“Very nice!”
Review of Josh's Deli

Josh's Deli
Ranked #7 of 41 Restaurants in Surfside
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/joshs-delicatessen-and-appetizing-surfside#hrid:FSSdKS7XM5SGWGbld4lJbw/src:self
South Florida, Florida
“Very nice!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Josh gets a lot of positive press, mostly well deserved. Some of his dishes are actually outstanding. Others, not so much. Friendly service, a small place that desperately needs some TLC.

Visited October 2013

• Finnish first
nashville tn
“Blown away!”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was invited to lunch by some friends and was skeptical when they said the word 'Deli'. I braced myself for the typical deli fare and was instead gifted with a truly wonderful food experience!
We ordered a basket of their hand cut (crinkle) fries for the table and they were amazing! I had the house cured corned beef hash with poached eggs (in honor of Wolfie's) and it was so right! Well done with crispy bits and just the right mount of fat. The latkas were perfect and rich. We also ordered the lobster reuben that was a nice departure from the classic. Large chunks of lobster on lovely rye with all things rueben. The matzo ball soup was simply the best I've ever tasted! The Tricky Ricky sandwich was off the chain! You can taste the love and care that goes into this food! Plus, they smoke their own bacon, fish and pork! No, it's not kosher but it's definitely worth a visit!

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Love Josh's Deli”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We were staying at The St. Regis in Bal Harbour. Not wanting to have a $75 lunch at one of the hotel restaurants, we went exploring one afternoon and came upon Josh's Deli. Actually, the funny part is that we were in the mood for sushi, but the sushi place was actually closed. Josh's was a few doors down and we were delighted with our lunch. While I wouldn't consider this a health food type of joint, I felt the food was of high quality and well executed. I ordered a turkey sandwich. The turkey was house roasted/smoked, not too salty or fatty, just right. My husband ordered the corned beef and pastrami. Both were delicious and on rye bread that was just perfect. Service was great and friendly. It is a must try if you are looking for a simple, delicious lunch.

• Visited August 2013
“Delicious food, amazing atmosphere”
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

I love Josh's deli. They have the best Caesar salad I've ever tasted. The co-ops at night are wonderful as well. My favorite!

• Visited June 2013
Richmond
“Third time is the charm”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

First, we were too late (they close at 3:30), then we planned to go the next day-nope closed Wednesday, finally we made it on Thursday. Chocolate egg cream was just as I remember from NY in the 1950's. (He) had corned beef and was very happy. I had the pastrami-cured salmon - really tasty! Good half-sour pickles are hard to come by outside NY, but Josh's are yummy - does he make them himself? One disappointment - I had read that he made his own chopped liver, but alas, not true anymore. He says that no one ordered it, but he was happy to give me his recipe.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Josh's Deli? Share your experiences!