Now this hotel definitely has it's good points, comfy beds, clean bathrooms, good shower. A fridge in the room would have been great considering we were in Florida, and that is not too much to ask. The food was pretty good, but the breakfast buffet for $15 which consisted of cereal, dry hash browns, scrambled eggs that looked like they were scooped from a pail.
The biggest s***show here was the bar tending. the first few nights there was a British lady there who tried her darndest but just did not really have a clue of organized bar tending. Great gal though.
The lady that replaced her was simply terrible. She knew how to bartend, she just didn't want to do it. One night my friend and I went to sit in the courtyard outside the lobby which is connected to the bar, and asked if we could get served there. She said yes. After going inside three times for drinks because the service wasn't coming, I went inside and ordered food for the both of us. She wrote the order down. Half an hour later she came outside and asked if we wanted to order food. I was floored and said what about the stuff I ordered a half hour ago. She denied that I had ordered. In disbelief I ordered again because it was too late to go anywhere else. When the food showed up the potatoes I had asked to substitute for pasta were not there but the pasta was. I gave up, paid our tab and we went to bed. This experience was utterly pathetic.
The shuttle was really good at driving you around to places within 5 miles of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in South Florida's bustling Broward County just minutes from Fort Lauderdale, The SAWGRASS GRAND Hotel and Suites ushers in a new era of modern style in one of the state's premier business and leisure destinations. An anchor in South Florida's mix of high-tech companies and powerhouse retail centers, the service-driven 289-room hotel is a sought-after destination for sports enthusiasts, shoppers and sightseers alike, offering easy access to Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall, Hard Rock Stadium, BB&T Center, as well as the Everglades, beaches and popular South Florida attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sawgrass Grand Hotel and Suites Sports Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Sawgrass Mills
- Holiday Inn Sunrise
- Sunrise Holiday Inn
- Sawgrass Grand Hotel And Suites Sports Complex Sunrise, Florida