“Better than Expected”

Ranked #57 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Atlanta
“Better than Expected”
Reviewed 17 May 2009

Stayed at the FP Tally for one night on business. The hotel is extremely clean, has plenty of space, and includes a nice little bar and sitting area. My guest room was large and the flat screen TV was on a swivel mount which came in handy. The only bad thing about this hotel would be location. A cab ride to the bars downtown costs around $35 one-way.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Baton Rouge, LA
Reviewed 14 January 2009

The hotel can be hard to find but it is a nice little hotel. The rooms are on the smaller side but are comfortable and stylish. What a relief to stay in a moderately priced hotel without ugly flower bedspreads and nasty carpet. The hotel has a nice exercise room and a bar if you are interested. I recommend this one if you are in Tallahassee.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Everywhere
Reviewed 17 November 2008

We were in need of a nice property to host one of our conventions, none of the hotels in the area were accommodating due to football games taking place the same weekend. Chris in Sales (and the rest of the crew) jumped through hoops for us very, very accommodating and organized, we have never experienced such incredible service in the past with hotels for our conventions. We'd also like to thank the front desk people for always being so friendly and helpful with our clients and us.

This hotel really cares about its Guests and Vendors, and that is unusual to find these days. We recommend this property to everyone.

• Liked — The Staff
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
Louisiana
Reviewed 28 September 2008

My husband, daughter and I stayed at this hotel for one night on the way back from Disneyworld.
We thought the hotel was gorgeous!!!! Even our 3 year old thought it was really nice!
We went down for breakfast and we were told that there would be a complimentary continental breakfast from 6:00 to 10:30 by the girl at the front desk when we checked in. Well, when we showed up @10:15 we were told that not only was there not a complimentary breakfast but that they were closing and we couldn't have breakfast, we were a little disappointed.
The waiter said he would check to see if we could order something to bring back to our room. We were fine with that. The chef Samuel came out and said to us that he would make us whatever we wanted and not to worry that he would take care of us, and that we could absolutely stay and eat in the restaurant.
The waiter made me a fresh pot of coffee before he left his shift. Samuel made us feel so welcome and took care of our daughter by making her mickey mouse pancakes!
Shortly after that, we met Alex the Assistant Manager and he was wonderful as well!
We thought the service was excellent and Alex and Samuel were really special!
This hotel has only been opened for about six months but if they continue to give excellent service like what we received they will do very well.
The price of the room was really reasonable and well done. They gave out a free bottle of water! Who does that these days.
Thank you again, Samuel and Alex!
The Kelly's

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank Shopgirl8
florida
Reviewed 28 July 2008

I had to be in the Tallahassee area for the weekend In late July. I was traveling with two of my sisters one of which is seven months pregnant. I am not familiar with the area and decided to let priceline choose my hotel. From looking at the hotels website Iwas pleased with what I had ended up with for a bid of 45$. Before we arrived I called the hotel and asked that they do what they could to make us comfortable, mentioning my sister's condition, and from the very polite nature of the girl on the phone, I expected a nice weekend. We arrived late at night and found the the location of the hotel to be very challenging to find due to lots of highway construction nearby, even with the use of a GPS. We entered our room to find two double beds one of which was literally a foot away from the swing of the door. The room was very tiny. There was one sink in the bathroom with a tiny border of counterspace. It was not quite what I had expected after talking to the front desk and viewing the web site. The amenities were clean and new for the most part, flat screen tv, nice comfortable mattress, soft sheets, clean rug under foot, a working A/C. Upsetting though, there wasn't a refridgerator (hasn't that become pretty much standard these days?), the hallway smelled of musty wet dog, and the lobby's coffee in the morning cost $1.50( good thing there was a Starbuck's nearby) and the next morning my car had been in the splatter line of some disposing of a fast food bag and milkshake in the parking lot as they drove by. We didn't do much in the hotel but use it to sleep and shower. I guess I got my moneys worth. I'd describe it as a Days Inn with a cleaned up, spiffy paint job, some new cheap furniture and a decent lobby. Glad I booked on priceline and got a deal. I'd try someplace else next time.

• Liked — cleanliness and comfort
  • Disliked — no fridge
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family