“nice flat trail”

Ranked #18 of 84 things to do in Tallahassee
More attraction details
Owner description: Trail following Florida's oldest railroad line.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

great place to go for a run/bike ride. just south of the city it carrys u on towards st. marks.
getting there is "downhill", coming back is a ever so slight incline lol.

1  Thank Curtez151

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I've rode this trail many times in the past couple of years. I start in Tallahassee at the Capital Circle Trailhead ending at St. Marks. The last 6 miles, from Hwy 98 to St. Marks is the prettiest part with a lot shade and some curves. A flat trail with many chances to stop for water, benches or restrooms along the way. The trail is always clean with no debri on it. First time riders, experienced riders, walkers, runners and roller bladers...all share the trail! All participants easily give a wave and a smile. Very cool to know you're riding on a bit of FL history! You can also rent bicycles at The Great Bicycle Shop, 1 1/2 miles north of the Cap Circle Trailhead (Woodville Hwy). http://www.greatbicycle.com/. I rented from them the 1st time I rode, then bought the bike I rented! Enjoy the ride!

1  Thank Patti W
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have been riding the trail for years. The trail was recently resurfaced and widened along with the addition of more bathrooms. Over the years since it was a railroad the trees have grown closer to the trail so even on the sunniest days you can find shade to ride in.
I personally like to ride from Tallahassee to Saint Marks and enjoy Sunday afternoon jazz at the Sweet Magnolia Inn and get driven home!

2  Thank chrisSPSC97
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We started in St. Marks, rode to the end in Tallahassee then back to St Marks for lunch. The rails to trails path runs through some lovely shady areas and passes through some great country side. Traffic was not an issue until we got right into tallahassee. We are big rails to trails fans and this one is one of our favorites.

1  Thank Melissa W
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I love this trail. I ride it a few times a year. The fishing town of St. Marks and San Marcos de Apalache State Park are with the ride.

2  Thank FSU2000