“Ok Chinese food lack of hospitality ”

TOA TOA Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 240 Restaurants in Sunrise
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

After seeing and reading highly recommend place to eat Chinese food I was somewhat disappointed.
Food was fine but host was total disappointed only once came to my table. No refill and lack of hospitality.
Not coming back.
1 star poor, 2 star ok, 3 star good,4 star very good,5 star outstanding.
Host *,food**,ambience **,value **

1  Thank Tim W

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great dim sum...wide array of choices...also a regular Chinese American Menu. Plain inside, service can be brusque, but generally pleasant. Lots of Asian patrons...best dishes I have tasted are clams in black bean sauce, steamed pork! shrimp dumplings/she mei, Hong Kong noodle soups, silverfish noodles, sautéed greens (changes by season) spring rolls, noodles...also inexpensive! Dim sum served until late afternoon. Closed Wednesdays!

2  Thank LNROSS
Reviewed 13 February 2014

consistently fantastic dim sum. if you've gone to toa toa and just eaten the american version of chinese cuisine, you've really "missed the boat". their dim sum is the best we have ever eaten. from chow fun, to shanghai noodles, to mustard greens, to su mei, to calamari, everything is great. service is always good.

2  Thank sarge-in-fla
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We had very good basic Chinese food; Very popular place. We had Chow Mein, Chicken & broccoli and Hunan chicken. Complete dinner for three came to about $10 ea. person. Dinners included soup, spring roll, tea, entree and desert. They give a 10% discount for paying with cash.
We will be back!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have been eating at Toa Toa for many years, but always for Dim Sum. Yesterday, my wife and I decided to stop for lunch and order an American Chinese meal off the menu. Imagine my surprise when I sat down to write a review and found I had never reviewed Toa Toa before. What an oversight on my part. As for our lunch, I was happy to see that the quality of their American food is up to the quality of their Chinese food. My Hot and Sour soup was spicy, just the way I like it. The Chicken in Garlic Sauce was delicious and the egg roll was as good as any I have had in Florida. My wife also enjoyed her Shrimp with Lobster sauce although she thought her Egg Drop soup was a little too salty. I did not agree with her, but then everyone has a different salt tolerance. The room is comfortable, the service is friendly and the price is right. What more could you want in a neighborhood restaurant. As for the Dim Sum, this is one of the three best places in SE Florida to go for the real thing. I consider Hong Kong City BBQ, Pine Court Chinese Bistro and Toa Toa, to be the Big Three. Toa Toa does not have push carts, but uses picture menus that help you complete the Dim Sum ‘laundry lists’. They offer an extensive selection of small dishes including some of my favorites like Shrimp Stuffed Taro and Turnip Pudding. I also learned to love the Cold Jellyfish salad. On the other hand their squid dish has no taste and a really bad texture, but we can’t expect to hit the bullseye every time. Overall, I think this is a very nice neighborhood American Chinese restaurant but more importantly, it is a great Dim Sum oasis. Highly recommend.