My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel on a Friday night. I booked a suite with a king sized bed through kayak.com (which is a very useful search engine for many flights, hotels, cruises, etc). The rate we got per night was $80, excluding taxes. I was very pleased with getting a king sized suite including breakfast for this low rate!
Getting to the hotel:
We flew into the Tallahassee Airport. It is about 15 minutes away from the airport. I highly advise getting directions from a map engine, since Tallahassee can be confusing for those that do not know their way around. This hotel is located on a service road that is off of the Apalachee Parkway. You CANNOT make a direct left hand turn into this hotel from the Parkway. It was a little bit tricky to find, since the sign is hidden. We missed the service entrance road and had to double back. Keep your eyes peeled!
Checking in: We took a red eye flight from NY, which meant we had to get up at 3:30am. Yikes! We arrived at the hotel around noon, desperately hoping they would let us check in early. The manager was at the desk and looked to see if a room was available. Luckily one was open, so he got us all set up to check in early. It was very nice of the hotel to allow us to check in 3 hours early! The whole process took about 10 minutes, mostly due to the manager's talkativeness For those of you with little patience, all the small talk might have grated. I found it refreshing. We had no problems with our paperwork (from booking online). As always, bring your paperwork just in case!
This was THE highlight of the hotel. We stayed in Room 311. Not too far from the elevator (which is a tad slow). When we got to the door, the maid said "Ooooh, you two got the cozy room!" Boy was she right. The whole room was clean, fresh, and cozy! The bathroom was very clean (no hair or any other disgusting remnants) with loads of towels. On a softness scale (1 being scratchy and 10 being snuggly soft), the towels rate at a 6 (which is better than most hotels). The bathroom is a little larger than a typical hotel. It's not too cluttered. The shower has good water pressure too. Now onto the bed...it is one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in my life. For those of you that like super firm beds, this will not appeal to you. This bed's mattress was slightly on the softer side, but it did not bother me at all. I felt supported. The pillows were fluffy, but again, if you are looking for intense support, it will not appeal to you. The sheets were soft and fresh as well. It was very, very difficult to leave this bed in the morning! There is a computer in the room, free to use, but we didn't need to use it. The TV is medium sized and had a good amount of channels. It did not have a flat screen. If you have a MP3 player, you can hook it up to the alarm to play to wake you up. I found that nifty. There was a couch as well that was comfortable to relax on.
Breakfast: Fresh coffee, juices, milks, waffles, sausage, various pastries, bagels, toast, hard boiled eggs. There was not much room in the seating area on a Saturday morning, but we did manage to find a table. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best) I would rate the breakfast at a 6.5. I think the waffles and bagels were the best part. The pastries and coffee were a little disappointing. But, it is perfect for those that do not want a filling breakfast. All in all, it was a pleasant start to the morning.
Staff: Friendly and accomodating. No problems at all!
Location: Very close to the University! Parents visiting their kids in school, this is the place to stay! Took us about 5 minutes to get to the University with traffic lights. The only problem is getting back to the hotel, since you cannot make a left hand turn into it. So plan your return route! You are about a block or so from a couple of restaurants (heading up towards the capitol), which is nice if you do not want to venture far away from the hotel. I think we could have walked to these places.
Checkout: Fast and painless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently Renovated. The Comfort Suites® hotel is centrally located in the heart of Tallahassee. The hotel is within minutes of the Florida State Capital, Florida State University, Florida A&M University, the Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, the Tallahassee-Leon County Civic Center, Governor's Square mall and other downtown attractions. The Tallahassee Regional Airport is eight miles from the hotel. Additional area attractions and businesses include federal and state courthouses, and the Turnbull Florida State Conference Center. There are also golf courses, theaters and a variety of restaurants and lounges near the hotel. The hotel has many wonderful features and amenities, including:- Free wired and wireless high-speed Internet access- Free hot breakfast buffet- Free local calls- Free weekday newspaper- Free coffee in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Comfort Suites Tallahassee Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Tallahassee
- Comfort Suites Tallahassee
- Tallahassee Comfort Suites