“Absolutely Loved it!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Orlando
“Absolutely Loved it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

First time guest here on Christmas Eve 2011 for just one night, Everything was totally perfect, Quick friendly checkin, Requested a Pool view from reading here about the noise on Monroe Street it faces, No noise whatsoever that I noticed since I did that, Great Beds, Great Plasma TV, Excellent bath and Shower, Very modern and Clean. Inroom coffee was even good, wish I would have ask for another regular coffee filter and two more creams for two free cups, My room said Expresso maker however had a one cup coffee machine which was Perfect. I am looking now to book an ALoft in Charlotte soon, I told All my relatives in town if they have anyone asking for a great hotel they Cannot go wrong with this Aloft!

Room Tip: Pool view away from Monroe and Call Streets.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Travelwhenigotta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Tallahassee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

I am an Aloft follower and always will be. Like all Alofts, the building is fun inside and out. This location has history and Aloft should let people know about it. The property use to have the Floridian Hotel on it and if you look at the picture of the Floridian, it looks like the Aloft (just turned around). However, Aloft brings the updated look and FUN. The staff and rooms are welcoming and accommodating. The beds are comfortable, but the pillows are very soft. All of the halls and common areas are nice and clean, even the nice parking lot that is properly lit for security. The one con for this location is that it is VERY NOISY. It does not appear that anyone thought about the location and how much traffic goes by. The hotel is on the corner of Monroe Street and Tennessee Street and they are both busy all day and night. My wife and I were on the Monroe Street side and on the seventh floor. Even though we were as high up as we could get, we were awoken several times during the night by loud music coming from the vehicles and trucks going by. If I stay again, we will request seventh floor and with a pool view. We also had some inconsiderate people on our floor, but I could not locate what room they were in. A solution to help with these two problems was to turn the fan to on, not on auto (makes it constantly run to drowned out the noise).
There are things to do if you are not going to the FSU or FAMU games. The hotel has a nice pool, but the sun will not get to you until later in the day and even then you may not get it because of the buildings. The lobby has a pool table and bar that are fun. The capital building is less than mile south on Monroe. The Challenger Learning Center is about a mile away and is off of Bronough Street. This place is fun for kids and the IMAX is there too. There is a chain of parks that are very nice to walk and they have events going on sometimes. The Civic Center is about two miles away, but it is easy to get to and I think they will shuttle you there (ask when you make reservations). For places to eat you will have to look around. The hotel has food, but it is VERY expensive. If you walk south on Adams Street you come to the downtown area that has food, bars, and clubs. If it is a weekday, there are places on Monroe Street as well. However, the downtown area closes at about 9-10pm unless you are clubbing and hanging with the college crowd. If you need to know more, let me know. Otherwise ENJOY Tallahassee and Aloft.

Room Tip: Request a pool view room on the Call Street side and on the seventh floor. This mayhelp with noise f...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank eagle_gsu
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 6 December 2011
My Aloft Follower!!!!

Amazing comments about the Aloft Hotel Downtown Tallahassee. I appreciate you informing the other tripadvisor followers about Talllahassee and our hotel. If I can help you with other Aloft locations, please call or write me.

Vision Statement.To be a company that promotes an environment for the ministry of serving others.

At your service,

Patsy Pagan
Miami Fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

The Aloft is a very nice hotel in downtown Tallahassee with large flat screen TVs , super cool lobby and it is pet friendly. It is two years old and has a totally different concept about hotel rooms. If you like a conventional hotel room , this one may not be for you but if you like something very nice but different , then you should check this hotel if you are going to be in tallahasse. Lots of parking and close to really good restuarants.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

This hotel is very hip and modern. Nicely designed rooms with comfortable beds. If you are coming to Tallahasse this is one of the best hotels in the city. The property is pretty new and the management is great. Had a small issue with taking a cold shower during a football weekend(they had a plumbing issue which was fixed) and the manager was very nice and offered to make it right(which she did). This is my favorite hotel in Tallahasse and plan to stay there every time I visit.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
AWESOME Comments!!!

Thank you! Please come back soon, we wait for your arrival!

If I can help you, please feel free to reach out to me!

Aloft Hotel Downtown
Louisville< KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

My family stayed here over the Thanksgiving holiday while visiting relatives. We loved almost everything about it. Rooms were cool and the beds were comfortable. My son and I were ale to play pol in the lobby and later, my wife and I were able to enjoy a cocktail. In the rom, the huge wall mounted flatscreen TV was perfect for falling asleep to football games!! Parking was a whopping 5 bucks and right next door! Also, staff was friendly and accommodating.

Two drawbacks - the workout facilities were a bit limited. Also, we had a couple of hours free and since he weather was nice we thought we would hit the nice outdoor pool. Unfortunately, it is entirely in the shade from the hotel itself. Will definately make this our Tallahassee home when in town!

Room Tip: The hallways are not that long but I always try to get as far from the elevator a I can.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 28 November 2011
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us over Thanksgiving! We wait for your return, Christmas?

At your service,

Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

This is the first time that we stayed at aLoft Hotel and I was very impressed. We had a group meeting and the space was very compact and convenient. Rooms were not large, but were well layed out and had great lighting. The lounge food was great at happy hour prices as were the drinks. There was a lot of plugs if you have lots of electronics to plug in and the lobby area was great for gathering for drinks or for a meeting. Pool table was a nice added addition. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Had to move from a room that was on the street side to the other side of the hall as the vehicle tra...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 14 November 2011
Love your comments, Nicely priced and very convenient!

Thank you so much.

Aloft Tallahassee
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

We just returned from a weekend stay at Aloft in Tallahassee. It was our third time staying there as our son goes to Florida State. The hotel is right downtown close to restaurants and within walking distance (about 20 minutes) to the FSU campus. The hotel has a very modern feel as it is part of the W Hotel chain. The lobby has a nice bar and plenty of seating. The rooms are well appointed with comfortable beds, plenty of counter/desk space for your things, a small refrigerator, and a large flat screen TV. Wi-fi is free and bottled water is complimentary. We have found the rooms to be immaculate each time we have stayed there. I would recommend asking for a room overlooking the pool as that side of the hotel is much quieter than the side that faces Monroe. We like Aloft and will stay there on our next trip to Tallahassee.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool and parking lot are quieter
Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 1 November 2011
We are in the heart of downtown Tallahassee and walking distance to all the hot spots!

We appreciate your comments and wait for your return!