“Nice Suite Good Breakfast”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL
Ranked #20 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stayed 3/18 to 3/20 The room was spacious and clean. The bathrooms NEED wall mounted mirrors, you know the kind with the magnifiers on one side, then it would be just super! The breakfast had a good selection and the staff were really nice. Front desk personnel too! The only thing I can say is that the entrance sign was a little difficult to see.
All and all a wonderful stay. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: One bedroom suite was roomy and area is quiet
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank cehouse

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were at this Country Inn & Suites February 27 and 28, 2014. Country Inn & Suites always has cookies at the reception area, not this one ... we were in and out of the hotel several times over 2 days and never a single cookie.

After having been on the road for 10+ days, I had laundry I wanted to get done. The front desk could not make change for the machines, no quarters. We went to a nearby convenience store and bought a roll of quarters. I should have checked out the laundry room first, it was filthy. I had that roll of quarters weighing down my purse for days.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Front desk staff - very friendly. Room - nice. Shower continually drips unless you crank the faucet very very tight. Bathroom sink faucet keeps shutting itself off unless you open it up wide. Sink near fridge - faucet needs to be tightened. Breakfast room attendant is always hovering. It's meant to be self-service, but she won't let you make your own waffles, etc. - seeking tips. Price was high for what we got. Having said that, we were able to use the breakfast room both nights for dinner to catch up with family, so I'm happy for that. Overall, it's a good hotel, but a bit pricey.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We spent one night here, and unfortunately there were some issues. The shower water was barely warm, a problem which apparently arose that morning (hotel staff said a plumber was on the way). The fitness room was closed as "out of order". There is an indoor/outdoor pool, and the outdoor part might be nice in the heat of the summer, but Tallahassee gets quite cool in the winter and the water in the indoor part was too cold for swimming. So the pool may be useless for much of the year. The hotel location is not the best either. It's right off I-10, and it's difficult to make a left turn from the hotel to US27. Also, it's in the same lot area as a Qualiity Inn which appeared to be a little rundown. Our room was quiet and the location is convenient to downtown Tallahassee (10 minute drive). There are lots of diverse restaurants on US 27 heading downtown.

Other than the issues noted above, the hotel is a good quality one, in line with the Country Inn brand. It's clean and our King Suite was well furnished. The free breakfast is standard for a Country Inn. Staff were friendly. Perhaps the issues we noted were just temporary, and we caught the hotel on a bad night.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side may have less interstate noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Recently spent 2 nights at the Country Inn and Suites. Kudos to the staff. Extremely efficient and friendly, especially the lovely woman working the breafast room. Room was clean but starting to look a bit worn. The carpet could use a good cleaning to rid it of several stains in the room. Fresh coffee in the lobby 24/7 is appreciated. Location perfect for easy access to I-10. Good breakfast buffet including eggs, sausage, grits, waffle maker, and a variety of breads, cereals, and fruit/yogurt. Main complaint was that the walls were so thin between the rooms that we heard every cough, sneeze, and flush from our neighbor's room. Could even smell their coffee in the morning through the paper thin walls. Would, however, stay at this hotel again as the location is ideal and the staff is so accommodating.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I had a reservation for a double queen room since I was traveling with my son and grandson. They did not have my reservation, desk clerk said I cancelled it even though I tried to show her my confirmation email. She didn't want to see it She "upgraded" us to a king suite which smelled, and had a nasty mattress pad on the pull out sofa.. She was going to increase the price by $40 because I price I booked at was no longer available. She agreed to charge the price I made my reservation at because "she had a line". Desk clerk was rude and acted like she didn't want to be there. Not up to the standards of other Country Inns and Suites I have stayed at.

1  Thank Judi B
CarlsonRezidor, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns & Suites standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night while traveling to Orlando. Hotel is close to the interstate, so we didn't worry about getting lost during our short time there. Room was quiet and comfortable with all amenities in working order. Staff were knowledgeable of the local area and were always friendly. Free breakfast offerings ranged from make your own waffles or toast to sausage, eggs, cereal, etc. I was pleased with the variety offered because I am often left eating boxed cereal because of my picky nature. Cost was reasonable when compared with other hotels in the area. I would not hesitate to stay here again if traveling thru the area.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank divekettle
Travellers also viewed these Tallahassee hotels
Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel
4 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Tallahassee East
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tallahassee Conference Center North
Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL

Address: 3096 North Monroe Street, Tallahassee, FL 32303-2818 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL)
Region: United States > Florida > Florida Panhandle > Tallahassee
Ranked #20 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Price Range: £61 - £124 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL 2.5*
Right off I-10, the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL is a quick 12-minute drive from the Florida State University. Our location is close to shops and restaurants too. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.