“Quirky Old-fashioned French”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of A La Provence

A La Provence
Reserve with OpenTable
A La Provence is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 800 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: A La Provence offers Classic French Cuisine in an elegant, refined style. We specialize in Fresh Seafood and Hand-Cut all Natural Beef. Our service is precise, professional and attentive.
South Kent, Connecticut
“Quirky Old-fashioned French”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Interesting and sometimes quirky twists on French cuisine await here. The surroundings are kind of fuddy-duddy, but pleasant enough. But the food is really unusual for its kind. For example, how often do you find a duo of lamb chops and quail, or lamb and pork pate with pickled okra? It's well worth the trip to this strip mall for some adventuresome dining.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank oxide

Kingsport, Tennessee
“Look hard to find this excellent restaruant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I was recently in Tallahassee for business and wanted to try something different from the other restaurants in town. This was my first visit to A la Provence but I will return when in town again. The only problem I had was locating it in the first place. My GPS took me to the general area but I had to call the restaurant to get its actual location. It is located beside/behind a liquor store and in a strip mall type area and cannot be seen from the roadway. Go into the parking lot and get out to look around if you must. The location was not what I expected. I did however go into the restaurant and was glad that I did so. Service was top notch and I enjoyed the artistry and taste of everything I ate. I did regret ordering the rib eye rather than the filet due to the fat content but it was delicious. I ordered a la carte but would suggest consideration of the prix fixe menu to save a few dollars.

Tallahassee, Florida
“Good food, for a price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Good food, nice ambience, if a little pricey. We went out with a group of 17. Average check was about $150 per couple with wine. No happy hour.

We liked the old Ambassador Meal deal for $59 you got a bottle of decent wine, 2 entrees, split an appetizer and dessert. That's gone, so it's a la carte.

Salmon is $25, steak is $30, chicken $18-20.

We liked it fine, just thought it was a little pricey.

Tallahassee, Florida
“Always the BEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I am just delighted to give my opinion on this, my favorite in Tallahassee. Always greeted beautifully, service is excellent and all the food is outstanding. Either Luncheon of dinner, or just a drink and salad in the bar, it's above and beyond.

Pittsburgh
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

We chose this restaurant, as we usually do when visiting an unfamiliar city, based on the tripadvisor reviews. The numerous excellent ratings for A la Provence were spot on!

My husband and I split a warm spinach salad with pancetta and chèvre, which was more like a lightly sautéed appetizer in that the spinach was more than just wilted. We also found a excessive amount of dressing for our taste. My main course was "lasagne al a minute" which turned out to be a deconstructed lasagne with an excellent bolognese sauce, two types of broad noodles,and goat cheese. It was accompanied by a salad that the waiter described as small (which was why we ordered the spinach salad to start) but which was as large as a typical starter salad. The dressing on that salad was light both in flavor and amount. My husband had a very large filet mignon which was perfectly grilled medium rare as he requested, dauphin potatoes, and well-prepared asparagus. Our wine was a very tasty Malbec recommended by our waiter.

One word of caution -- the address for the restaurant is given as Timberlane Road. Even with an up to date gps, we drove around for five minutes until we found it hiding in a rather mundane shopping center. It is not well marked at all which is a shame because it is worth finding.

• Visited February 2014