“Good to go” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Tallahassee, Fl
“Good to go”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

Two and a half stars would be best... I can't imagine anyone actually eating in this storefront restaurant as the bare tables and open kitchen are as uninviting as possible. But for take-out, the selection is large, the staff barely speaks English, leading you to believe the food may be authentic, and the service is fast and pleasant. I ordered an egg roll and moo goo gai pan, a safe bet most anywhere. I have to say I refrigerated the food and microwaved it a couple of hours later, not exactly ideal. The egg roll was okay but lacked crunch - no bean sprouts or water chestnuts that I could taste. The white rice was very sticky, no matter how much I tried to fluff it up. The veggies and chicken were good, the sauce was very unaggressive - needed lots of soy sauce and even salt - but the crunch was sorely missing. I like the water chestnuts and bamboo shoots you generally get, and they were missing. Carrots, celery and large zucchini chunks were the veggies. In a pinch, I would go there again, but it isn't on my go-to list.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Orlando, Florida
“Mediocre at best”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

If you have never had good Chinese food, then you may like this place. Otherwise keep looking. Everything was below average.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dee411
Pine Valley, California
“Five stars???!? You must be joking...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

...or a relative. If there were no other Chinese restaurants in Tallahassee, I would return the next time I had a craving for Chinese, But of course there are many options in Tallahassee for Chinese and Asian, and I will try most or all of them before I return to Empire Chinese. The FOOD is AT BEST AVERAGE, maybe a notch below. The AMBIENCE (If one dares use that term for what is basically a storefront take out Chinese resto) is AT BEST two star, but TA doesn't allow for half-star ratings. Value for money?: I would give it one or 1 1/2 stars, given the value available at Tallahassee's many Asian buffet restos. My friend and I had to ask for napkins and for extra soy sauce. The chef kept talking at super loud volume to friends on his cell phone during our visit. Neither cups nor ice available for the sodas. My only explanation for how this place can remain in business, given many superior places within a mile or two, is its location and convenience for the takeout market.

Tallahassee, Florida
“Cheap and easy...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

...a little greasy. Family operated and right next to Publix Market, this basic Chinese style restaurant offers take out or dine in.

Visited January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

Good chinese restaurant here folks. I googled a good chinese place to go to in TLH and this place came up with its awesome ratings. I had the Genera's Tso's Chicken like i get at every chinese place i eat at, chicken lo mein, 2 egg rools and 2 spring rolls. Everything was delicious. Also, alot of the time when i eat chinese food i end up feeling disgusting, full, and heavy. I didnt get that feeling last night after finishing my meal so that is definitely another plus. It's not a restaurant. Empire is like a take out type chinese restaurant.

• Visited August 2012