“Cozy cool vibe”

Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Cozy cool vibe”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel is welcoming, relaxing, and very well equipped with every modern convenience. The staff are gracious and want to take care of all the guests requests with a cheerful attitude. The coffee bar in the morning and the wine bar in the evening are enjoyable additions to this wonderful property. The location is great for walking to other eating places and Capital offices as well. I was actually able to do a nice walk to the FSU campus as well. This hotel is truly a gem in Tallahassee.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool get the afternoon sun
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Suziandfriends
JonathanBGenMgr, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you so much for your fantastic review of our hotel. As the General Manager, I am always thrilled when our guest recognize how much our team loves what we do.

Glad to hear that you liked our re:fuel food and beverage offerings and our WXYZ lounge.

Thank you for calling us a GEM, but to us you, our guests are the true Gems!

Come back and see us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Melrose, Florida
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This does have a Euro feel except you don't have to tip in the toilets and there's AC. The staff is always wonderful. I stay here every month for one night. The parking is fine, and I have never eaten food here so I can't comment about that. There are some good restaurants within walking distance, and these are in a safe direction. There were some areas not so nice and west of the hotel, but it's not war-torn. In fact, going a few blocks through this will get you to the FSU campus which is great for jogging. Very pretty campus. I've only been to the bar once, and I thought the bar staff was great. There were two negatives. Noise and dark showers.. Request a room facing the pool. Rooms that face the downtown street are always louder. I have been awakened at 4 in the AM because of sirens/car alarms, etc... because of a street-view orientation. Be nice to the check in staff and maybe they'll hook you up with pool-view room. The bathroom showers are dark. In their attempt to look trendy with thickened glass walls, there seems to be less lighting in the shower area. Actually, it's a little dark. Then again, I just requested a west facing room so I own part of this. Also, you have to practically get in the shower to turn it on, no curtain you can peel back, only trendy Euro glass shielding the handle side of the shower. Not a huge deal but thought I'd mention it. Lastly, they give you a free bottled water in your room, and the bar of soap smells really good. I have to bring them home, my kids love them.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
JonathanBGenMgr, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you so much for your thorough recap of your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy to hear that you like the modern european design. Glad to hear that you think the staff is doing a fantastic job as well. We look forward to having you stay with us again and hope that you will finally have an opportunity to try some of our delicious food prepared fresh in house.

Thanks again!

Jonathan & Team
San Diego, California
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The hotel staff was wonderful. The room is trendy looking however the window is small. Another small issue is the ironing board - the cover is so wrinkled you can not iron on it. Everything else is very good.

Room Tip: The front rooms have road noise and the corner rooms are smaller.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and for recognizing our fantastic staff! We have very large windows in all of our guest rooms so I am hoping that perhaps you got is mixed up with another hotel. We will make sure to replace that wrinkled ironing board cover! So sorry we missed that!

Please come back and stay with us again!

Jonathan and Team!
orlando, fl
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Aesthetically awesome, very Euro feel and great lobby bar area to relax and hang out. Cool rooms, simplistic but sheik and well organized...
The only reason I gave a "Average" rating as opposed to a "Very Good" rating was our room just didn't feel clean to me. I am not a "clean freak" but I felt like our particular room could have used a good deep clean. I didn't sleep well and I felt like the bed and/or the carpet could have been better cleaned.
We were traveling in a group and everyone seamed to really like the property, location and style of the place so I don't want to be too harsh...Like I said, the lobby area, the bar area AWESOME... Just wasn't sure about our particular room. I hope this helps.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your comments. So glad to hear that you like the trendy feel of our brand! Sounds like our location was a hit as well. On the cleanliness side of things, I was disappointed to hear that you felt your room could have been cleaner. We don't often hear about cleanliness issues as the property scores very high within our brand for being so clean.

At any measure, we will take a look at what we are doing and make sure we are on top of it all.

We hope you will come back and stay with us again!

Many thanks!

Jonathan
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival the parking lot is kind of cramped but okay. The hotel lobby is very inviting and the people are friendly. I liked that they had a nice inviting place to chill and grab a quick treat. The rooms were kinda of strange simply due to the fact of not being more open and I didn't care for the sliding bathroom door. However, the shower was spacious with shampoo and bath gel (not bad) I tried both and didn't get that usual cheap feeling from either. The internet was easy to login to which is a plus. Oh the TV was great not small and on the wall. I would definitely to come back to stay.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank LadiKris
So glad to hear that overall you really enjoyed our hotel and that you noticed how friendly we are around here. It's what we do and we love it.

Sounds like the television size was a hit too. Glad you enjoyed our lobby area and had a bite to eat with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

All our best,

Jonathan & Team!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Modern, trendy. Made the reservation for my mother and step father who were in town visiting. they seemed very impressed. I'll admit that with them being older, ANY situation that has music pumping and seems full of energy is a gem. but i was equally impressed. The property markets itself a green property and gives incentives for participating. I saw several dogs, and asked a bit, turns out they are the VERY pet friendly, they even give a treat bag for your dogs. overall, good to great experience.

Room Tip: Higher floors or pool side tend to be a bit more noise friendly.
Green Features: Love that the property is a "Green" property, recycling bin in the room and in the lobby, plus a Make A Green Choice program that reduces the amount of detergent these properties put back into the water supply.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
So glad to hear that MOM loved the place and that you did too! We are green to the core from our laundry practices, lighting and more. And yes, our four legged guests are some of our favorite.

We hope to see you again the next time travels bring you through Tallahassee.

All our best,

Jonathan and Team!
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We always stay here while visiting my daughter at FSU. It's location close to campus yet just on the edge makes it easy to get around while we are here.
The rooms are all and utilitarian. Modern, small European style. You would not want to stay in the hotel for more than a couple of nights The hotel lobby has a great bar and lounge area full if couches and seats, as well as a pool table. Very modern in the design.
There is also a Starbucks and a snack bar that serves hot and cold items as well as having an array of packages snacks like chips and cookies.
Parking is great. There are nice places to eat within walking distance.
The staff is nice and accommodating.

Stayed May 2014
JonathanBGenMgr, General Manager at Aloft Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for your comments! Aloft is definately a little more modern than most, and the rooms definately mirror the layout that you might find in many Europeon hotels. The space is well planned and used well! So glad to hear that you enjoyed all of the other amenities that the hotel has to offer in our remix lobby area, refuel food offerings and our WXYZ lounge. One of the big concepts with the Aloft brand is to get our guests out of their room to come down and enjoy everything else that we have to offer.

We look forward to having you back with us again.

Warm Regards,