“Good, stylish room. Poor service”

Aloft Tallahassee Downtown
Ranked #14 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Exeter
“Good, stylish room. Poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

This is probably more of a business hotel than for tourists and consequently over the weekend when we stayed they were very short staffed and the room was not made up. We did request that it was done as we wanted to return in the afternoon for a rest but the cleaner explained that her shift was over. Similarly the front desk was being run by students, one of whom showed no interest in helping guests and just wanted to get on with her essay!
Although supposedly a boutique hotel the building is unattractive and fairly utilitarian.
However, the room was good,high spec and all the necessary equipment, fridge, hairdryer, lovely shower, fluffy towels. Also pool was a good size .Hotel well situated for the city but on a Sunday night we could not find an open restaurant.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ExeterHilary
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about they trendy style of the hotel. We do apologize for the issue you experienced with us and hope you give us another try. If you would like to reach me, please feel free to send me an email, patsy.pagan@alofthotels.com, I would be happy to speak with you further.

Patsy Pagan
Aloft Hotel Downtown Tally

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

We stayed at the aloft in June and in May while visiting FAMU. We chose the hotel because we could use Starwoods Points to pay for our stay. The hotel is pretty new, it's clean, and it's centrally located. aloft's are not what I would call luxurious, but the hotel serves the purpose and will be our first choice when we come to Tallahassee.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Long Beach, Mississippi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

Staff did not seem to be able to handle a traveling family. We were in Tallahassee and had our son with us on a summer business trip. It seems that unless you were under 25 and single you couldn't get any of the staffs attention, especially downstairs.

The layout was ok, very light and airy and overall the building was clean. The location can't be beat and the tapas at the bar was tasty.

They had a few items for kids however; several members of the staff ruined the entire experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MichaelJC
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 29 August 2011
MichaelJC,

I do apologize for the issue you had with us and appreciate your comments. We hope for another try and if you would like to reach out to me, please feel free to call or email.

Patsy Pagán
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

I travel to Louisiana often, and Tallahassee is the half way point. Normally we stay by the interstate, but this time I wanted to try something new. I wasn't expecting much, considering how low the price was, but the pictures online were trendy and cool. We had our small dog with us too, and were pleased to find they accept pets with no fee! When we checked in, the lady at the desk was very nice. The room was clean, comfortable and unique. My 5 year old loved the fact that the pool was open until 11, considering we didn't get there until 9:30pm. They had a very nice dog walking area, lovely breakfast, and a great bar. The only complaint, which isn't really a complaint more of an inconvenience, was there was no tub in the room only a shower, which made bathing my son difficult. Otherwise, I will be back everytime I'm in the area!!!

Room Tip: Request a top floor, the view is beatiful!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

Very modern decor and extremely clean. The room was perfect for our family of four. Within walking distance to many restaurants and convenient to the FSU campus. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 2 August 2011
Great Comments EllenFSU!

Bring your family to visit any time. Go Noles!

Patsy M. Pagan
Aloft Hotel Downtown Tallahassee
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

I don't even know where to start. I am a Starwood preferred guest and I have stayed at Weston hotels all over the world. I was shocked. When I walked the first thing I noticed was the loud music. The entire down stairs area is a bar. When I got off the elevator the odor on my floor was horrible, it smelled like skunk. The room looked like it was decorated with Ikea furniture. If I hadn't driven 9 hours I would have left. There are no amenities, no bell hop. There was a charge for parking and the I was afraid that my car was going to get broken into. The hotel didn't have a restaurant. I am going to contact corporate and let them know how disgusting this hotel was.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Susans45
I am very sorry that our hotel did not fit your needs. The Aloft Brand comes from the W Hotel, but we are not full service. We are trendy, with music playing 24/7, open space area that includes a bar. Our rooms are simple and designed to be GREEN efficient. If I can help you with anything else, please feel free to contact me!

Patsy M. Pagan
Aloft Hotel Downtown Tallahassee
atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

Cool "loft" style. Enjoyed a cocktail at the pool. Comfortable lounge area. Most front desk people extremely frinedly and helpful. Provided maps to local eateries.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 18 July 2011
jc111atlanta,

Thank you JC11atlanta for the great comments about your stay with us! Come back soon!

Patsy Pagan