Aloft Tallahassee Downtown
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Governors Inn(Tallahassee)
  • Pool
All reviewswxyz barbliss productsrooms are modernmonroe streetsink areacivic centerlate checklocation was perfectfsu campusbed was comfortablebusiness tripnew orleanshipnoiselobbypetdesk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2010

I came to Tallahassee with my son who was working as a messenger in the capital. I was very tentative at first when I saw there were no big luxury chains located anywhere nearby. Aloft was a really comfortable, clean hotel, very well located to restaurants and the capital building. The beds where very comfortable with nice modern touches. Loved the Bliss products,very nice staff, and relaxing lobby.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2010

This is the Ikea of hotels. Looks nice, but sub-par quality. Super small rooms.

Extremely noisy! Walls are like paper and all road noise is easily heard.

Reviewed 21 February 2010

The aloft is a nice hotel that may be trying a little too hard to be hip and trendy. Yes, "aloft" is spelled with a small "a." They like to say "aloha" when they greet you, too. Clever brand management, I suppose. Still, the Aloft... um, the aloft is a nicely designed hotel in a great location. It's right in the center of Tallahassee and a fantastic value at a little under $100 a night for my recent weekend stay. Mostly, the hotel succeeds in its approach -- which I'd say is friendly, trendy, casual.

The smallish room looks very retro modern (check out the alarm clock in the photos); it had a comfortable king bed and a decent workspace. But there wasn't a lot of furniture. That one desk chair was the only place to sit, except for the bed. There's a fridge in the room, as well. The hotel provides a few magazines and a flat panel TV (with a few digital channels available). Although the room was nice enough, it doesn't seem to have been designed with the idea that you'd spend a lot of time there. The real action is downstairs...

Instead of a restaurant, the aloft has a food pantry with a few made to order items and a lot of grab and go items. The hotel also uses a big chunk of its lobby space on what appears to be a very popular bar, which also has a couple of food options. They have a pool table in the lobby, as well, and plenty of seating. Computers are free and in an alcove down the hall. The hotel also has a fitness center, an outdoor pool and it's own parking lot (for which they charged $5). Overall, I was quite pleased with my stay and would happily stay at this or another aloft hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2010

I have been to this hotel a few times, and have had wonderful experiences. First, don't let the inexpensive price (often less than $100) mislead you. The fixtures are very good quality for the price, and the room is tastefully modern and comfortable. Parking is an additional $5 if you use the lot there, and the snack bar is expensive, but internet is free and there are plenty of other places to eat nearby.
The first time I stayed here, the staff was so nice, they called my room to let me know they printed out step-by-step directions to where I needed to go. There seems to be a club scene here on some nights and I was apprehensive about that, but I didn't hear any noise from the room, and you don't have to walk by the bar to get to the elevators.
The bed is firm but comfortable with nice pillows and down alternative comforter. Each time I have been here, the room has always been spotless. They also give you bottled water, and there is a minifridge in the room, which is nice.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2010

I took a leisure trip to Tallahassee and wanted to stay downtown near the Imax, Planetarium, and museums so I chose Aloft. I know it is new so I expected to find amenities common to hotels in this chain. I like the idea that they accept pets at no extra charge, and will bring puppy treats and a bed. I was not charged a fee for parking which is good. My problem started with no microwave or phone books in the room. You have to go downstairs to the lobby to use the one microwave they have, or ask for a phone book. Also the bathroom door is a slide door with no lock. It is very small, just a shower stall and toilet. You have to get dressed virtually in front of everyone because there is no room in the bathroom or in the area in front of the sink. The room had two double beds but was designed as a room for one person to use. It is OK but if I pay a lot of money for a room I at least want it to be modernized.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family