“Mediocre Italian food”

Good for: Child-friendly
Sunrise, Florida
“Mediocre Italian food”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

There is not much to say except it's an over priced Italian restaurant. Spaghetti has been served with as much undrained water as the canned sauce that they seem to use. I have tried it several times and have never been satisfied.

Visited November 2011

Raleigh, North Carolina
“We always eat at Mario's once a visit”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Good traditional Italian food at a good price. My husband has been eating at Mario's since he used to come to FL to visit his Grandma. We're carrying on the tradition. Pros. It's a casual, family friendly place and the food is great. Garlic rolls are delish. Love their tomato sauce. Negatives: The service is OK. It can be slow if they're busy. The bathroom is dirty. It can be noisy if you're seated next to a big table.

1 Thank Debbiewanders
Sunrise, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow. Great Italian food”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Best white clam sause after my wife,s and vin cents in new York. Pizza is great also. Love the place and would recommend it to all for great italian food and good service.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Leo R
New York City, New York
“Best garlic knots and pretty decent food in this neck of the woods...”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

First of all, this place is Zagat-rated. It was recently reviewed because their award listed 2012.

Was recommended by our grandmother who told us that back in the day, there was a line outside and around the restaurant.

Best garlic knots, huge portions of pasta that 2 adults could share or 2 adults and 1 child could share. The soup, pasta fagioli, was delicious but a bit salty. I would not recommend the Caprese at all because the tomatoes were under ripe. The eggplant parmesan was pretty tasty. The marinara sauce was pretty good too.

Beers and wine were $3.50. Pasta dishes were $11.00. Service was great. They held a ice cream cake for us, put a candle and brought it out for our grandmother for a surprise. Would definitely visit again.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank newyorkannie7
Southern Ontario, Canada
“Still fabulous after 37 years!”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I have been visiting this quaint Italian restaurant my entire life, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that after all these years (and different owners) the food is still great, and the service superb. The garlic rolls are a must, the pizza is really good too, and my personal favorites are the pasta fagioli and the baked ziti (but in over three decades I have never had a bad meal there). I am happy to say that my son is the fourth generation of my family that has been able to enjoy Mario's!

Visited December 2011