“NO Coffee and Bugs”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise
Port St Lucie, United States
“NO Coffee and Bugs”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

MY stay started off ok, the room appeared clean and the bed was comfy. I requested a wake up call for 6 am - good thing I was already awake or I would have slept right through it. The phone only rang 1x and the volume of the ring was so low I would have slept right through it. So I decided to use the coffee maker provided - brewed a cup and put in cream and sugar - the cream curdled - so I took a chance and brewed a second cup and again the cream curdled when put in the coffee - so no coffee in the morning. Then I noticed little bugs - really small ants or spiders - lots of them crawling all over the coffee maker and the tray it was on. That creeped me out so I packed my stuff and checked out. I told the clerk at the desk and he didn't seem too concerned, said he would have some one check it out.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Susan G
JohnSchillingGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm so terribly sorry about your coffee experience. I'm sure the clerk passed this on and we addressed it. I hope you stay with us again and we can show you a better stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I went to a business meeting at the hotel. Excellent service and quality room. Really glad they had a shuttle to take me to the mall. The meals were fantastic as I had breakfast and lunch. Highly recommend to my friends for meetings and just plain getaways

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thanks for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you next time.
New York, United States
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I had a fabulous stay at this hotel! The room was clean and comfortable, staff was friendly, and lobby clean and modern. I would have preferred queen beds, but the mattress was comfortable. The cookie at check in was delicious as well as the crab cakes. The free shuttle to the mall was an added convenience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Nicola W
Thanks for your review. I also love our crab cakes one of the best things on our menu. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel see you next time.
wisconsin
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Great location, great staff, couldn't be any better. All areas of the hotel were spotless. Front desk staff was helpful, pleasant, knowledgeable - added to the pleasure of our visit. Easy access to highways, major thoroughfares, shopping, restaurants (just too many to list!). No, I am not associated with the hotel or its chain in any way, just a very satisfied guest.

Room Tip: North view is Sawgrass Mills mall and major street, although not too noisy. South side quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rotharch
JohnSchillingGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thanks for telling everyone what great time you had at my hotel. Hope to see you next time you visit sunny Florida!
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Great location to Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall; also a wide variety of resturants to choose from in the general vacinity. Skip eating at the hotel...EXTREAMLY overpriced and only average fare. Expertise of hotel associates is wide in scope. Some are very gracious and accomadating and others need to find another line of work. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and come with a small refridgerator which is convenient. They also accomadate pets for those traveling with furry friends.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank KWmare
Thanks for your review. We have the best location there is to Sawgrass Mills Mall. I'm glad you stayed with us and sorry not all our staff members wowed you. We do try hard and I appreciate your feedback.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed overnight here and i thunk its a bit pricey for the kind of room. We been in many hotels and for the price we paid we expected more of it and we end up saying ( ohhh well its Hilton thats why) you know what i mean most of the time youre paying the name.. the room is just so plain not even a love set just a recliner and office chair for the table where you can use a lap top for a lower price we spent in kissimee we got a better room ohh maybe it came with location too any way. Theres a refigerator but nothing on it, theres a coffe maker for coffee.
The good side the location near in tgifridays, saw grass mall and they even have a shuttle bus going to the mall (.5 )mile away , sams club, mc donalds, shell gas station. Very easy to find because its by sunrise blvd. The staff are nice anf friendly.
Free Wifi connection and its fast, telephone use has .50$ charge . My hubby book the two of us but they still charged us 14$ ohh well its hilton right.

Room Tip: If you wa to go shopping in sawgrass mills this is the hotel youre looking for, but if youre trip is...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are not the cheapest hotel in town I agree however you are getting great hotel room/service for the price. We are the hotel to stay at when shopping at the Sawgrass Mills Mall and I'm glad you enjoyed the shuttles and free fast internet. Hope to see you again on your next trip.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We booked two rooms in this hotel for the first week of October. We decided to stay here as the main purpose of hour Florida trip was to go shopping at the outlet mall.

This hotel did not disappoint. The staff is friendly, helpful and have great recommendations. The rooms are clean and modern. I liked the level of security requiring guests to use their key card to access the different levels in the hotel.

The hotel has a shuttle service that we used for shopping and accessing some nearby restaurants. They will pick you up at the mall if you call them

The only issue I have is that I wished the curtains of the room could completely close (ie no sleeping in)

Will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. If anyone needs clips to keep the curtains closed tight we've got them just ask the front desk they can bring some to your room.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunrise
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise Sawgrass Mills
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills? Share your experiences!