“Wanted to take the bed home with me...”

Comfort Suites Tallahassee Downtown
Ranked #20 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 9 February 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel on a Friday night. I booked a suite with a king sized bed through kayak.com (which is a very useful search engine for many flights, hotels, cruises, etc). The rate we got per night was $80, excluding taxes. I was very pleased with getting a king sized suite including breakfast for this low rate!

Getting to the hotel:
We flew into the Tallahassee Airport. It is about 15 minutes away from the airport. I highly advise getting directions from a map engine, since Tallahassee can be confusing for those that do not know their way around. This hotel is located on a service road that is off of the Apalachee Parkway. You CANNOT make a direct left hand turn into this hotel from the Parkway. It was a little bit tricky to find, since the sign is hidden. We missed the service entrance road and had to double back. Keep your eyes peeled!

Checking in: We took a red eye flight from NY, which meant we had to get up at 3:30am. Yikes! We arrived at the hotel around noon, desperately hoping they would let us check in early. The manager was at the desk and looked to see if a room was available. Luckily one was open, so he got us all set up to check in early. It was very nice of the hotel to allow us to check in 3 hours early! The whole process took about 10 minutes, mostly due to the manager's talkativeness For those of you with little patience, all the small talk might have grated. I found it refreshing. We had no problems with our paperwork (from booking online). As always, bring your paperwork just in case!

The Room:
This was THE highlight of the hotel. We stayed in Room 311. Not too far from the elevator (which is a tad slow). When we got to the door, the maid said "Ooooh, you two got the cozy room!" Boy was she right. The whole room was clean, fresh, and cozy! The bathroom was very clean (no hair or any other disgusting remnants) with loads of towels. On a softness scale (1 being scratchy and 10 being snuggly soft), the towels rate at a 6 (which is better than most hotels). The bathroom is a little larger than a typical hotel. It's not too cluttered. The shower has good water pressure too. Now onto the bed...it is one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in my life. For those of you that like super firm beds, this will not appeal to you. This bed's mattress was slightly on the softer side, but it did not bother me at all. I felt supported. The pillows were fluffy, but again, if you are looking for intense support, it will not appeal to you. The sheets were soft and fresh as well. It was very, very difficult to leave this bed in the morning! There is a computer in the room, free to use, but we didn't need to use it. The TV is medium sized and had a good amount of channels. It did not have a flat screen. If you have a MP3 player, you can hook it up to the alarm to play to wake you up. I found that nifty. There was a couch as well that was comfortable to relax on.

Breakfast: Fresh coffee, juices, milks, waffles, sausage, various pastries, bagels, toast, hard boiled eggs. There was not much room in the seating area on a Saturday morning, but we did manage to find a table. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best) I would rate the breakfast at a 6.5. I think the waffles and bagels were the best part. The pastries and coffee were a little disappointing. But, it is perfect for those that do not want a filling breakfast. All in all, it was a pleasant start to the morning.

Staff: Friendly and accomodating. No problems at all!

Location: Very close to the University! Parents visiting their kids in school, this is the place to stay! Took us about 5 minutes to get to the University with traffic lights. The only problem is getting back to the hotel, since you cannot make a left hand turn into it. So plan your return route! You are about a block or so from a couple of restaurants (heading up towards the capitol), which is nice if you do not want to venture far away from the hotel. I think we could have walked to these places.

Checkout: Fast and painless.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
5  Thank bocalbabe

Reviewed 2 October 2008

Very convenient and quiet. Check-in was handled in a courteous manner and our suite was very spacious and came with it's own computer! And, it was very easy to sign in and use. Plenty of towels and large flat-screen t.v. The bed was comfortable with a suitable weight blanket for Florida climate. The breakfast room had plenty of tables and there was a belgian waffle machine! The coffee was some of the best we have ever had in a hotel. We would definately return!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2008

After a long drive from W Palm Beach, found the Comfort Suites to be the perfect place to relax before a concert (X) and to regroup before our drive on the Ft. Walton Beach for granddaughter's 1st b-day!

Room felt brand-new and sheets were VERY soft; had a mini fridge, great towels, TV was fine and best of all had a computer right in the room so we could check email!! No, best of all was the jacuzzi bathtub...!

Breakfast was great and if we're up this way again, we won't look for anything better...trust me, this value can't be topped.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2008

Staff was helpful and friendly. Room was clean and very quiet. The pillows were especially fluffy and the sheets very soft. It was reasonably priced and I would recommend this hotel if you need a place to stay in Tallahassee. They also have a nice pool and good coffee at the breakfast bar!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2008

Soon as we arrived to the hotel the young man at the front desk was really nice. We went to visit Florida A&M University. He told me a lot about the school. I made it to the room and it was a nice size compared to other hotels that I have stayed in. The room was clean and it had plenty of towels in the bathroom. The room also contained a computer, refridgerator, microwave, aand iron/ironing board. The room was very clean and well-kept. I met the hotel manager the next morning. He was very polite. He gave me directions to the university when I realized that I had left them home. And to say that same manager came in on his off day was a nice touch.

And I plan to stay there whenever I visit Tallahasse.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank lab90
Reviewed 2 February 2008

This was our second time staying at the Comfort Suites while visiting our daughter in Tallahasee. We loved it the first time and more so the second time around. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and roomy. The bed linens were very nice and comfortable. Towels were nice and thick. The morning breakfast was your typical continental with waffles, french toast, eggs, and pasteries. Very nice though. We will definitely be back again without any hesitation. Convenient location to I-10 and about a ten minute ride to the university. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lovereviews
Reviewed 28 January 2008

Stayed one night on business; this is a nice hotel. The property was quite clean, and the staff were all very pleasant and helpful. There is a good selection of restaurants nearby as well.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business