“A pleasant stay!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise
Cary, North Carolina
“A pleasant stay!”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I am a fan of Doubletree as it is, I am sure the cookie plays a big role in that. This hotel is located in a very good area, close to a lot of shopping places. You can walk to many restaurants around within a mile radius. The hotel staff are dressed well and very professional. The breakfast buffet there is excellent a little pricey but so worth it. The staff in the restaurant also makes it a pleasurable experience, they are friend and helpful and always happy. The rooms are clean, they are nicely placed and good housekeeping. I would defi recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Turkish first
Jensen Beach, Florida
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We selected this hotel because it was located close to the BB&T Arena where we were going to see our first Bon Jovi concert. We also selected this hotel because they provided transportation close to the arena (we actually thought it was to the arena, but we were wrong). The van took us across two streets from the arena and we had to walk the rest of the way. Not a long walk, but a walk non the less. The hotel staff from check in to van driver to check out was perfect...right down to the warm cookie at check in. The room was clean as was the bathroom. The bed was comfortable. What more can you want from a place away from home?

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed 6 March 2013

The location is great. Easy access to the highways or the Florida Turnpike (about 2 Minute drive) Also directly accross the Shopping Mall. You can easly walk there. (would not recommend that when coming back with all the bag, use the free shuttle.
Also parking is free as well.
As in all Doubletree's the cookies is a really nice treat when arriving.
You have free internet
The room I stayed was clean and big for a 1 person travelling.

Two things did not got so well.
I booked a king bed room as was assigned 2 doulbe beds.
Also I received an email prior to arrival if I would like to order anything. As travelling from Europe (10 hour flight ) I was looking forward to the ordered soda's and choclate covered strawberries. As per email they would be in the room when checking in.
I arrived late (after 4pm) but nothing was delivered. Not that day or on the 3 other's I stayed there.
When checking out, I ask if I had any additional charges and they said no.
So I hope the did not charge me. But I have to wait for the credit card statement.
Also, when I was asking about those charges I was not offered a copie of the bill.
not sure if that was because the room was paid for before arrival.

If I will be in that aera again I would stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for a room on high floor
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Booked this on Hotwire.com for a great rate. Robyn, the resident bartender had a wonderful personality, and amazing customer service. She set the bar high and the rest of the staff didn't fall short. Our room was comfortable, and the food was enjoyable. We managed to score two tickets to the NHL game and they provided us with a free shuttle to and back from the game.

Room Tip: Try hotwire.com to get better rates.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 5 March 2013

We traveled over here from Ft Myers and stayed at the doubletree for 2 nights (march 1st & 2nd) for the Bon Jovi concert. Check in was a breeze and we were greeted with a very warm welcome. The elevators were the fastest I have ever seen.....this may not be huge for everyone but waiting a long time for an elevator can be frustrating. The room was just as pictured, very clean and spacious. If looking for a place to stay for a concert or a trip to Sawgrass this is the place! They offered us a free shuttle to and from the concert (not including tip) which was SO convenient! The beds were very clean and comfortable. The only negative which I am not going to knock of any points for because I tend to be picky abut this is that the water pressure in the shower was not the best......but who cares, overall a GREAT hotel with amazing service....we would just walk by employees and they would greet us and ask us if we needed anything.....loved it!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location. The rooms are clean and roomy. We stayed on the 10th floor. Had a great view. Also on the 10th is a lounge that has comfy couches, water, soda, coffee, tea, and several snack choices free to guests. We met up with our children and ordered pizza and played UNO in the lounge and had the room to ourselves, but there was plenty of room for others as well. Breakfast buffet is amazing! Denise Miller at the front desk was extremely helpful and very pleasant! When we return to visit our children and grand children in the future we will stay again at the Doubletree. Also this hotel is in walking distance of Applebees and TGI Friday's, and surrounded by great shopping if that is your thing.

• Stayed March 2013
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I always stay at the Doubletree when I'm in town for business. Robyne, the bartender is always great to see. She is friendly & outgoing and it is always a pleasure to chat her. She always make you feel welcome.

Room Tip: Go down to the bar and hang out with Robyne.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunrise
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
#4 of 4 in Sunrise
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise Sawgrass Mills
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills? Share your experiences!