“Great value and very clean”

WoodSpring Suites Tallahassee East
Ranked #35 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Miami, Florida
“Great value and very clean”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I have been staying at value place Tallahassee east for 3 months now and it is truly the best deal in town. The staff and management are very friendly and the hotel property is always very clean. I would highly recommend thus hotel!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Tallahassee East, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
We are thrilled you decided to stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We will do our best to ensure you continue to enjoy your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed here for 2 weeks while waiting to close on my new home. Staff was very friendly and helpful and attended to all my special requests. Management was very nice and I could tell they take pride in the properties cleanliness. Great price for any one looking to stay more than 5 nights would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Tallahassee East, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to give your feedback for our Tallahassee East property. It is our goal with each and every guest to have complete satisfaction and an enjoyable stay. We are happy that you feel we have done so. We do hope if you need a hotel in the future that Value Place will be your hotel of choice. Thank you again.
Beverly Hills, Florida
Reviewed 22 October 2013

When I 1st arrived the beginning of Feb 13 things were a bit questionable, but the entire staff turned over shortly thereafter. The new Value Place (VP) Assistant Manager came in 1st and hired an entirely new Team of personnel who all are very professional, courteous and caring. If you have a need within their ability to help you with they are right on it. I am limited due to a handicap and they are always doing things above, beyond and out of the ordinary for me without me even asking for anything. The new Team is excellent and the facility has greatly improved since their arrival. I spend a lot of time here so I just rent on four week cycles and continually renew even when I am gone for a week or two. I work in Tallahassee and spend 22 to 30 days a month here and only go home on some weekends and for medical appointments. So I have a good insight into the VP and its services for the customer, that I would say are really good with the influx of the new Team.
In addition the one main negative was the tiny outdate TVs, but they have since been changed out for much larger Flat Screen TVs. Also the beds are vey firm. If you do not like very firm beds and are staying a long time bring or invest in a bed pad as the beds are very firm to the point of being hard.

Don
Customer dates: Feb 2013 to Present

Room Tip: - Always stay away from the elevator if possible as that will be the noisiest area. - Storage...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stayed here for 2 weeks.
Walk ways smells, rooms doesn't
Except the day manager Ginger , I had no issues with any one, every one else was nice and friendly.
She is rude is in all ways listening to our requests. I had a mail thats scheduled to deliver on monday(March 25) and I had leave the hotel by firday(March 22nd) evening into an apartment.. I requested to hold mail for one day so I can pick it up.... She didn't accept for it...

Unfortunately the USPS guy attempted to deliver by Saturday 23rd and when I called this manager on monday morning(March 25th) to check if she had returned or holding my mail.. She told no mail and hangs up, when I callback for more details .. She doesn't pick up my phone...

She definetly needs to be changed. Worst manager.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank KD1234512345
Albany, Georgia
Reviewed 6 March 2013

My husband stayed here for 1 week when he started a new job in Town and could not find an apartment in time to move. The night manager on duty was very kind but the day manager was a totally different story. My hubby works night shift 11pm-8am, so naturally he sleeps during the day. The manager on duty during the day would continuously wake him 2 hours or so after he went to sleep because she got a call for a light bulb being out, and had the wrong room, but instead she inconvenienced my hubby so she could check the light herself instead of taking his word for it that she had the wrong room. My husband had made arrangements and asked the night manager before his check out date if it would be a problem to come back and get some sleep and check out on Sat evening before he left for work. This was not a problem with him, but the day manager was a totally different story. She pounded on his door 2 hours after he went to sleep, and kicked him out of the hotel. He explained the situation to her, but she would not listen to him at all, so he packed his stuff and loaded the car. When he went to make another trip up to his room to get the rest of his belongings, the day manager locked his room key out and he was unable to return to his room to gather his belongings. He spent 15 minutes looking for her to get her to open his door, and she refused! He started screaming at her saying "So you are kicking me out with 2 hours of sleep and you are refusing to allow me to get my belongings out of the room so I can leave?" She refused to speak to my hubby stating that he was being hostile.....well you would be too if you got woken up 2 hours after you went to sleep and being thrown out! After my hubby yelled loud enough to bring a crowd of people out of their rooms to see what was going only then would she agree to allow him access to his room to get the rest of his belongings.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank CathyH31705
Reviewed 8 December 2012

If you are looking for a Residence Inn type hotel with the typical amenities, this is not the place. You do get what you pay for. It is a hybrid of a hotel and an apartment.

Positives: Staff is friendly and really does try to make sure your stay is good. The price - I rented on four-week cycles and it is a lot cheaper than an apartment with a lease and paying for everything like electricity, water, cable, etc. Convenience: The East location is close to a lot of reataurants, Wal-Mart is across the street, and shopping near by. The laundry is decent as well. They clean the room every two weeks. The hotel and the grounds are clean and well-kept.

Challenges: I was by myself, so I had the smallest room. It is advertised for up to two, but the bed is small as is the room and really doesn't accommodate more than one comfortably. The bed - it is hard and has no box spring but that is due to the added storage room under the bed. The TV - Simply put, it is small and hard to see and really outdated. The cable/satellite system. This is only fair. While it has a lot of channels, it lacks several, too. It would have been nice to have a PBS station available. Room for your clothes. Minimal at best - if you are here for any length of time you will truly live out of your suitcase. The Internet. This perhaps is the most annoying thing at Value Place. First, it is accessed by Ethernet Cord and is not wireless - bad to start with for a hotel. Second, many people bring their own routers and their system has trouble with interference from them. They charge $10 per week for this which I understand given the low price of staying here, but on the other hand is outrageous for Ethernet. Also without wireless, smartphones burn data minutes vs. using wireless. Supplies - once you go through the toilet paper, trash can liners, soap etc., you have to buy them yourself - that's the hybrid part of staying here.

All in all, Value Place is a good place to stay and I would recommend it for extended stays mainly because of the price. If you compare, you will see. I have been here going on three months and it works for me.

Room Tip: If you are two or more, get the largest room you can.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Elkton, Virginia
Reviewed 21 September 2012

You get what you pay for is true in this situation. Although the place is clean the beds are small and hard. More like a bunkie bed with no box spring. They upgraded us to a room with two beds which was good because the two of us could not sleep together comfortably and we are not big people! We woke up at 3 in the morning burning up. Asked about the air conditioning and was told it was on a sensor to save money. So if you aren't up and about the air conditioner does not work. We had to go out and buy a fan. The commode will not flush unless you hold the handle down the whole time. Tv is so small you need a magnifying glass to see it. My white booties were dirty after a few trips across the carpet. The kitchen stove has a stove with two burners and microwave and fridge and sink. It is what it is.... Would rather have paid extra to have a nicer bed to sleep in and stay cool at night. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple