“Great hotel”

Ranked #14 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Bridel, Luxembourg
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed with friends for one night in March. We had no reservations but got 2 very nice rooms. Each room was equipped with the newest furniture or technical equipment. Very clean and decent, cool design. We even could park our motorcycles in front of the door, which is not necessarily the case at other hotels. The young girl working at the bar at night was very nice and friendly too. The receptionist recommended us restaurants in the area, was very helpful. If I would return to Tallahassee, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Pierchen,

I will make sure to tell the bar team that you had a great experience at our hotel! We are so proud of our team!

Thank you!

Patsy Pagan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Bowie, MD
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My daughter and I spent 4 nights in the Aloft, Tallahassee. We had a room with two big beds, two picture windows, a refrigerator and a large flat screen tv. We were able to purchase groceries and use the microwave in the lobby area. We had a nice pool and city view. This is not a full-service hotel, but the staff is Great. Grace Kelly (yes, this is her real name) was an excellent staff person. She gave us directions, advice, and was able to get us an extra night's stay using my points, without us having to go through the central reservation office.

The cleaning service was very good and all of the staff at the Aloft were always pleasant. We did not get a chance to use the outdoor pool or the other amenities. My daughter used the weight room which was small but adequate. This was my second visit within a year because my son attends Florida A&M University (FAMU). The Aloft is literally a few minutes drive to FAMU and FSU. Great location to everything in Tallahassee.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Tripthisbowie,

I can not tell you how important your comments are to my team and HOTEL! Thank you so much for taking the time to mention a talent member and how they MADE your experience, special :)

We wait for your return!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This was my first time staying at an ALOFT hotel and I will certainly be staying again for a short stay. It had all the things I needed. Clean rooms, free coffee in the lobby and in the rooms, black out shades, good bed/linens. I would suggest replacing the shampoo and soap dispensers with small bottles instead (our dispenser was broken and took two nights to fix)... but otherwise it worked perfectly..

Room Tip: rooms facing the street are a bit noisy..
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Marthamom,

The Starwood Chain is nice, thank you. The Aloft Hotel Tallahassee is the new twist in travel!

We appreciate you being our guest and hope you share your comments with freinds and family!

At your service,

Orlando
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Not quite Brand New anymore however still one of the Best places to stay in Tally. I asked for a Pool view again as its kinda loud facing Call or Monroe Streets. Nicely equipped room with modern furnishings and finishes, carpet is getting somewhat worn and bed comforter showing some wear however, still very nice. Still the only hotel I would stay at in Tally.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Travelwhenigotta
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Travelwhenigotta.

First, lover your screen name! I wish I had more time to travel, but love work at the Aloft Downtown Tallahassee Hotel. Thank you for your comments, we look to see Travelwhenigotta soon in our hotel!

At your Service,

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We booked a block of rooms for a wedding and we found the hotel to be clean and neat, but heard a lot of negative things from friends and relatives regarding the accommodation. First, I would like to compliment the sales manager and marketing manager for their excellent help in helping me with all the prior arrangements. They were extremely helpful.
Many guests were disappointed that there are no closets and it was too small and sparse. It reminded me of hotels in Europe, so it did not bother me.
The bar was a HUGE problem...drinks were outrageously high, the bar closed so early (12:00)

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel for someone with small children. My daughter had a 3 yr. old and a...
CMCK,

I do thank you for sharing your comments and hope more like us!

At your service.

Meriden, CT
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We recently spent 5 nights at the aloft in Tallahassee, a chain we were unfamiliar with, but will now seek out. The contemporary look was fabulous, and we not only enjoyed our unique room and layout, but the staff was outstanding as well. As first time visitors to Tallahassee, we took advantage of the front desk staff for all our travel information needs, and the shuttle service they provided around the vicinity. We could not have been happier with the two young ladies who provided most of the info and assistance, Grace and Ashlin, as they were so helpful in making our stay so enjoyable. If our travels take us to FSU or Tallahassee again, we will surely return and recommend others to do the same.

Room Tip: Read the reviews to prepare yourself to the unique design if you have not done so as yet. We were o...
MeridenTW,

Awesome Awesome read about your stay with us! We appreciate you taking the time to share!

Many Many thanks,

Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This was our first overnight trip to Tallahassee and we picked the Aloft because we had stayed in others in other cities. It was great! Comfortable room with great bed. The staff was extremely helpful and kind. Can't beat the location for FSU and downtown capitol access. Will stay there whenever we go to Tallahassee!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
CHKMBK,

We do have a great location! I love that you can walk to so many places and enjoy the beautiful Florida Sunshine!

We hope to see you soon!