“Good for an over night stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL
Ranked #36 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Tampa, Florida
“Good for an over night stay”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My son and I stayed here on our way back to Tampa from Louisiana. The room was clean, but smelled a bit musty like the A/C hadn't run in a while. Once we ran the A/C it was fine. Bathrooms were clean and updated. The beds were as hard as a rock!
The girl at the counter that checked us in was nice and gave us great directions to Longhorn steak. The woman that does the breakfast in the morning was wonderful and nice.

The only downside was that breakfast was bad. Fake eggs, old sausage patties, and usual waffles.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Kennesaw, Georgia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights but I wasn't really impressed. The smelled musty and the refrigerator had to be changed after I had to call 3 times. The rooms was small and had no sleeper sofa as promised. The breakfast was horrible. I have stayed at other CI&S and had much better food. The selection was of a poor and the quality was worst. It is located next to a seedy Quality Inn. There is a outdoor covered pool, that gets no sun light and has no heater...go figure.

Room Tip: Its okay for a quick stay but nothing more.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel was a great value, the rooms were clean, the staff friendly and the breakfast good. The pool is not indoor but covered which we found better for our needs. Would recommend and def. stay here again. The only con I can think of and it isn't really a con is the elevator is very slow......it didn't bother us.

Florida
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

This is a good hotel. Check in was slow. Had to move rooms, didn't want the adjoining room but got it anyway?? Clean rooms. Shower water pressure very low. Dirty coffee machine. Didn't have breakfast so I can't give an opinion. Fridge and microwave available.
Very very bad internet connection!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Milton, Florida, United States
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The entire staff was super friendly and helpful. The folks at the front desk were more than happy to answer questions we had about the area. The breakfast served in the morning was very good and the lady putting out all the food and checking the drinks etc was very nice and made sure everyone had what they needed... even refilling drinks. All of the common areas (lobby, pool, breakfast area) were clean and easily navigated. Our room was spacious and clean. Comfy bed, decent sized TV and a mini fridge. Nice granite counter tops and large tub were found in the bathroom area. The only complaint I have about the room is the closet door was almost impossible to operate. I read a couple of different reviews stating this place wasn't the best, I can only think those folks reviewed the wrong hotel. This place is clean, friendly and I would def stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
chicago
Reviewed 22 April 2014

If you blink, you will drive by this hotel because there is not much signage outside. When I got to my room, I saw that I was in a handicapped room (I am not handicapped and did not request this). I went to brush my teeth, and the sink literally pulled away from the wall. I asked for another room since I didn't want a sink on the ground and I didn't want to stay in a handicap room in case someone came in who actually needed it, and was given a totally puzzled look. I was then told the maintenance man was off for surgery, so I guess there was no replacement. I also had the do not disturb sign on the door when I went to breakfast (because I left personal belongings in the room), and came in to freshly made beds. The elevator takes a good 2-3 minutes, so be prepared to take the stairs.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I booked this hotel for our family of 5 for a spring break trip to nearby Wakulla Springs. The room seemed clean enough when we walked in, until I looked at the shower. The bottom of the tub was brown with dirt and had a ring around it. The tub/shower faucet leaked continuously, and the drain was slow. One of the towels we were provided was torn nearly in half. I wrote these things down, took them to the man at the front desk, and also handed him the torn towel, thinking the room would be cleaned while we were out that day. Wrong. Disgusted, I actually asked for and received cleanser and a sponge and cleaned the tub myself. Hey, it's my family, and gross is gross. While checking the room before we left, I moved the curtains aside and discovered the corners of the room have never been vacuumed - some other guest's medication was even hiding in the corner. The lamp shades were gray with dust. Even the elevator floors were nasty and sticky. Otherwise, the hotel was just adequate.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
BamaManInFl, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Julie, Guest Relations.

Travellers are raving about these Tallahassee hotels