“Loved it.”

Aloft Tallahassee Downtown
Ranked #13 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Had a very enjoyable stay. Was referred by a few people and glad that I decided to give it a try. Great that the hotel is pet friendly, and provided a bed and treats for my pooch. Not sure if it was just luck, but the other guests' pets were very well behaved too...didn't hear any barking or see any "accidents" on the property. The staff was wonderful. They provided directions and restaurant suggestions, and answered our questions at any time of the day. Was also able to use the hotel shuttle to visit a few places nearby. The room was very comfortable and neat. Yes, a bit trendy, but that's there thing, so I went with it. :-) Appreciated that we were rewarded for being GREEN...the hotel provides a voucher for each night that you don't request new linens. Pretty cool. Food at the xyz was very tasty. My only suggestions for improvement: the gym equipment iPod connections need to be repaired; wish there was a complimentary continental breakfast, not just free coffee and tea; the $5 nightly parking fee is annoying but not the end of the world. I definitely plan to return this summer. I loved it.

Room Tip: Request a "pool-facing" room so you avoid the noise on the street side.
1  Thank EmOhCee
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

Dear EmOhCee,

I love our hotel too!

Thanks !

There are newer reviews for Aloft Tallahassee Downtown

Reviewed 8 May 2013

We have stayed at the Aloft Tallahassee several times while visiting FSU and every stay has been outstanding. The location is ideal, walking distance to downtown as well as the stadium. The staff is always helpful and pleasant,and the lobby and bar area is a great place to relax and hang out. I recommend this property to everyone I know travelling to Tallahassee and will continue to stay there every time I visit!

Room Tip: rooms on the inside allow for less street noise
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank shellybf
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear Shelby :)

The Aloft Hotel is my favorite place in Tallahassee too! Thank you so much Shelby. My team and I really appreciate you writing about your experience at the Aloft Hotel Downtown. See you soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

The Aloft Hotel, a Starwood Brand Hotel that I stay while on business in Downtown, Tallahassee, Florida offers great hospitality. Their front desk staff is empowered to make decissions and offer the guest exceptional service. Their bar service with food and drinks is superb. Mangement is in the lobby each morning meeting and greeting guests making sure their night's stay was as expected.
I have continued to stay here for the last six months. if you like collecting extra points for each day,
of your stay sign up for their go-green program you get either $5 cash coupon to spend at thier lobby
shop or you get the equivalent in points.

Room Tip: Prefer the inner rooms facing the parking lot and pool. Less road noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank britobagh
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear Britobagh,

I really appreciate you noticing the hard work my team puts into service at the Aloft Hotel. We work great as a team and love to hear feedback from guest like you! We wait for your return and again, many thanks!

Reviewed 5 May 2013

The front desk staff made this hotel, every single person we worked was friendly, accommodating and a pleasure! The room was clean and functional and served its purpose. The location is in the center of it all. Great stay and time spent with family.

• Stayed: May 2013
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear Ldenta,

We are first happy that you could stay with us during graduation! FSU and FAMU graduations are so much fun! Exciting time for everyone.

If you have another graduate, please come back to stay with us.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

What more can you expect as a business traveler, a modern hotel with great staff, super clean, wonderful amenities and all within a short distance by car, taxi, on foot or hotel shuttle to Florida's seat of government in Tallahassee. A must stay hotel for the discriminating business traveler or those just looking for a great hotel at a great value. Will stay again and again at ALoft.

1  Thank BVitas

Dear BVitas,

We love the business traveler. We fit your needs and enjoy providing clean, fresh & savvy environment to work in!

Thank you for sharing !

Reviewed 25 April 2013

I came to the Aloft for a short business stay. Everyone was so accommodating and friendly. I was traveling alone, so that was very comforting! Ate in the bar area, great food. Room was clean and very well laid out...big bathroom and great shower. Certainly didn't feel cramped like many other hotel bathrooms. Great beds, too. Very comfortable. But what was most impressive to me was how a potential problem was handled. I was there as a speaker for a conference. I got involved with the conference and forgot to check out. Rather than arguing with me or charging extra, the front desk assisted me pleasantly, said they understood, charged me nothing, and brought my bag to me to save me the trouble. Now that's service with a smile! They are a fine example of how a hotel should treat its customers! Can't wait to go back!

Dear Andrea G,

We can not wait until you come back either! Thank you for the kind words about your stay!

Reviewed 23 April 2013

We LOVE the Aloft!! We stay there whenever possible. We are season ticket holders for FSU football and spend many weekends in the fall. We were just there for the FSU spring game weekend. The think I love most is that they are TRULY dog friendly. They do not charge a penny extra for dogs. You would only have to pay for any damage your dog(s) do, which in our case is none. Other hotels charge extra per night or charge an non-refundable "cleaning" charge. They say that they do extra cleaning after a dog has been in the room. I prefer to stay somewhere that they do extra cleaning in all rooms. My dogs are clean and do not make any extra messes. We also love the Bliss products. Shower gel and shampoo are already in the shower for you. Staff is so friendly and professional. Beautiful pool area. It is in walking distance to the downtown area. I highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
AloftTallyStar, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Dear Hope,

It was great exchanging emails about your stay! Thank you for bringing your four legged family, we do enjoy the entire family coming to visit!