Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee I-10 East
Ranked #47 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
“Bathrooms”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Me being myself, I am absolutely terrified of hotels in general. There have been countless times when I have been on road trips and passed up hotels, and just decided to sleep in the car. Last night I stayed here and to the say the least it was acceptable. When I got to the room I made sure that there were no obvious signs of uncleanliness, in the room itself and it was alright for a one night stay for a few hours it was decent, the thing that was the most digusting was the bathroom you could tell that the floor counter top and tub had not been cleaned there was hair and dirt spots that were easy to see. So if you are in a pinch I would stay, but if you can avoid it, try and do so

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Overall good stay. The hotel is showing its age with some wear. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was standard Country Inn fare but good. My only real complaint is no cookies at the desk.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Spring Branch, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Room was nice, bathroom clean, employees friendly and helpful. Food was really good. Surrounding area of hotel is nice and clean and close to grocery stores, gas stations and the highway. Hotel is located in a pretty quiet part of the city, but just off the highway.

Room Tip: Maybe not stay on the first floor near major doorways or facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Stayed here for one night on a business trip. It was fine, got a decent night's sleep and served its purpose. But the litany of problems was somewhat annoying.

Let's see: the AC was off when I checked into my room even though it was 80-plus degrees outside; Internet connection was totally unadvertised and on the fritz; no cellular reception on my AT&T, Verizon or Sprint devices; and the vending machine (the only source of cold water) was out of basically everything.

I would add that the breakfast was awful, even for a free breakfast. For example: who serves only sausage and French toast for hot items? No eggs, no potatoes, nothing? So I had weak coffee, wheat toast and some fruit. I would've been happier had it been a tolerable Continental breakfast.

It was fine and no more, and an excellent deal for somewhere near I-10. But I would plan to bring bottled water with you, and eat breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Florida
Reviewed 8 March 2013

This was better than we expected. We expected the worst. I am giving a "very good" review because we really did enjoy our room. Had we been in an average room, probably would have just given it an average rating. This hotel is very clean though. Cleaning staff is doing a great job.

We were upgraded to a one room suite. Our room was Very nice! Staff we dealt with was really nice. The owner came the 2nd day, he didn't seem very warm and fuzzy. He never spoke to us, but just got an unpleasant vibe. He just kind of watches you and never smiles. Glad I got to deal with his staff instead! His hotel would probably get better reviews if he would stay out of site in the office and let his staff take charge. Glad I got to deal with his staff instead!

The breakfast was average- fruit, yogurt, powdered eggs, waffels, cereal. Glad to have it though. We didn't have any issues with the internet until about 9pm. Around that time had to try other connections. (the hotel luckily does have several connections)
There is a waffle house next door, but other than that, you have to drive a good ten minutes to find any decent restaurants.
Bed was average. Not super comforable, but ok for one night.

Room Tip: I'd pay the extra $20 for a 1 bedroom suite.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
stardestiny, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee I-10 East, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Thank You for your review and input. I am very sorry that you feel management was not pleasent. Please understand that I train each and every one of my staff to have a smile and to be very friendly with our guest, so I find it odd that I would be the one to recieve a bad review under this topic. My moto is and always will be "The Customer always come's first!" I hope to have you return and I can assure that I will greet you at the front door with a smile. Thank You again, as always I appreciate your review and will continue to work towards perfection.
florida
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I travel for work and choose hotels that advertise free wireless internet. It is VERY important for me to be able to work in the evenings at my hotel which is why internet access is a must. This hotel advertises free internet access but it is so bad that you can't really use it. This is not a business traveler friendly hotel. If you are sightseeing and just need a place to stay, it's not bad however the rooms are small and the breakfast (although free) is not the best. I had to go back downstairs almost every night to get coffee for the room as the maids seem to forget that all week long.

I will say that the for the most part the front desk staff was very nice.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
I am so sorry to here that you had troubles with the internet. As stated from our previous reviews we do give the guest several WI-FI options in order to assure you are satisfied and able to stay logged on. I have a technician out today and I hope that if any and all issues will be resolved. Again we apologise and hope you give us another chance to perfect. Thanks Again!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Security, personnel,and professionalism are only a few issues at this property. The property seems to allow long term residence that pose security issues. My sleep was interrupted by an altercation in the hall and when I called the desk clerk it was not addressed. It's obvious it's about the bottom line and not the quality of service provided to guest. The Country Inn & Suites standards I've come to expect are lacking.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee I-10 East, responded to this review, 13 January 2013
We apologize for the problems you encountered while staying at our hotel. We take your comments very seriously and will use them for training and to improve our standards. Please contact us directly at 1-800-967-9182 if you have any further concerns.