“Good Hotel, bad internet connection!!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL
Ranked #28 of 59 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

This is a good hotel. Check in was slow. Had to move rooms, didn't want the adjoining room but got it anyway?? Clean rooms. Shower water pressure very low. Dirty coffee machine. Didn't have breakfast so I can't give an opinion. Fridge and microwave available.
Very very bad internet connection!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL

Reviewed 11 May 2014

The entire staff was super friendly and helpful. The folks at the front desk were more than happy to answer questions we had about the area. The breakfast served in the morning was very good and the lady putting out all the food and checking the drinks etc was very nice and made sure everyone had what they needed... even refilling drinks. All of the common areas (lobby, pool, breakfast area) were clean and easily navigated. Our room was spacious and clean. Comfy bed, decent sized TV and a mini fridge. Nice granite counter tops and large tub were found in the bathroom area. The only complaint I have about the room is the closet door was almost impossible to operate. I read a couple of different reviews stating this place wasn't the best, I can only think those folks reviewed the wrong hotel. This place is clean, friendly and I would def stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2014

If you blink, you will drive by this hotel because there is not much signage outside. When I got to my room, I saw that I was in a handicapped room (I am not handicapped and did not request this). I went to brush my teeth, and the sink literally pulled away from the wall. I asked for another room since I didn't want a sink on the ground and I didn't want to stay in a handicap room in case someone came in who actually needed it, and was given a totally puzzled look. I was then told the maintenance man was off for surgery, so I guess there was no replacement. I also had the do not disturb sign on the door when I went to breakfast (because I left personal belongings in the room), and came in to freshly made beds. The elevator takes a good 2-3 minutes, so be prepared to take the stairs.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I booked this hotel for our family of 5 for a spring break trip to nearby Wakulla Springs. The room seemed clean enough when we walked in, until I looked at the shower. The bottom of the tub was brown with dirt and had a ring around it. The tub/shower faucet leaked continuously, and the drain was slow. One of the towels we were provided was torn nearly in half. I wrote these things down, took them to the man at the front desk, and also handed him the torn towel, thinking the room would be cleaned while we were out that day. Wrong. Disgusted, I actually asked for and received cleanser and a sponge and cleaned the tub myself. Hey, it's my family, and gross is gross. While checking the room before we left, I moved the curtains aside and discovered the corners of the room have never been vacuumed - some other guest's medication was even hiding in the corner. The lamp shades were gray with dust. Even the elevator floors were nasty and sticky. Otherwise, the hotel was just adequate.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
BamaManInFl, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Julie, Guest Relations.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The front desk clerk was very helpful and pleasant during check in and check out (same person when we checked out). The lady that helped with the breakfast was very nice, and the food was good. Good stay, would stay there again. Room and bathroom were very clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stayed 3/18 to 3/20 The room was spacious and clean. The bathrooms NEED wall mounted mirrors, you know the kind with the magnifiers on one side, then it would be just super! The breakfast had a good selection and the staff were really nice. Front desk personnel too! The only thing I can say is that the entrance sign was a little difficult to see.
All and all a wonderful stay. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: One bedroom suite was roomy and area is quiet
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank cehouse
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were at this Country Inn & Suites February 27 and 28, 2014. Country Inn & Suites always has cookies at the reception area, not this one ... we were in and out of the hotel several times over 2 days and never a single cookie.

After having been on the road for 10+ days, I had laundry I wanted to get done. The front desk could not make change for the machines, no quarters. We went to a nearby convenience store and bought a roll of quarters. I should have checked out the laundry room first, it was filthy. I had that roll of quarters weighing down my purse for days.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family