“Definitely never again...”

Ranked #36 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Muscle Shoals
“Definitely never again...”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I stayed one night and would not do it again. It was not worth the money at all. We were placed in a handicapped room that look like it had not be used in a while. There was a hole knocked in the bathroom door, mold growing in the toilet, and the shower was very dirty! My husband later found a booger on the shower curtain! I am not one to normally complian, but the other reviews were not bad...on the other hand, the bed was clean and comfortable and I did sleep well.

• Stayed July 2014
BamaManInFl, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room, especially the bathroom with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. We are in the process of steam cleaning all Handicap bathtubs as they have many hard to reach places. We would love to invite you back and give us another chance, please contact the hotel directly to discuss your stay. Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived to find plenty of hot water and a comfortable bed. Laundry located downstairs, along with an adequate breakfast bar. There are several restaurants within 10 miles. The front staff personnel were pleasant and answered all of our questions regarding the area.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Nonie Burchfiel... B
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was a great hotel to come to for two nights with my mother, two sisters and niece, a nice, clean hotel for a great price. The breakfast was good and everyday was something different. The employee serving the breakfast was very friendly. The room was nice and cold when my family and I first walked in. Although the room was clean and comfortable there was one problem, the tub. It was leaking. Not disturbing but after you turn off the water, it drips. The pool was great, my niece loved it! She was singing and dancing in the water, it was very funny. I had chose this hotel and we had a great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
BamaManInFl, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed Ms. Mary Ann's service during Breakfast, and enjoyed our pool! We look forward to your next stay with us.
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I honestly don't understand these bad reviews. We stayed 3 nights and everything was great! Rooms were clean, breakfast was good, and the staff was very friendly! I would definitely stay there again! Loved the free coffee and cookies too!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
BamaManInFl, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed our fresh baked cookies and our signature coffee. We look forward to your next stay.
Slidell, Louisiana
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Me and a co-worker made a reservation for a business trip at this hotel, the price seemed to be pretty good because of our company negoitated rate with this hotel but after driving all day - we get to the hotel and we waited by the front desk for approximately 30 minutes because NO ONE was by the front desk to check us in considering it was about 4:30pm in the afternoon and thats about the time that people start to check in so after walking around the hotel for a few minutes looking for someone, we were unable to find ANYONE to help us. The cookies at the front desk were stale and old - I would never eat another one of those cookies. After checking in we attempt to take the elevator to our room and we waited by the elevator for the longest time not to mention once the elevator finally arrived and opened it made a VERY loud and unusual sound which was kind of frightening because we weren't sure if it was safe to stay in the elevator. Once we arrived to our floor it took forever for the elevator door to open. The rooms were okay - nothing big and specticular, I would defiantly stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
BamaManInFl, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. To discuss your concern further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for the Guest Relations Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Tallahassee hotels

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed here to use up Radisson points i had for some time. Not my favorite chain to big in with. Upon check in, asked to be on side of hotel not facing I-10. It was early and hotel was empty. Desk clerk refused the request, stating there was no difference on the hotel sides. Finally conceded if I came back down after seeing room, she would switch it. My husband said not to bother. We went out for trip, came back, room hadn't seemed to cool. The ac worked poorly. We asked about moving at 6 pm for cooler room. Owner now at desk, claiming no rooms available. Empty parking lot, and was told earlier hotel wasn't near being booked for evening. Internet unreliable. Room was nicely decorated and bathroom was nice, but did not seem to have been vacuumed in a while, few bug bodies on carpet and some trash. . No sundries available. We're passing on the free breakfast. A lot of aggravation that could have been avoided up front by decent customer service. PS. One side faces I10, one side woods a quiet neighborhood. Not sure why clerk had issue with changing from outset.

Room Tip: Ask emphatically to be on quiet side. NOT facing I 10.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
BamaManInFl, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tallahassee Northwest I-10, FL, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My son and I stayed here on our way back to Tampa from Louisiana. The room was clean, but smelled a bit musty like the A/C hadn't run in a while. Once we ran the A/C it was fine. Bathrooms were clean and updated. The beds were as hard as a rock!
The girl at the counter that checked us in was nice and gave us great directions to Longhorn steak. The woman that does the breakfast in the morning was wonderful and nice.

The only downside was that breakfast was bad. Fake eggs, old sausage patties, and usual waffles.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family