“Old Chicken”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The Sonnys on Timberlane is the Worst ! Their chicken was at least a day old, dry, threw it away! Either they need the money so bad that they serve bad food or they don't care!

1  Thank Thbull
There are newer reviews for Sonny's BBQ

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We ordered their 4 meat combo + 2 sides for only $13.49, an excellent value! The brisket is among the best we ever have. The pull pork was very good too but the rib was not quite falls off the bone as advertised although it still tasted good. The chicken seemed a bit dry on the surface, but after the (dry) skin was picked out, the meat underneath was juicy, tender and tasty. Their BBQ beans side is also very good. The interior of this restaurant is no frill but spacious with amply of parking at the front. It offers a fulfilling meal with good value.

SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

MojaveMaxNewYork, thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed our BBQ! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you all again soon!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

My husband & I both had $6.99 barbecue plates. His included a drink, sandwich & fries. Mine was bread, meat & 2 sides. Then came the shocker: a 25% discount for seniors. Our bill was $11.43. The choice of barbecue sauces is excellent, their barbecue is fab, & their mac 'n' cheese is the best I've ever tasted.

SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Judy19, thank you for the great review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our BBQ. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Please don't eat at Sonny's BBQ I worked there if you seen the food they way they prepared it it will make you sick to your stomach. I have seen the workers drop food in the kitchen and picked it backed up and used it. that is uncalled for. The kitchen is so nasty its FILTHY. And i called the Health Department and they told me there was nothing they could do about it. Nothing they could do about it that's wrong. And the BBQ it self is not even good. And when i quit because the management is so DISRESPECTFUL to the employee's they told me i will not receive my paycheck and that there was nothing i could do about it. And they are right they don't have to pay you if you quit or get fired. So i have never receive my paycheck and never will. I don't know who they payoff to get away with it but they can do whatever they want to do. So i need to let everyone know please don't work there cause they will screw you on your pay and don't eat there cause they drop food on the floor and use it. That is nasty. So if you eat there and you get sick remember i have WARN you. So eat and work there at your own risk.

Jim W, thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. We do not agree with the behaviors you have mentioned and agree that it is not ok. Please email us ASAP with this information, including the location, so that we can bring it to the attention of our corporate staff. We would appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I love Sonny's BBQ and expected the usual great food that I have had at other locations. This was awful. I was in a hurry to get back on the road, otherwise I would have sent this meal back. My pulled pork sandwich was a (literal) scoop of mush meat, like frozen grocery store BBQ, that nowhere covered the bun. The cinnamon butter for my baked sweet potato had been merely waved over the cinnamon bottle and the potato was tiny. I had to request my drink to go, which is not a big thing, but in every other Sonny's I have been to the waitress practically insists that I take a drink to go. Otherwise the service was okay. I am sorry to give any restaurant a bad review but avoid this one. It just doesn't live up to the Sonny's reputation.

SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Anne J, thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent experience with us. Please send us an email at Social@SonnysBBQ.com with further details about your visit, including the location, so that we can address the issues you had encountered. We would greatly appreciate your feedback.