“Friendly and well run”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sun City Center
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed for 3 nights. Upon check-in they upgraded me from their standard king room to their king suite/efficiency. While some of the finishes in the rooms are looking a bit worn, everything was clean and the bed was comfortable. Housekeeping seemed to take particular care each day to keep things clean and arranged while carefully working around my personal items. The free breakfast was pretty basic but did have some protein (egg 'patties') along with the typical carb items. I would consider this the only reasonable motel choice in the immediate Sun City Center area and would certainly have no problem staying there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Jessie H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you for your kind comments about your stay. I was pleased to hear you would come back again. We understand we need some things updated and that's why we are the process of replacing the couches. We take pride in our hotel and we appreciate any comments you have to offer.we look forward to seeing you again in the near future and please come see personally so I can make sure your stay will be as nice or nicer.
Thanks again

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Just an overnight stay for us. They honored the coupon in the 'travel book' with no problem making our Friday night stay reasonable at $89 plus taxes. The room was large with 2 queen beds and a table. Comfortable pillows. A damaged lamp was in our unit and really should not be there any longer. Staff?? Don't be cheap, replace it. The TV was OK with many channels. The microwave and fridge both worked fine and the motel area appears safe. Parking is right in front of your room which is also nice. Very friendly clerk. The shower was adequate and really no issues other than both late arriving and early leaving guests. Typical stuff. The pool looked good too even though we didn't use it. We would stop here again.
Note: Don't make a U-turn when arriving. Turn left at the regular road and then left again to the property.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hooked_on_travel77
Jessie H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. I really appreciate you comment regarding the lamp. I agree the lamp will be replaced.Thank you. I hope you will come back and see us and please come say hello to me and I will ensure you will have a nice stay.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I wasn't expecting much when we booked the room, but upon pulling in the parking lot, I was pleasantly surprised. Very nice staff, and extremely nice, clean room (especially for the $) I'd say you can't beat this deal, the room was very up-to-date and good restaurants and small shopping center in walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank S B
Jessie H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. It is nice to hear you were impressed upon your arrival. It meant a lot for us to know you were happy with your stay.Thank you again and should you come back please see me personally and I will ensure you your stay will be as nice as your last.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Have stayed at this hotel at least once a year for roughy the past 4 years as it is close to the retirement community where my parents reside. I noticed dental floss on the bathroom floor and tiny ant like bugs on bathroom floor and around sink. One day the hand towels and wash cloths were not replaced. When they were, many were stained. Was optimistic the situation would be cleaned up by their cleaning staff, unfortunately I was mistaken. On the second to last morning, when I picked a towel to use, a roach came out of it. I informed the front desk and was told I should have reported the problems on my first night. My good faith outlook in the staff was met by the manager stating I should have informed them earlier. Not a very professional attitude; I would expect the manager to conduct pop in inspections of their employees and not leave that job up to their guests.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 19,899,500
Jessie H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your stay. My concern was you stayed four days and we did not get any complaints until the last. if I do not know something is wrong I cannot take care of it. The housekeeper did bring me the towels on that day and we did not see ny stains. One of your towels did have heavy makeup.
I hope you will return and if you do please call me and I will ensure you will be taken of and you will have an enjoyable stay. Thank you.
Jessie hayward

Reviewed 21 November 2013

If you're looking for a nice, economical place to stay near Sun City Center, this Comfort Inn is tops on my list. They've got a nice, well kept swimming pool; the rooms are always clean and comfortable, and I love the "make your own breakfast" - especially the Belgian waffles.

You won't find friendlier people at any hotel...just down-to-earth helpful folks. Jesse is my favorite person there.

Can't go wrong with a stay here.

Room Tip: If you like a King size bed, they've got them.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Jessie H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Thank you Lincoln for your kind comments. It's people like you help us continue to take pride in our hotel. We feel we are down to earth because we really enjoy seeing all of our repeat customers come back and I really hope you will be one of them. Thank you again.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Some friends were staying here to go to the races in Bradenton. Due to some late scheduling we had to book about 25 minutes away at this hotel. However, it is right on the Interstate and is easy to get to. We mainly slept here, but the rooms were clean and smelled clean. I have issues with stinky, moldy smells in hotels, but this one passed the sniff test. There is a light continental breakfast, which was nice for a cup of coffee or a morning snack. We stayed several nights, and on one night had to pull onto the curb of grass to get parking.

Room Tip: This is an outdoor corridor hotel and the parking gets quite full late in the day.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank gagardens
Jessie H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for your kind comments. We really appreciate it when you take the time to write about us. I really hope you will come back to see us and when you do please come and introduce yourself to me . I will ensure you will have an enjoyable stay. Once again on behalf of myself and the staff we thank you.
Jessie

Reviewed 22 August 2013

It's conveniently located right by I-75, and is nice and quiet. The rooms are clean, updated, and the beds are very comfortable. The AC unit in the room get ice cold, we love it! You have to enter the rooms from the outside, but it wasn't an issue. Breakfast was fair, and the front desk staff are friendly. We did feel housekeeping was very persistent at check-out time, and felt a little rushed. Other than that, great hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Jessie H, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. We work hard at keeping it nice and clean And its nice to be appreciated by people like you. We hope you will come again in the near future .
Jessie and Staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sun City Center
Harborside Suites at Little Harbor
Red Roof Inn Tampa Brandon
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon West
Super 8 Ellenton Bradenton Area
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Tampa/Brandon, FL

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!