“Nice Hotel in the Heart of Tallahassee”

Aloft Tallahassee Downtown
Ranked #13 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I've stayed here a few times, and keep coming back in spite of the other hotel options in Tallahassee. Not all Alofts are a nice a this one. The check in process can get a bit confusing - especially if a large group comes in at once, but that is part of the lobby's funky charm. The rooms are great, the value unbeatable, and the location is perfect. I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Boston,

Hi Mr. Boston! I enjoyed reading your comments today. The heart of Tallahassee here we are! Thank you again and we appreciate your loyalty.

GM

Reviewed 13 October 2012

I almost always stay at Starwood Hotel properties. I just like the predictability of the hotel chains.

The aloft Hotel in Tallahassee is a great place. I spent a couple of nights there on a business trip in Florida and I really thought I was in a larger city with a more "urban" footprint. The hotel has a standard aloft layout - with a "bar/night club" like lobby and small, European decor rooms. The location is second-to-none in the heart of old Tallahassee.

A word of caution - this is not a high-end hotel. As such, do not stay here if you are looking for a more premium hotel. It is, however, clean, dependable, and in a great location. In addition, the staff were very professional, accommodating and friendly (love that Southern Hospitality).

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2012

HIP Place in Tallahassee,

We are! Thank you for sharing the news about us! See you next time :)

Reviewed 9 October 2012

Being in our 50ths not where would would normally book , but after a long drive stopped in and was a little taken aback from the young urban design , should of see the look on my face when we entered the room first thought this would be a great place if we were younger lol. The room was very clean modern and cozy , after a walk we headed to the bar again very urben young people's place but once again it was a awful lot of fun , met 4 very nice people at different times exchanged #s with 3 of them uncase the travel to our part of the world (Vancouver) a great evening and spot close to wonderful parks and restaurants ,staff also very good a excellent stay !

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Bravewest

I like guest that take chances and like us! We appreciate you trying our new brand and hope you can share the word with your friends and family.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

The lobby is a great place to hang out either alone or in a group. The rooms are fun, have whimsy and a touch of retro keeping it adult.
Erika in the bar is great.
All areas clean, friendly service available at all times.
I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012

A home away from Home is a great comment about our hotel! Thank you for taking the time to share with everyone!

Reviewed 8 September 2012

In a sentence: a well decorated motel 8. We stayed in a king suite and had problems from the moment we walked into the room. To start, there were brown and yellow stains on the carpet throughout the room. Every single one of the towels and wash clothes in the room had a brown, yellow, or beige stain on them. My husband thought we should just requested an additional set, but quickly realized, what I had already assumed, the new sets were equally disgusting. These extra towels did come in handy though since we now had something to cover the carpet with.

At this point I was uncomfortable & we called down to ask if we could leave without being charged. They quickly offered to switch us to a new room, however while this room had less stains in the carpet, there was more gooey black mold in the shower drain. Unfortunately, around this same time we also discovered that moving to another hotel was not going to be an option due to the massive number of people in town for the first FSU football game. So we prepared for our stay in this grim infested hotel by going to the local CVS to buy our own beach towels and sponges to bath with. Throughout our stay we also discovered mold in our room mini-fridge, two large (pee-like) yellow stains on our duvet and a black one as well. In addition the couch and chair in the room was covered with dust and crumbs. Finally, on our last morning there, we were greeted by a colony of ants on our bathroom counter. This is the worst, most filthiest, disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in & I will never stay in this line of hotels (or their parent company, the W) again!!!!

The only positive thing I can say about his hotel is that the staff is very courteous & professional.

2  Thank Stephanie R
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear Stephanier,

Stephanie, I would like to speak to you over the phone about these comments you shared with us. This is not normaly what I would expect to hear from a past guest. I really would like to apologize and dig deeper to the issue you mentioned. Please call me as soon as you can so I can ensure my next guest do not get into the room you were in, which I do not know which you are speaking of. Thank you for letting me know that my team made you feel welcome during these issues you expereineced.

GM
850-577-5900 direct line

Reviewed 7 September 2012

As soon as I got their staff was great! Our room had a nice view with good storage.
parking was good. The breakfast was good, but would of liked a bit more options.
I got a puppy when I was there, the ladies at the frontdesk where very nice to
let me use a doggie bed and bowls that I didnt think of. So just got to say thank you
in this review.

Room Tip: rooms on pool side a bit load when people there.
1  Thank Mas710
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Mar_rio1225,

Loved your comments about your stay with us! Thank you so much for taking the time to share with the world about your fantastic stay!

Come back soon!

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Absolutely first class! If you have never experienced the quality and service of a boutique European hotel, you must try aloft. The rooms totally pamper your every need for a relaxing stay. From the wonderful feather-beds to the ultra convenient bathroom features to the wide-spectrum tech support and storage amenities, aloft quality just has to be experienced. From the time you walk up to the kiosk check-in until it's time to depart, aloft staff will treat you like royalty. Nothing is too much to ask. We asked for additional towels and were given a stack of fluffy, thick bathsheets. We needed ice, and a bag of ice that more than met our needs was instantly sent to our room. The spectacular bar, back-lit and with a unique led light-infused drink counter is super hip and the bartenders will spoil you with mixology, snacks and appetizers. So now you're thinking $500 per night. Surprise! Our room tab was around $150 tax included - just amazing value! Have to give Eric at the front kiosk and Erica in the bar a special shout-out for spectacular, caring service. European hotel elegance is just around the corner.

Room Tip: Just check in - the staff will do the rest. Other than the usual "avoid elevator proximity"...
1  Thank DocSkier
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2012

VTskiDOC,

AWESOME comments! Thank you so much and I will be sure to share your comments with Ericka and Zareh. Your response is so appreciated. Please share with your friends and let us know when you will be back to stay with us!

At your service,