“Best Dim Sum!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great dim sum...wide array of choices...also a regular Chinese American Menu. Plain inside, service can be brusque, but generally pleasant. Lots of Asian patrons...best dishes I have tasted are clams in black bean sauce, steamed pork! shrimp dumplings/she mei, Hong Kong noodle soups, silverfish noodles, sautéed greens (changes by season) spring rolls, noodles...also inexpensive! Dim sum served until late afternoon. Closed Wednesdays!

2  Thank LNROSS

Reviewed 13 February 2014

consistently fantastic dim sum. if you've gone to toa toa and just eaten the american version of chinese cuisine, you've really "missed the boat". their dim sum is the best we have ever eaten. from chow fun, to shanghai noodles, to mustard greens, to su mei, to calamari, everything is great. service is always good.

2  Thank sarge-in-fla
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We had very good basic Chinese food; Very popular place. We had Chow Mein, Chicken & broccoli and Hunan chicken. Complete dinner for three came to about $10 ea. person. Dinners included soup, spring roll, tea, entree and desert. They give a 10% discount for paying with cash.
We will be back!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have been eating at Toa Toa for many years, but always for Dim Sum. Yesterday, my wife and I decided to stop for lunch and order an American Chinese meal off the menu. Imagine my surprise when I sat down to write a review and found I had never reviewed Toa Toa before. What an oversight on my part. As for our lunch, I was happy to see that the quality of their American food is up to the quality of their Chinese food. My Hot and Sour soup was spicy, just the way I like it. The Chicken in Garlic Sauce was delicious and the egg roll was as good as any I have had in Florida. My wife also enjoyed her Shrimp with Lobster sauce although she thought her Egg Drop soup was a little too salty. I did not agree with her, but then everyone has a different salt tolerance. The room is comfortable, the service is friendly and the price is right. What more could you want in a neighborhood restaurant. As for the Dim Sum, this is one of the three best places in SE Florida to go for the real thing. I consider Hong Kong City BBQ, Pine Court Chinese Bistro and Toa Toa, to be the Big Three. Toa Toa does not have push carts, but uses picture menus that help you complete the Dim Sum ‘laundry lists’. They offer an extensive selection of small dishes including some of my favorites like Shrimp Stuffed Taro and Turnip Pudding. I also learned to love the Cold Jellyfish salad. On the other hand their squid dish has no taste and a really bad texture, but we can’t expect to hit the bullseye every time. Overall, I think this is a very nice neighborhood American Chinese restaurant but more importantly, it is a great Dim Sum oasis. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Best Kept Secret in South Florida Dim Sum is right here. I have tried plenty of Dim Sum from Hollywood to Boynton and this is the best.
Everything is always so fresh, hot, warm, and delicious.

We have come here from Delray Beach, because it is worth the trip. There are always Chinese people eating here- so that is a great sign that its the real deal!

Decorations are none, wait staff is kind, and restaurant is simple...and they make that up all with their AMAZING food.
We have tried all of the following and have never been disappointed.
Wonton Soup, Hot and Sour, Hong Kong Chinese noodle soup (for 2), String Beans, Singapore Noodles (one of my favorite dishes), Sui Mai, Shrimp Dumplings, Fun Gor, Beef Short ribs, Lotus Leaf/Sticky Rice, Fried dumplings (best dumplings), Shrimp and Chive Dumplings, Red Bean pancake.
I am drawing a blank- but i think we have tried most of the dim sum menu.

Cannot comment on the regular menu because I am not sure I have ever ordered a meal from there. We come here strictly for Dim Sum.

Highly recommended- pay in cash and get a 10% discount.