“An absolutely glorious burger and beer dive.”

Bird's Aphrodisiac Oyster Shack
Ranked #7 of 858 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Walk in with no pretenses and walk out happy. It is a roller derby girl meets buisness traffic and college group mix. Huge burgers and cold beer. Goofy entertainment. Crappy furniture and.graffiti filled bathrooms. Perfect.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Nothing more needs to be said. They make em right here. Its a dive, get over it and order a burger, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Canesfan16
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Really good staff and good food. They were able to handle 32 of us with 18 being 12 to 14 with no problem. I would definitely eat here if ever in the area again.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

My boyfriend and I will never step foot in this place again. I will also be recommending to all of my friends to not eat here. We went there last night (for the first time mind you) for my birthday dinner and were treated with the utmost insolence that any customer should have to put up with. We both ordered burgers, I myself ordered Medium and he ordered Well. They came out RAW!! When we complained to the gentleman (and I use that term VERY loosely) he said it wasn't going to be a problem and that he would fix it. Came back 2 minutes later with the SAME patty as before. I had mayo, mustard and ketchup on it. I was done at this point and was ready to walk out. Then the guy asked me if it was better. I said, "it's fine" and he squated down and said in a condescending tone, "Well you tell me what YOU would like me to do". I was so pissed at this point I told him "absolutely nothing". My boyfriend did send his back for a third time because it was STILL pink inside. By the time the burger came back out we were so sick to our stomachs by the way we were treated and the idea of raw hamburger that we just paid the check and left without eating. This is a HORRIBLE way to run a business and I am honestly in shock that it is still running if this is how customers get treated on a regular bases. On the other hand, some people may like a little salmonella with their beer.

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Great bar with no pretentiousness. Simple menu and a large beer selection.
I had a grouper sandwich with Birds seasoning with cole slaw as a side. It was very good! Also had an order of onion rings. Also very good and were enough to feed a family of four.
Looking forward to going back.