“Great Place to Stay in Tally” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aloft Tallahassee Downtown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Aloft Tallahassee Downtown
Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Orlando, Florida
“Great Place to Stay in Tally”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Typical Aloft ; friendly prompt service, clean rooms, and edgy feel. Parking was easy and convenient to FSU and Downtown. Make sure to book in advance since hotel seems to book up fast. Good value for the cost.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JonathanBGenMgr, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
We were so happy to read your comments about your stay at our Aloft Tallahassee Downtown. Nothing makes us happier than to hear that our guests feel we are "A great place to stay!" Our onsite parking is definately convenient and our downtown location makes everything in downtown just steps outside our door. As the hotels General Manager, it always puts a smile on my face to specifically hear that our team did a great job delivering customer service. I am always eager to share things like that with them. They like knowing they do a good job! We look forward to seeing you the next time travels bring you to Tallahassee!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Aloft Tallahassee on my way through Florida. As are all Aloft hotels it is very clean and very modern. It is perfect for business trips or couples traveling. I wouldn't choose it if I had my kids with me...but for the cost...it is a nice accommodation.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks so much for mentioning your recent stay at our Aloft Tallahassee Downtown. We appreciate hearing from our guests! We certainly are "perfect" for both business and leisure travelers. We offer a nice mix of amenities that appeal to everyone. We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel back to our area. We have some fantastic amenities for kids as well. On your next visit be sure to ask about our Camp Aloft program. It is designed as a fun way to enhance the experience of even our "youngest" guests!
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

Nice spot in Tallahassee. I recommend it highly if you have business with the FL government. Easy walk to capitol and its offices.
Typical trendy Aloft property. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Starwood's training must be excellent to instill the kind of "customer first" mentality that all its staff have.
Rooms were clean and typical Aloft features.
Only downsides are: close to the fire station that services the capitol area, and, right next to the cities bus terminal.

Room Tip: The higher up you are the less likely you are to hear the thumping techno from the lobby bar at nigh...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We were so glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel. We love what we do, and based on your comments I am so pleased to hear that the team here displayed a "Customer First" attitude! Thanks for pointing out how clean the hotel is and how convenient we are to everything in downtown. Come back and see us again!
Pace, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

This hotel looks great from the street. The decor is very modern and the wife loved it, but I thought it was too industrial looking. This hotel caters too much to non-paying guests using the lobby and not those spending the night. I liked the layout of the room with the head of the bed in the center of the room and not on the side. I did not care for the sliding bathroom door which was not noise reducing. I also did not care for the translucent panel in the shower which lit up the sleeping area when the bathroom light was on. Trying to get up early and get ready while the family sleeps in, is not possible in this hotel. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. This brand is definately a little more on the modern/industrial side and certainly understand that some folks prefer a more traditional style of hotel and room. I was glad to hear that you liked some of the aspects of the room layout, specifically the position of the bed. Our remix/lobby area is a fun mixed purpose area, full of energy and activity, however our hotel guests are always our first priority.
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

My favorite hotel in Tallahassee. I suppose Aloft is technically a chain hotel, but it seems more like a boutique hotel. It has a very modern decor and extremely comfortable beds. And if you are going to The Capital, it's a very short walk.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your comments on TripAdvisor regarding the Aloft Tallahassee Downtown being your "favorite hotel in Tallahassee". It doesn't get much better than hearing from our guests that our hotel is at the top of their list! We look forward to your next visit.
McCalla, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Aloft is very easy to get to from I10 and close to FSU. Parking was convenient. Place was very clean! I would recommend that if you plan to sleep before midnight, you request a room on the North Monroe Street side and not 2nd floor pool side. There was a party out near pool. Our room was 2nd floor and we heard folk having a fun time until about midnight! We needed sleep!! My only other complaint is that we had lukewater last night and this morning. But, overall great place!

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank tinamarieMcCalla_AL
JonathanBGenMgr, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thanks so much for staying with us during your recent visit to FSU. I am happy to hear that you found our staff friendly and specifically mentioned how clean everything was. Our housekeeping team works very hard to make sure they don't miss a detail and it is always nice to share comments like yours with them! The next time you visit, make sure you remind us of the noise you encountered pool side, and we will make sure to place you in a nice quiet area of the building. Thank you!
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

This is the second stay for my wife a first for me at Aloft. The hotel is very trendy with nice lines and cool colors. Lobby is unique and very inviting, The lounge is a great place to relax, enjoy the fireplace and a favorite beverage. The staff was very attentive and friendly. The room itself, like the rest of the hotel, was trendy and pleasing to the eye. With a hotel so modern and eccletric, it seems to me it could have a better heater/air conditioner. Noisy... too hot...... then too cold. I was up three times adjusting the themostat. I know there is not a great in- room cooling/heating unit anywhere, but this one was one of the worst. Bad night sleep means a bad day of travel. Overall the experience was good and would stay again. Hopefully the next time I could sleep in!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank zo6man34531
We appreciate your taking the time to share with us about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that your overall "FIRST" Aloft experience was so enjoyable. It sounds like you both were able to enjoy our public spaces in addition to your room. We get a great number of compliments on that fireplace. It's a cozy place to enjoy both inside and out. And of course, it always makes me so proud of my team to hear guests compliment them on being friendly and offering great service. I will certainly be sharing those comments with everyone. And last but not least, I will make sure that our engineering team is looking into the HVAC issue. It should not be so noisy that it is keeping you awake at night. We will get right on that. And above all! Come back and see us!