it was closer to airport by an hour and the price was less for a king suite (and beautiful) than this motel! There is something to be said about competition in the marketplace.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you have to lug a bunch of things, ask for a first floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Marco Island, FL
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I know when I read Trip Advisor reviews I wonder about the glowing reviews that are years old. Maybe things have changed...

Not so at Comfort Inn Sun City Center, Florida. Ms. Jessie Hayward is still the general manager (several years running). Her staff is excellent, and the hotel is everything that it should be. Rooms are clean, and up to date (new coverlets on the beds). Bed is very comfortable. Each room has a frig and microwave. When you are in town for several days, those little extras make a difference! The hotel was full, but we heard no noise from the other rooms.

Complimentary Breakfast was well stocked with the usual components as well as waffles, biscuits, gravy and boiled eggs.

These are the things that will keep us returning to this gem.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Jessie H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Thanks Annastasis for choosing our hotel . I am so happy you liked our new bed coverlets, It sure has made a difference to the room. We are now in the process of painting the rooms and updating the bathrooms. It's because of people like you we want to keep the hotel looking nice. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Thank you from myself and the staff for your kind comments.
Jessie
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Ms Jessie Hayward ( General Manager) makes it happen. The cleaning staff is very friendly and professional. The hot breakfast was good every morning. My wife and I stay in the area about six to ten days every year for business and this has been our choice for years. We have learned to make reservations early as many others have found this to be the best in the area as well. The rooms are clean, A/C is cold the price is right, five or six places to eat in walking distances. We plan to be back soon. Thanks Ms Hayward!

Room Tip: Make a Reservation when you can. Your car will be cooler on the west side in the a.m.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Jessie H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Thank you WIlliam for your kind comments . We strive at keeping our hotel up to date.We were happy we had our new bedding in place for your stay. WHen you come back all our rooms wll be freshly painted.its because of people like you we take pleasure in keeping the hotel nice .On behalf of myself and the staff we once again say thank you. WE look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Amesbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

easily located off of interstate 75 . clean rooms although bathrooms could use some paint and updating. great breakfast. great service. very nice pool and spa. restaurants close by. vending and ice machines are easily located

• Stayed April 2013
Jessie H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. We do take pride in our hotel . We always continue with making changes to help make your stay happy. We do look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Jessie and staff.
fort walton beach
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Some of our family was camping nearby at the State Park. My daughter and I needed a good nights rest with real beds. I hesitated booking this hotel due to the open corridors and possible lack of security. Options nearby are slim and we didn't want to drive another 10 miles up I-75. We could hear the Pizza Hut drive-through and lots of talking, but the AC has a "constant fan" option and that helped a lot. We locked up tight and thought while pizza hut is open, we should be ok! The beds were comfy although the pillows are really small. The bathroom was small and clean but the maid had missed cleaning behind the door of the bathroom. There was a clothing tag back there on the floor from a previous guest. We don't usually stay at Comfort Inns so I can not compare it to others. We usually stay with Hilton brands like Garden inns, etc. I was pleased with this Comfort Inn and feel like I got what I paid for.

• Stayed March 2013
Jessie H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel .I do apologize for the tag behind the bathroom door. These are things I need to know and it will be addressed with the housekeeping staff. We are also planning on upgrades this year so please do come back and stay with us again.
Jessie and staff.
Hampton Inn Ellenton
#1 of 4 in Ellenton
Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon
Sleep Inn & Suites Riverfront - Ellenton

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!