“All you need in Downtown Tallahassee”

SpringHill Suites Tallahassee Central
Ranked #14 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Edinburgh
“All you need in Downtown Tallahassee”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Very nice hotel, comfortable beds, quiet and our room had all the amenities needed. Staff very pleasant. Adequate buffet breakfast. Clean and fresh, I assume the building is new or recently renovated. .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I am a frequent business traveler. The SpringHill Suites in Tallahassee has really nice, spacious rooms with great workspace. I usually am in and out of a hotel without a lot of time to enjoy the space. On my last visit, I actually stayed 2 nights so reall was able to appreciate the nice set up.

I was a little concerned since when I checked in they had signs saying they would be testing the fire alarm system starting at 10 the next day and that they had to enter each room. The next morning I requested that housekeeping and the fire alarm folks enter prior to 12:30 so that my conference call would not be disrupted. Luckily, the housekeeping did their part and once I returned the fire alarm folks were in and out at the start of my call with no real noise disruption. I appreciated the effort since I know these types of activities have to occur to keep it operational!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying that I am writing this review after talking to a woman at the front desk who works overnight. Her lack of care and concern for my noise complaint has prompted the somewhat low rating.
I stopped at this hotel for one night on the way from Tampa. The location is superb. You have so many stores and choices for food. There is even a nail salon for those in need. The front desk professional was smart, friendly, and efficient upon our arrival. She was so welcoming to me and my family. She set the tone for a great stay! The room was clean and well appointed. They even had small touches like plates in the microwave. We also stayed in a Springhill in Tampa and it was not as nice as this one. Once we were settled in bed the fun began. I can't believe how noisy this place was. Throughout the night I could hear doors slamming, overhead commotions which sounded like running, jumping, and sliding doors, and weird sounds. Being that I have a five year old and the young lady upon check in was so nice. I tried to simply go back to sleep.....each time. When you hear loud noises at midnight and 1 am.....you kinda try to just get through it. Well during the 6 am hour the noise cranked up again. This time it was not upstairs but next door. My five year old was awaken by this so I picked up the phone and shared with the front desk about the loud noise. She barely listened before she chimed in and gave me a lecture on how she had been there since 11 pm and had not heard any complaints about any noise, hence suggesting that I was either a quack or lying. She also said that noise that you are hearing now is the breakfast room because you are right next door. Her tone was rude and uncaring. She told me that she would leave a note for management to which I told her don't bother. She never said I'm sorry about the disturbance.
So basically.....this is a great hotel.....just avoid the first floor. Opt for the highest floor in order to avoid the relatives of big foot. And definitely avoid 120 unless you get up early or want to be on breakfast duty. You have been warned. Worst night of sleep on my vacay.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Charnel S
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I LOVE THE ROOM!!!...Clean, friendly front desk staff...hides bed in the room..free breakfast..exercise room..good parking..close to food...I liked the area that the hotel was located in...smh it was very easy to find

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Oxford, Mississippi
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel is dated and has the standard staining, cracked tiles, older feeling decor. The carpets in the elevators needed swept.

The staff is very friendly.

We used this hotel as a stopping point on our way to and from Disney. Had I not already booked it both ways I'd have canceled and found another to stay at on the way back. I felt for the price it could have been "better".

There are frosted glass sliding doors on the bathroom and toilet room in the rooms, giving a feeling of not very much privacy (unless you're a solo traveler).

Also, you can hear quite a bit through the walls and from the floors above/below, making it hard to get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
tamcc655, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback concerning your stay with us.

You indicated in your response there were issues with noise and you felt there was a lack of privacy involving the frosted doors in your room. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Tampa
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with family spread across three rooms. Great location near restaurants. Lobby staff were exceptional at check-in, quiet rooms that are decorated nicely. The free hot breakfast is a great touch!!! Will come again.

Stayed May 2014
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel and room was very modern. The staff was super friendly and room clean and fresh. Rooms are set up with just about any thing you would need for a day or week. I will say the breakfast was not as good as I would have liked, but was still better then nothing. Over all it was perfect for our stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business