“There for a Bday dinner a mess”
Review of Bistro

Bistro
Ranked #25 of 44 Restaurants in Surfside
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: They are now where the Moroccan Nights used to be
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Food are not good at all,taste less,probably frozen.
Ambiance none and that day was live music by a single guy trumpeter, a mess,couldn't wait to leave.
The only nice part was the French lady owner at that time.
Will never go back.
Was there winter 2012 I still do remember but maybe it got way better since but when I See the reviews seem it is not better.
Avoid going for your Bday.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I still don't know what kind of restaurant it is but overall is a nice place. Food is good and prices are descent . It gets busy at lunch. They have good coffee

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

We were drawn in by the red/white check table cloths. Yes seriously.... We wanted a casual Italian restaurant. The meatballs in my spaghetti were the small round frozen kind. Would we go back, or recommend this to anybody? NO!!

Reviewed 12 March 2013

It's not often I get made a fool of, but man did it happen here. We just wanted a quick bite to eat and the owner lured us in with the line "everything in here is homemade, even the bread". How can you turn that down right? We ordered bruschetta, which was decent, and a pizza. When the pizza came, that's when the realisation that we had been taken occurred. The crust had holes in it and I looked at the bottom of the pizza and the hole thing was all holes. It was a pre made pizza crust that they had defrosted and threw some ingredients on. If I wanted a frozen pizza, I would hve just stayed home. But I didn't.....they made a fool out of me...don't let them make a fool out of you. Bummer.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

We dine out often and have no issue with paying for a good meal. At Bistro we thought the food was average.....not super but not terrible. We were not offered a wine list but were told they served only house wine. We ordered a glass of Cabernet and one of Pinot Grigio. Frankly, I suspect the wine was "home brew"......drinkable but pretty rough. The big shock was getting the bill and finding that the charge for the wine was $12 per glass. We ordered one house salad.....$4 on the menu..... and one of the daily special salads. Again......shocked to find that the special salad was $14. All in all.....we felt that for the meal we had, the cost was overpriced by at least a third. No doubt we should have asked the prices .....our mistake. But given that my husband's pizza was about $16 and my mussels were $12....the bottom line on the bill at over $90 was outrageous.

1  Thank Nancy C