“Very good hotel in Sawgrass mills area”

Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise
Bridgetown, Barbados
“Very good hotel in Sawgrass mills area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

I used this hotel for my trip to "shop until I drop" at Sawgrass Mills. There was a cart available to take all my shopping up to the room- very convenient. Shuttle to mall, The room was excellent and the bed very comfortable. The cute little fridge and microwave came in handy. Breakfast was hot and a wide selection with lots of healthy fruit

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

JohnSchillingGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for writing your review. All 250 of our rooms have refrigerators and microwaves which people love. We have two vans that go to the mall and surrounding areas and are very popular. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Turkish first
South Orange, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

I had the pleasure of recently staying at the Double Tree Sawgrass Mill and it was a dream experience. The propertly was a very comfortable and quiet place to stay with all the amenities I needed for a few days. But the very caring and thoughtful staff turned a good trip into an amazing travel experience. The rooms are clean, fresh and comfortable with desk, great lighting, flat screen TV, Internet service, impeccably clean bathrooms with lovely honey & coriander toileteries and a non-intrusive maid service. Breakfast has everything one needs to start the day, and the free shuttle to the nearby Sawgrass Mall is the icing on the cake. I would not want to stay anyplace else when my travels take me back to the Ft. Lauderdale area

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for helping spread the word about our great hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed everything and hope to see you again next trip.
Key West, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

The highlight of the hotel was the transportation staff. They went out of their way to assist guests. The downside was the front desk staff. While some were very good, others seemed to consider their personal issues more important than the guests and at one point there was no front desk person at all. The hallway noise was unacceptable. A small child was allowed to run free down the hall screaming. While that is not the hotel's fault, the door to the room had a gap at the bottom that allowed the noise to flow into the room.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for your review. I'm so sorry about the noise if you happen to read this response call me and let me know your room number so I can check that door out. I've not had noise complaints and want to make sure I fix that door. I hope to see you next time you are in town.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is an older hotel. The walls are paper thin. You will hear everything. The HVAC is also loud. It woke me up several times during the night. The beds are ok. You'll be comfortable. the bathroom was ok as well.
The best part of my stay was the staff. They tried their best to make sure that the guests were happy.
I stayed on the 4th floor. You will not hear any hallway noises but the walls between the rooms were thin.
Didn't see any bed bugs or any other bugs in the room. The room was clean. The bed linens were also clean.
Funny story: I put the do not disturb sign on the door because I did not need the room to be serviced. I had it on the door for a few days. They do safety checks of all the rooms in the hotel. I received a letter stating that they will perform the check at our earliest convenience. Super funny.

Room Tip: No hints for the guests. You can walk to the Sawgrass mall from the hotel. All paved sidewalks for...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay and glad you found our staff awesome. Hope to see you on your next trip.
Port St Lucie, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

MY stay started off ok, the room appeared clean and the bed was comfy. I requested a wake up call for 6 am - good thing I was already awake or I would have slept right through it. The phone only rang 1x and the volume of the ring was so low I would have slept right through it. So I decided to use the coffee maker provided - brewed a cup and put in cream and sugar - the cream curdled - so I took a chance and brewed a second cup and again the cream curdled when put in the coffee - so no coffee in the morning. Then I noticed little bugs - really small ants or spiders - lots of them crawling all over the coffee maker and the tray it was on. That creeped me out so I packed my stuff and checked out. I told the clerk at the desk and he didn't seem too concerned, said he would have some one check it out.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Susan G
Thank you for your review. I'm so terribly sorry about your coffee experience. I'm sure the clerk passed this on and we addressed it. I hope you stay with us again and we can show you a better stay.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I went to a business meeting at the hotel. Excellent service and quality room. Really glad they had a shuttle to take me to the mall. The meals were fantastic as I had breakfast and lunch. Highly recommend to my friends for meetings and just plain getaways

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thanks for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you next time.
New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I had a fabulous stay at this hotel! The room was clean and comfortable, staff was friendly, and lobby clean and modern. I would have preferred queen beds, but the mattress was comfortable. The cookie at check in was delicious as well as the crab cakes. The free shuttle to the mall was an added convenience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Nicola W
Thanks for your review. I also love our crab cakes one of the best things on our menu. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel see you next time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunrise
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise Sawgrass Mills
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills? Share your experiences!