“Always a pleasant stay.”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #19 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Sarasota, Florida
“Always a pleasant stay.”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We always stop here when we visit friends and family in Tallahassee. Our room is quiet, clean, and the bed is extremely comfortable as are the pillows. There are plenty of towels and hangers. The air conditioner is so quiet you can barely hear it running. And it does not blow directly on you when you are sleeping. The continental breakfast has everything you could want including waffles and yogurt and the coffee is delicious. The location is away from traffic and near many restaurants. The staff is pleasant and we always enjoy our stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EdmarSarasota
Paresh M, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Dear EdmarSarasota:

Your feedback is very important to us and I can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

If we can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us at 850-224-3200.

Paresh Master
Comfort Suites Tallahassee
850-224-3200

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 23 March 2012

In general I love Comfort Suites, but this one seems to be one of the oldest. Location is close to downtown but that's it's only redeeming quality. Rooms are smaller than most CS and service was just tolerable. The Internet, both wireless and wired, have not worked since I'be been here. When the front desk was contacted they said it is fine, though I've heard others complaining also. All in all just a disappointment compared to most.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Travelbybikes
Elkridge, Maryland
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Ok for an overnight. Breakfast was just OK. Light continental . Did have yogart and hard boiled eggs. pillows in rooms were sort of 'lumpy', Free Cookies were good at front desk

Room Tip: we were next to elevator which would have been noisy if hotel was busy
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank davidski1
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Where do I start?! We wanted a moderately priced room for one night. This place had mixed reviews and never again will I let the good out weigh the bad. It was awful!!!!! Ok on the surface and it was late and we were exhausted but overall awful. Dirty gross carpets (my socks were black) run down rooms (a 1/2 inch gap in our door!), a good ten minutes off of I-75 (after bing told it was 4 miles). Front desk was young, rude and careless. Breakfast was completely lacking in anything advertised, the only 'hot' food was bacon. Nothing else..so bacon and Cereal for breakfast?!? My daughter, mom and I all have bites and I'd be willing to guess its bed bugs. Absolutely nasty. Don't stay here!! I wasn't impressed with any hotel in tallahasee I looked up. If you can press to lake city and stay at the brand new comfort suites which was a 1000x's better than this!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank smilindazy30
Jacksonville
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed here while at our kids' student orientation for FSU. It is less than 2 miles from campus so location was super convenient. The hotel was clean and beds comfortable and it seemed to be in a safe location. Decent restaurants close by (Olive Garden across the street). Free breakfast was fine (not Cracker Barrel but it was free)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank MiloTeddy
Arcadia, FL
Reviewed 25 July 2011

This Comfort Suite was a real bargain. Very nice front desk, the rooms were very clean and functional and the breakfast was not outstanding, but good. Next time through Tallahassee I will probably stay here - and yes - I would go out of my way to do it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jchilds
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2011

The establishment seem to be clean. The staff was ok. The only problem I had was the next morning when I woke up I had bite marks all over my legs. I didn't think much of it until I went to the doctor and was told that it had to come from bed bugs. I call the hotel to talk to the manager and he tried to convince me that I was wrong and that he would investigate it then call me back that day. Well, im still waiting for that call back! I have stayed at a Comfort Inn hotels before and never experience these problems. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank Wonderwoman05
comfortsuites-tal, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 12 June 2011
Thank you for your feedback. As we discussed on the telephone, we take all guest concerns very seriously, therefore, we went through various verification (including professional) before we came to a response. I want to reiterate the situation; after you check out on Sunday, we had another guest stay in the same room that Sunday night. They left Monday morning without mentioning anything and have not reported about any bites.

On Monday, I received your call and listened to your concern. I explained to you that I will look into this matter and call you back. After your call, we contacted the pest control company for a thorough review of the room and the bed. WE RECEIVED A "NO BUGS / BED BUGS" REPORT. Also, no complaints were reported from other guest from the same room after your stay.

Our other concern is that you mentioned in this review that you had bite marks when you woke up on Sunday, but decided not to inform us right away or at the time of check out. But decided to wait until after you went home. Usually, guest would come down right away and complain about the issues. I'm sorry that you did not present your situation directly to us when you were at the hotel, but waited to reported it much later.

I do want to thank you for your feedback about the cleanliness of the hotel and the staff.