“Head over to Lake Overstreet”

Ranked #30 of 88 things to do in Tallahassee
More attraction details
Owner description: Tallahassee's best running option.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The great part of Lake Overstreet is that you hike, run, or bike the trails almost year round, and it's almost at my back door.

The five mile loop has been a favorite with my son's Cub Scout pack, but I've also walked with friends. The Lake is beautiful, and I just discovered the back trails for mountain bikers. There's a little something for anyone who wants to get outdoors in Tallahassee.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

While there are plenty of nature trails near Tallahassee, this trail is right in the city limits. The trail system give you options, such as taking a loop or walking on toward the Maclay Gardens Park. On occasion we have seen deer and other wildlife on morning walks.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I love to be outside walking or running, but it can be a real challenge in the summer heat and humidity in Tallahassee. So I enjoy heading out to the Lake Overstreet trail that has great cover and your choice of a longer or shorter loop. Be sure to bring your water and a friend if you enjoy chatting. You can enjoy the trail and the beauty and peace of the woods on your own too. Have fun!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is my 2nd favorite trail in Tallahassee. You have to pay a small fee or buy a state park pass to walk on it (and there are plenty of free trails to walk), but it is a good distance around a lovely lake with beautiful scenery.

1  Thank DKGenius
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We tried to walk the Lake Overstreet Trail but got lost halfway due to lack of good indications. We got way off track and were lucky to meet a nice lady along the road who offered to drive us back to the parking lot in the park!

2  Thank Jenny H