“Very Luxurious Accommodations”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Medina, Saudi Arabia
“Very Luxurious Accommodations”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

we stayed for four nights in a king suite. Everything about the hotel was wonderful. The staff were extremely nice and friendly always smiling. Poolside was also great. If you're a night person, check the sunset view suites.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jalloun
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel Surfside, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Jalloun, thank you for giving Grand Beach Hotel Surfside the top traveler rating. We are always happy to learn when our guests have had a joyful stay with us. Thank you for sharing such kind words of our room accommodations, overall hotel grounds, and staff service attitude. We are glad you joined us by the pool and enjoyed the time spent there. We will look forward to welcoming you on your return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 5 June 2014

In my hotel room at the Grand Beach Hotel Surfside I had cash in my wallet in my handbag but when I came back from the day at the beach I was missing $110 of my money. I called the reception in the evening and later on the manager responded on the phone saying she will follow up. The following and last day I asked again on the status of the missing money when checking out. The receptionist could not help me further but letting me know on behalft of the manager that it is my own fault not putting it in the save. Ok this is true but I would just not expect this in such an exclusive hotel.
But then I was really surprised that no manager talked to me in person about that.
I asked the receptionist if it is then possible to compensate somehow the missing money and take off ONE breakfast of the bill. "No, this is not possible", said the receptionist.
I can say that I am by fare more disappointed about the reaction of the hotel than on the fact that I miss so much money which is clear that it was somebody from the hotel staff.
This left a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth when I left this hotel, where I spent 12 days including my birthday which was not recognized either.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Stephanie H
Dear Stephanie H, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and concerns of our property. We are very sorry to read of the unpleasant happening you experienced. It is unfortunate that it became the reason for disappointment with your overall stay onsite with us. As TripAdvisor reviews are anonymous, we were not able to track down your reservation to investigate this further. We would like to identify the specifics of your vacation and address them accordingly to avoid recurrence, I have sent you a private message via TripAdvisor /click “my account” then “messages” to view/ which contains our contact details here at the hotel. We would very much welcome the opportunity to speaking with you again and serving you once more. Please accept our apologies.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed her for a family event and were very blown away! First let me start off with saying there are actaully 2 Grand Beach Hotels in Miami Beach. We stayed at the Grand Beach Surfise. Its located at 9449 Collins Ave, Miami Beach.This hotel is gorgeous. The beach is directly behind the hotel (no crossing the street here). We had 6 diffrent rooms and the hotel was nice enough to put us all on the same floor. We had a 2 bedroon suite overlooking the pool and beach area. The rooms are so spacious and clean. We had a total of three full bathrooms and could sleep 10 if we had too...comfortablely. The down side is that there are only 3 tiny drawers for the whole suite. Closet space isnt very much either. Prepare to live out of your suitcase. Believe me when I tell you the view will makeup for everything! Hats off to the lobby bar. Every kind of drink we ordered was delicious. The best Pomergranate Margarita ever. on the 12th floor the adult pool and bar have an almost 360 view of Miami and the beach. I am definatley visitng agian this year.

Room Tip: if you can afford it, get the ocean view. Beautiful view. The valet is $32.00 a day. The hotel restu...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank aryhdz10
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel Surfside, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear aryhdz10, it means so much to us that you spent such a joyful visit with us at the Grand Beach Hotel Surfside. It has been our pleasure to serve you and your family during your stay. We greatly appreciate the positive reinforcement you have shared of our spacious room accommodations and the spectacular views they have to offer. We are glad our rooftop pool area also managed to surprise you and provide you with a comfortable and beautiful area to spend some quiet, quality family time. Thank you for the lovely remarks you have made of our lobby bar. We could not be happier to read that our bartenders managed to meet your preferences to perfection each and every time you ordered a drink. We appreciate you trusting us as the accommodation of your family gathering. We cannot wait to welcome you back later this year. Do not hesitate to contact us, if we can assist you when planning your trip.
London, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel was a wonderful surprise. My all white room was gorgeous especially when the turquoise ocean view was the backdrop. The lobby, beach, roof deck and free wifi all contributed to my too short stay. Oh, that rooftop deck serves light meals and bevreges right at your designer lounge chairs. Magnifique!

Room Tip: Most rooms are very large. I was travelling alone for two nights and was interested in reducing expe...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank jetgirl-9
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel Surfside, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear jetgirl-9, thank you for your delightful review of your stay with us at the Grand Beach Hotel Surfside. It is with pleasure that we learn that our amenities and services onsite have managed to deliver a five-star experience to you in the duration of your stay with us. We appreciate your positive mention of our room accommodation and rooftop deck. We will be delighted to greet you back for a longer stay in the near future.
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful experience at this hotel! The hotel itself and the facilities are very beautiful, the food and the drinks are very good, and not to mention most important of all; their staff is amazing! They really make you feel welcome, they are not snobby and they do all they can to make you feel happy and satisfied!
To sum it all up - The Grand Beach Hotel Surfside will give you a wonderful luxurious experience!

Room Tip: Choose a room towards the beach front, amazing views!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Milla007
Dear Milla007, it means so much to us that you enjoyed your stay onsite. WE are really pleased that our rooms and facilities met your expectations and needs. It is even more rewarding to hear that the entire team was friendly, helpful with a can-do attitude and everyone was efficient in their aim to assist you. We would like to thank you for your recommendation of our property and would like to invite you to join us again soon, as it would be our pleasure to serve you again.
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Attentive, friendly staff, beautiful rooms, directly on the beach. Fantastic running/walking and bike trail in front of the hotel. Only valet parking on premises, so be prepared for an extra $30+ per day. They are building an annex across the street from the main hotel, so there may be less expensive rooms in the near future.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ocean side of the hotel as there was construction on the "sunset view" si...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel Surfside, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Mary M, thank you for the high rating and excellent feedback you have given the Grand Beach Hotel Surfside. We could not be happier to read of your satisfaction with our room accommodations and direct beach access. We are even more thrilled to hear of the wonderful encounters you have had with staff members throughout the hotel. We apologize, if the valet parking charge was on the more expensive end and we hope you will be happy to hear that we charge one of the lowest valet parking fees in the area. Furthermore, we do not enforce mandatory, daily resort fees to our guests in contrast to many other properties in the area. Thank you for sharing your opinion, we hope you will return to property soon.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Just an amazing place to have a relaxed vacation, beautiful and clean rooms, super spacious, quite location, crystalline water, excellent service everywhere, in the restaurants, the pool area, the beach, everywhere!

Room Tip: You have to see the ocean, beautiful at any time, higher floors near the tranquility pool, great to...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Miroslava_Petrov, Social Media Representative at Grand Beach Hotel Surfside, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Blanca M, thank you for taking the time out of your day to inform us of your most recent experience here at the Grand Beach Hotel Surfside. We could not be happier when reading your review of our hotel. We are thrilled to know that the beautiful, clean, spacious rooms and quite beachfront location delivered the five-star experience we aim after for all our guests. What we are most excited about are the wonderful interactions you have had with staff members onsite and the efficient and helpful service attitude they all have. Thank you sincerely for your opinion. We appreciate it and hope to have you stay with us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfside
Grand Beach Hotel
Sun Harbour Boutique Hotel
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach
#89 of 208 in Miami Beach

Been to Grand Beach Hotel Surfside? Share your experiences!