Beds are comfortable, rooms good with some signs of wear on the carpets and elevator.
Complimentary bath products could be better quality for the price of the room.
Desk staff confused our reservation, left us short one night and told us they were fully booked. But then mysteriously "found" the reservation.
I asked at the desk on the second day for toilet paper in the hotel room and was told housekeeping would bring some up. When I returned to the hotel 2 hours later, there was still no toilet paper. I phoned down to the desk and was told I could come get some. I asked for it to be brought up as my daughter was in the bath. Another hour goes by, no toilet paper. I sent my husband down (who was out running errands and could not help earlier) and the desk staff snaps at my husband that she is busy and forgot. Really not professional.
Breakfast is basic but adequate - small containers of yoghurt, bagels, packets of instant oatmeal, eggs, sausage patties, and cereal. Set up in such a way you have to walk in circles to collect everything - bowls nowhere near the oatmeal, etc.
Breakfast area is not family friendly. Small area, mostly 2 seater tables and only 2 - 3 seater tables. We had to pull chairs over for the 4 of us and squeeze into one table.
The elevator had a very odd sensor in the door. It closed very quickly and suddenly, catching two of us in the arm on different trips.
We stayed on the same floor as a ROTC trip. They did several bed checks in the evening which seemed to require a lot of drill sergeant shouting. The next morning they started again at 6 am, and then did drills in the parking lot at 6.30 am.
The air conditioning kept turning over to heating, no matter how cold I set the thermostat. Between the heat and shouting, I did not sleep well the second night.
I reported the air conditioning fault and the electric sockets in the bedside lamps not working to the desk staff, who made no response as I told them.
There is too much competition on the same road to stay in this hotel again or recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently Renovated. The Comfort Suites® hotel is centrally located in the heart of Tallahassee. The hotel is within minutes of the Florida State Capital, Florida State University, Florida A&M University, the Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, the Tallahassee-Leon County Civic Center, Governor's Square mall and other downtown attractions. The Tallahassee Regional Airport is eight miles from the hotel. Additional area attractions and businesses include federal and state courthouses, and the Turnbull Florida State Conference Center. There are also golf courses, theaters and a variety of restaurants and lounges near the hotel. The hotel has many wonderful features and amenities, including:- Free wired and wireless high-speed Internet access- Free hot breakfast buffet- Free local calls- Free weekday newspaper- Free coffee in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Choice Hotels and Odigeo so you can book your Comfort Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Tallahassee
- Comfort Suites Tallahassee
- Tallahassee Comfort Suites